You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

I did? I vaguly recall something...  :D
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

QuoteI spoke back and then she started waffling on, so I just added the odd "mmh" "erm" s

Nope, don't believe you. 
My woman's the same, always complaining about hearing someone's life story or some nonsense she's not interested in and I'll tell you the same thing I tell her - IT'S BECAUSE YOU INSIST ON TALKING TO PEOPLE!

No sympathy!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

Can't believe you're turning on me pints. After me backing you up about what nuisance children can be when their parents/guardian don't keep proper control on them. This won't be forgotten!
Testing Accessibility

heganboy

Quoteyes
from pints of guinness
really? why?

QuoteAsk the child to stop.
from the bould ziggy
aye- that worked on you when you were a kid- right enough
"stop squirming in that seat Ziggy"
"ok mammy- Im sorry for squirming in my seat"
"that's ok ziggy you just sit still there for the next 2 hours and don't annoy the poor fella (or is it girl?) in front of you or I'll have to hit you a slap and the whole plane can hear you yell for the next half hour"
"dream on mammy"
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ziggysego on January 30, 2008, 10:12:54 PM
Can't believe you're turning on me pints. After me backing you up about what nuisance children can be when their parents/guardian don't keep proper control on them. This won't be forgotten!
I'm just saying that if you insist on talking to people you'll hear these things, I bet she wouldn't have told me the story.

Hegan, when I was young and being bold I'd get slapped and if I started to roar and scream I would have got another one and told to stop - never done me any harm. 
You can't let a child do what they want because you're afraid of their response. Would you buy everything a child wants in a shop because you're afraid of a bad tempered fit?

ziggysego

Alcohol heganboy, large quantities of alcohol then.

I won't say for me or the child ;)
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 30, 2008, 10:17:54 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on January 30, 2008, 10:12:54 PM
I'm just saying that if you insist on talking to people you'll hear these things, I bet she wouldn't have told me the story.

Hegan, when I was young and being bold I'd get slapped and if I started to roar and scream I would have got another one and told to stop - never done me any harm
You can't let a child do what they want because you're afraid of their response. Would you buy everything a child wants in a shop because you're afraid of a bad tempered fit?

Fair enough point Pints, you well adjusted individual you.

pintsofguinness

heganboy

Pints, I'm mostly stirring to be honest, I've had a child on a plane who took violently ill after getting plane food and spent 6 hours vomiting and its a crap place to be as you feel guilty that you're disturbing others around you. But if same child were to take a strop he'd know all about it old school style.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

ziggysego

Quote from: heganboy on January 30, 2008, 10:41:30 PM
Pints, I'm mostly stirring to be honest, I've had a child on a plane who took violently ill after getting plane food and spent 6 hours vomiting and its a crap place to be as you feel guilty that you're disturbing others around you. But if same child were to take a strop he'd know all about it old school style.

There was a child a few rows back that was sick everywhere. I didn't mind that, she wasn't well.
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

An ill child is very different than a bold one who's parent's won't check him/her.

Puckoon

Im very quick to capitulate to my perceived needs of others and really hate to be anywhere near any scene that could be construed as being embarrassing on my point. However, in your situation Hegan I wouldnt give a proverbial flyer and would almost welcome being challenged by someone with an axe to grind. If I had the time after attending to the needs of the kid.

Lecale2

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 30, 2008, 10:52:28 PM

An ill child is very different than a bold one who's parent's won't check him/her.

I agree with POG. I think most humans would have some sympathy for a sick child.

Rick O Shea

That magherafelt council are applauded for their level of absenteeism despite it being something like an average of 7 days per year per employee. Don't get me started on Larne!!!!