You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

downgirl

Stupid drunken messes standing outside shouting at 2am waking everyone else up  >:(  HATE this place this year  >:( >:(

SidelineKick

"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

sail_in

Toasters that don't have slots that are big enough to fit the bread in longways! 

I think I'm right in saying that these days most bread isn't square-shaped, and that bread with the arch-shaped crust is more common (see Pat The Baker, Brennan's, etc.).

As far as I can see you've 2 choices when you try to use one of these toasters:

1.  Have yourself a slice of 3/4 toast and 1/4 warm bread - yuck!

2.  Try to time it so that you flip the bread half way through the toasting cycle - this isn't easy as the more you use the toaster in one run, the quicker it seems to get.  Can anyone confirm if toasters do this or if I'm imagining this?

How hard would it be for someone to make a toaster that actually fits most bread.

.. and relax ...

SidelineKick

I'm with ye on that one.  I normally wait til its popped then stick it in the other way round for a few seconds to get the top slightly toasted.  Very annoying though.

Reported.

lurganblue

i gave up on toasters long ago. cant find one that will toast the oul nutty crust...  >:(
just have to use the grill

SidelineKick

When some bollix doesnt dry the floor after coming out of the shower and you walk into the bathroom with your socks on.  Very annoying.

Reported.

under the bar

Grilling sausages.   They curl up meaning you can't roll them a quarter turn to get them evenly cooked.    You get 2 quadrants fully cooked while then other 2 quadrants are still half raw.

FermGael

People who believe that on the motorway, the left lane is for the slow drivers and the outside lane for the even slower driver  >:(
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

lurganblue

Quote from: FermGael on November 17, 2008, 12:07:45 PM
People who believe that on the motorway, the left lane is for the slow drivers and the outside lane for the even slower driver  >:(

two fcukin lorries over taking each other on the motorway. one doing 60 and the other doing 61

SidelineKick

Quote from: lurganblue on November 17, 2008, 12:11:52 PM
Quote from: FermGael on November 17, 2008, 12:07:45 PM

two fcukin lorries over taking each other on the motorway. one doing 60 and the other doing 61

:D That is a real torture! Though it does mean that the lorry overtaking will reach his destination 10, maybe 20, seconds quicker than he would have if he hada stayed behind the other lorry.

People that keep their R plates up on the motorway. Rip them down and get the foot to the floor!!

Reported.

Hardy

Grilling sausages.   They curl up meaning you can't roll them a quarter turn to get them evenly cooked.    You get 2 quadrants fully cooked while then other 2 quadrants are still half raw.

Stab them on the inside curve.

Don't mention it.

SidelineKick

Does that not make them bust open?? Thats even more annoying!

Reported.

under the bar

QuoteStab them on the inside curve.

Don't mention it.

then the fat bubbles out

SidelineKick

Political correctness gone mad.

Someone I know nipped into a coffee shop to grab a quick cup on the way to work.  He asked the girl behind the counter for a cup of black coffee.  The employee (who was black) asked him to rephrase it and said "Do you mind asking for a cup of coffee without milk?"

Thats some d**k with a chip on their shoulder.  I would have lost it.

Reported.