You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

People who say "nukular", for "nuclear".  They include the president of the USA, at least one RTÉ newsreader and the latest was some fella on the "What-if" programme on RTÉ Radio 1 this morning - what if we had built the nuclear power station in Carnsore was the subject. This lad was there as an expert on the whole subject, yet he can't pronounce the name of his speciality.

Hardy

And people who call Christmas "Crimbo".

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

The price of healthy stuff!!!

They tell us to eat healthy, bbc talk about obese people every morning yet pog is starting his diet tomorrow, goes and buys apples, oranges, bananas and grapes and it comes to £13.00!!!!
Do you know how much sweets you could get with £13.00?!!!

And the shop makes me walk past all the sweets to get to the till  :(
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Puckoon

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 06, 2008, 09:28:47 PM

They tell us to eat healthy, bbc talk about obese people every morning yet pog is starting his diet tomorrow, goes and buys apples, oranges, bananas and grapes and it comes to £13.00!!!!

Pints, the selfish parents did make the supermarkets put in a sweetieless cue, so they can get the kids through without them gurning for smarties. I know, as I was dragged through it regularly.

By the way - did you only get one of each for that price?

inisceithleann

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 06, 2008, 09:28:47 PM

It's the same story with Jamie Oliver. He's on the box this week I think showing us all how the chicken we all eat gets to us on the plate. The classic shock stuff. Is he going to fund the buying of organic food then?
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

pintsofguinness

QuoteBy the way - did you only get one of each for that price?
No dont be silly, 4 oranges, 6 apples, bunch of bananas, two bunches of grapes oh and bottle of water!

You think sleep deprived pints is grumpy - wait till you experience hungry, sleep deprived pints.

pintsofguinness

uurrghh and the apples are rotten!
For f**k sake!

Gnevin

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 06, 2008, 09:39:24 PM
uurrghh and the apples are rotten!
For f**k sake!
Should of got a Granny smith
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

pintsofguinness

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

The Real Laoislad

Red apples are the nicest i hate green apples
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Can't beat the red ones LL, although a nice green one can be nice from time to time. Tangy!
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on January 06, 2008, 10:11:49 PM
Can't beat the red ones LL, although a nice green one can be nice from time to time. Tangy!

Na can't stand the green ones at all,i find them very bitter..
Kiwi's now their my fruit of choice..I eat them skin and all  :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

I'd rather the red apples too but you should have seen the state of them in the shop.