pintsofguinness

Quote from: Square Ball on February 26, 2008, 10:00:18 AM
trying to book a flight with Ryanair

Aye, 1 euro flight -
8 euro booking fee
8 euro for taking a bag
8 euro for checking in
8 euro for getting on the plane
8 euro for breathing while on the plane!

Mind you they have a sense of humour, every flight I'm on I seem to have a screaming child sit next to me, I'm beginning to think snowed under works for them. 

The only good thing about them is they stopped that nonsense of allowing parents and children on first although the downside is they can come on after you on the plane and sit down beside you whereas before if they were already seated you could avoid them.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Louth Exile

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 26, 2008, 01:28:42 PM
The only good thing about them is they stopped that nonsense of allowing parents and children on first although the downside is they can come on after you on the plane and sit down beside you whereas before if they were already seated you could avoid them.

There is the proof that you will never be happy, whichever way you get it, its always going to be a lose-lose for poor POG in his eternal fight against those damn selfish parents  :D
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Puckoon

Quote from: Louth Exile on February 26, 2008, 01:42:37 PM

There is the proof that you will never be happy, whichever way you get it, its always going to be a lose-lose for poor POG in his eternal fight against those damn selfish parents  :D

:D :D :D

ziggysego

I'm afraid I'm with pints about children on planes.
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ziggysego on February 26, 2008, 01:48:22 PM

Thank you!

It is ridiculous, could we not get some sort of soundproof compartment for the children?

Puckoon

pintsofguinness

ziggysego

Quote from: Puckoon on February 26, 2008, 01:52:08 PM
A crying room like in the chapel?

People who don't know the differences between a chapel and a church ;)
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

Ill have a quiet word to richard and see what he can do. Once Virgin implement it, it will "take off" so to speak. The idea might even be a flyer. On the other hand it might not get off the ground...

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Puckoon on February 26, 2008, 01:55:03 PM
Ill have a quiet word to richard and see what he can do. Once Virgin implement it, it will "take off" so to speak. The idea might even be a flyer. On the other hand it might not get off the ground...

Why don't they just ban children flying altogether or maybe have special planes for them.

Puckoon

That would be a great news story when that one crashes pints. :-\

Bar None

Quote from: Square Ball on February 26, 2008, 10:00:18 AM
trying to book a flight with Ryanair

Aye, 1 euro flight -
8 euro booking fee
8 euro for taking a bag
8 euro for checking in
8 euro for getting on the plane
8 euro for breathing while on the plane!

Mind you they have a sense of humour, every flight I'm on I seem to have a screaming child sit next to me, I'm beginning to think snowed under works for them. 

I think this was so that kids and parents were together and some ignorant bastard didn't kill them in the rush for the plane, thank God Easyjet still does it.  Do you think that if two parents and two toddlers tried to get through the rush of ignorant gits that seem to be on these flights, only to find 4 seperate seats all over the plane, it would be good for the kids, havent to be seperated and God forbit end up beside you.  Oh that's right you'll turn this round about the parents being selfish, you will make up some crap about not hating kids and that parents who try to sit with their kids on a flight are selfish as well as those try to keep them safe in other situations, Jesus wept.  ::)

pintsofguinness

Quote from: hardstation on February 26, 2008, 01:57:10 PM
Or put them in cages and in with the luggage like cats and dogs. They'd like that.

As long as it was sound proof.

Bar None

Quote from: ziggysego on February 26, 2008, 01:48:22 PM

So what age do you think kids should be before they are allowed to enter the same room as yourself, ffs catch a crip.

Bar None

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 26, 2008, 01:55:48 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on February 26, 2008, 01:55:03 PM

Why don't they just ban children flying altogether or maybe have special planes for them.

Sums you up, its good though that you have special parking spaces, as you obviously have major issues judging a space.