You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

At work on Thursday and was chatting to the receptionist at work about the murders at the weekend. She didn't know anything about them. I said that hopefully the MLA will step up to the mark. She asked me what an MLA is. I said, you know in Stormont. She asked what Stormont is and I said, the Assembly. What's the Assembly, she asked. Got fed up and told her to watch the news or read the newspaper once in a while! FFS!!  ::)
Testing Accessibility

leenie

the new facebook homepage..... whats that all about?
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ziggysego on March 14, 2009, 08:37:12 PM
At work on Thursday and was chatting to the receptionist at work about the murders at the weekend. She didn't know anything about them. I said that hopefully the MLA will step up to the mark. She asked me what an MLA is. I said, you know in Stormont. She asked what Stormont is and I said, the Assembly. What's the Assembly, she asked. Got fed up and told her to watch the news or read the newspaper once in a while! FFS!!  ::)
I'm sure she knows a circus full of clowns though. Ignorance is bliss.

maggie

People who wear sunglasses inside a shopping centre.
Wise up FFS.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: maggie on March 15, 2009, 07:38:44 PM
Wise up FFS.
I saw a girl last week wearing sunglasses whilst driving her mini in the dark. Cool.  8)

maggie

Plus there were fellas walking around in shorts and t-shirts.

Treasurer

Wise up FFS.

In fairness Maggies, there's been an odd occasion where I've walked into the supermarket wearing my prescription sunglasses and not realised it until I was inside.  Choices are go blind or look stupid!

ziggysego

Also, some people have to wear tinted glasses. Something to do with their eyes.
Testing Accessibility

Gaffer

Wise up FFS.

And people who have the earpiece for their mobile phone  attached as they shop.

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Treasurer

Quote from: ziggysego on March 15, 2009, 10:08:57 PM
Also, some people have to wear tinted glasses. Something to do with their eyes.

I wear reactive lenses most of the time and sometimes they go dark when I dno't really need them to and look daft.

maggie

Treas - no disrespect to the tinted glasses wearing population, i actually meant those ppl wearing designer sunglasses on their faces inside whilst shopping, david/posh style.

Gaffer

Quote from: maggie on March 15, 2009, 10:49:49 PM
Treas - no disrespect to the tinted glasses wearing population, i actually meant those ppl wearing designer sunglasses on their faces inside whilst shopping, david/posh style.

You see ' celebrities' wearing dark glasses all the time while indoors.

Would love some interviewer to put them on the spot and ask them why they are wearing them .
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Treasurer

Quote from: maggie on March 15, 2009, 10:49:49 PM

Yep, but my prescription sunglasses just look like ordinary sunglasses and I KNOW I look like a plonker when I have them on in the supermarket :)

ziggysego

That apology sounded fake Treasurer. Don't accept it.
Testing Accessibility

supersub

the way liverpool have beaten utd and chelsea home and away this season and still arnt gonna win the league grrr