You'll Never Walk Alone.

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

ziggysego

Curved spine :( I'm lying in bed here with a very painful back. :'(
Testing Accessibility

Handy

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 25, 2008, 11:14:24 PM
You forgot to mention parents who have to drop their kids off right at the school gate..They are b**tards

Are you serious, and please answer this - parents are bastards for leaving their kids to school - seriously that is what you think?

Handy

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 25, 2008, 11:23:44 PM
Handy I'm trying to explain my position and you clearly aren't interested, just interested in calling names so what's the point.
I was slapped, my parents arent/werent bullies, I can barely remember ever being left with a babysitter, if they were going to the cinema or out for a meal we'd be with them, now they practically rear their grandchildren as well  :-\

You are talking balls and you know it - so your parents would have taken you to see Saw V for example!!! Society has moved on from the dark ages, both parents are now equal, in your day the man went for a drink to wind down as it were at the weekend and the little woman minded the kids, that is a thing of the past.  If at some stage during the month both parents engage in a night out (be it meal, cinema, drinks) and granny obliges with the baby sitting duties, how is that detremental to anyone?  Also if you had kids you would know that it does everyone good, parents and kids alike to have the odd bit of space from each other.

pintsofguinness

QuoteYou are talking balls and you know it - so your parents would have taken you to see Saw V for example!!!
I'm talking a balls about what exactly?  They probably wouldnt have taken us to see Saw V but they wouldnt have went on their own. I realise they are quite unusal and it's only in later years taht I've appreciated that everything they done was centred around us. 

Society has moved on from the dark ages, both parents are now equal, in your day the man went for a drink to wind down as it were at the weekend and the little woman minded the kids, that is a thing of the past. 
That wouldnt be my oul boy but yes society has changed and rightly so.

QuoteIf at some stage during the month both parents engage in a night out (be it meal, cinema, drinks) and granny obliges with the baby sitting duties, how is that detremental to anyone?  Also if you had kids you would know that it does everyone good, parents and kids alike to have the odd bit of space from each other.
I've no issue about once a month, it's the ones that do it every weekend. The children are with a babysitter all week because their working (fair enough) and then they're dumped with a babysitter at the weekend again? I've friends who both work, kids left with the babysitter and they will go off on holiday on their own leaving the kids with the granny.   ???
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Handy

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 26, 2008, 09:43:39 AM

I've no issue about once a month, it's the ones that do it every weekend. The children are with a babysitter all week because their working (fair enough) and then they're dumped with a babysitter at the weekend again? I've friends who both work, kids left with the babysitter and they will go off on holiday on their own leaving the kids with the granny.   ???

That's mighty big of you - but you do have issues with baby on board stickers, prams in shops, parents availing of parking spaces made available to them by shopping centres, you also have issues with kids being kids and advocate quite openly "slapping" toddlers, and all this from someone who has no kids!!  By the way maybe the odd day away from the apron strings might of give you a more rounded outlook on society!

pintsofguinness

QuoteBy the way maybe the odd day away from the apron strings might of give you a more rounded outlook on society!
So now you're criticising my parent's parenting skills, nice.

leenie

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

pintsofguinness

Handy

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 26, 2008, 01:08:30 PM
QuoteBy the way maybe the odd day away from the apron strings might of give you a more rounded outlook on society!

I wasn't but your criticising everyone elses, pot/kettle - get over it.  :-*

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Handy on October 26, 2008, 04:59:39 PM

Course you were but rather you'd rather goad than try to talk sensibly so I'm done here.

Handy

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 26, 2008, 05:16:12 PM
Quote from: Handy on October 26, 2008, 04:59:39 PM

Course you were but rather you'd rather goad than try to talk sensibly so I'm done here.

Done what slagging parents and kids?  Good man.

pintsofguinness