You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigfella

Quote from: mackers on December 23, 2015, 10:09:15 AM
The biggest t*ts on the road are not Audi or BMW drivers, they are the t**sers women in the jeeps.  Driving up the Newry Armagh road this morning on a straight part of the road (doing 65-70 mph) and a bollox in a Range Rover tried to overtake me and two cars in front of me when there was a car turning into a side road on the right...near wiped us all out. The road had chevrons on it to stop people doing what he did...he was in the middle of them when he had to brake I gave him a blast on the horn as he was alongside me when he had to brake.  Most of us would have sat back on making this mistake but he proceeded at the earliest opportunity to go again.  On the way past he leaned over to give ME the dirty look..... >:( >:(.

Corrected that for you  :P

TheOptimist

People without prams parking in the spaces for people with prams.  >:(

HiMucker

Quote from: Green Fields on December 23, 2015, 07:52:03 AM
And 90% of them are driving second hand cars, because folk like laoislad would rather pay through the nose for a second hand status symbol than get a car practical and affordable to their lifestyle.
I bet you buy part worn tyres

thebigfella

Quote from: HiMucker on December 23, 2015, 10:23:11 AM
And 90% of them are driving second hand cars, because folk like laoislad would rather pay through the nose for a second hand status symbol than get a car practical and affordable to their lifestyle.

;D

Franko

Quote from: thebigfella on December 23, 2015, 10:10:13 AM
Quote from: Franko on December 23, 2015, 08:51:37 AM

Anybody that goes into a showroom and buys a new car only to lose 25-40% of the value of it as soon as they stick a set of plates on it needs their head examined.

And if some people decide they want a nice second hand car, well sure that's their lookout.  I'm sure they won't be giving a shit about you in the 1.0L Liana as you drive past in your jealous rage.

Is there a connection between the Green Fields and the Green Eyed Monster...

Actually with all the dealer discounts (finance contributions if you need too & lower Apr rates for new) the difference is minimal. Depending on the model and dealer needing to make targets; you can negotiate some great discounts which heavily negate the depreciation.

Gone are the days cash was king and if you are paying cash, it's nearly always better to take the finance from the dealer (as there is usually no early settlement charges) so you can get a additional deposit contribution and then just settle the next week with the finance company for the cash price (you can only be charged interest for the length of the finance period).

Very few cars lose anything near 40% coming of the forecourt. Certainly none of the premium brands derided in the last few posts won't. If it does, then you payed to much or you bought something sh1te.

Never bought brand new in my life.  This quote is taken from the AA website.

A new car loses value as soon as you drive off the forecourt and by the end of the first year will have lost around 40% of its value. This varies a lot though and the best may lose as little as 10%.

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/car-buyers-guide/cbg_depreciation.html

Let some other guy run it in for 10-20k miles, offer them £10k less than they paid for it and pocket his last two years warranty.

And we now have the added bonus of sending Green Fields into a bit of a tailspin (pardon the pun)...

ONeill

Forgetting things. 40 is the turning point. Can't remember who's called what.

Can't remember what I came on here to say....
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Green Fields

Quote from: thebigfella on December 22, 2015, 05:17:45 PM
Quote from: Green Fields on December 22, 2015, 01:41:25 PM
Usually car proud w**kers in audis, bmw's or mercs, and mostly second hand at that, I think you should be able to get a parking ticket for this.

W**kers that have a chip on their shoulder about what others drive. Seriously get over it.

Take it you like the status symbol - bet you have a personalised number plate as well.  ;)

Green Fields

Quote from: HiMucker on December 23, 2015, 10:23:11 AM

And put the safety of myself and my family at risk - why would you say that?

Green Fields

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 23, 2015, 09:38:04 AM
Lads this "mine is bigger than yours" stuff is embarrassing. Catch yourselves on.

My point was these wankers in their big flash cars deliberately parking to take up two spaces do so in case precious gets scrapped or tapped by someone beside them opening their door, and in 90% of the cases they are pieces of shit 10 years old with bigfella 1 on the number plate.

thebigfella

Quote from: Franko on December 23, 2015, 10:59:16 AM
Quote from: thebigfella on December 23, 2015, 10:10:13 AM

Anybody that goes into a showroom and buys a new car only to lose 25-40% of the value of it as soon as they stick a set of plates on it needs their head examined.

And if some people decide they want a nice second hand car, well sure that's their lookout.  I'm sure they won't be giving a shit about you in the 1.0L Liana as you drive past in your jealous rage.

Actually with all the dealer discounts (finance contributions if you need too & lower Apr rates for new) the difference is minimal. Depending on the model and dealer needing to make targets; you can negotiate some great discounts which heavily negate the depreciation.

Gone are the days cash was king and if you are paying cash, it's nearly always better to take the finance from the dealer (as there is usually no early settlement charges) so you can get a additional deposit contribution and then just settle the next week with the finance company for the cash price (you can only be charged interest for the length of the finance period).

Very few cars lose anything near 40% coming of the forecourt. Certainly none of the premium brands derided in the last few posts won't. If it does, then you payed to much or you bought something sh1te.

Never bought brand new in my life.  This quote is taken from the AA website.

A new car loses value as soon as you drive off the forecourt and by the end of the first year will have lost around 40% of its value. This varies a lot though and the best may lose as little as 10%.

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/car-buyers-guide/cbg_depreciation.html

Let some other guy run it in for 10-20k miles, offer them £10k less than they paid for it and pocket his last two year's warranty.

And we now have the added bonus of sending Green Fields into a bit of a tailspin (pardon the pun)...

Most new cars don't need much run in as the engines are broken in during manufacturing.

Also I'd take a lot of those articles with a pinch or salt as they are usually calculated of the list price. I got 22% off the list price and a further 1750 quid my last purchase. I could only negioate a 1.5 year old (less spec'd version) to within a difference of 3k.

It wasn't worth buying 2nd hand but again all this depends on brand/model/dealer targets etc.... Although I did by a model that would sent Green Fields through the roof  ;)

Green Fields

It's amazing you know what I drive, I'd say you are a status symbol kinda guy, you bigfella, laoislad etc should swap car pics, be nice to share at christmas time.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Franko

Quote from: Green Fields on December 23, 2015, 11:31:08 AM

It's amazing you know what I drive, I'd say you are a status symbol kinda guy, you bigfella, laoislad etc should swap car pics, be nice to share at christmas time.

In the spirit of giving if you PM me your address I'll send you one too.  You can hang it on the rear view mirror of the Liana.

Green Fields

Why not post it here - let everyone enjoy it, ill check back later, can't wait.

Asal Mor

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 23, 2015, 09:38:04 AM
Lads this "mine is bigger than yours" stuff is embarrassing. Catch yourselves on.
+1.