You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

People.... Mainly women who drive down the wrong lane at the Toll booth and don't have the correct money or don't drive close enough to till!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

StephenC

Trying to separate the training cones from their stack to set up a drill. Leaves me in bad humour every single time.

oakleafgael

Quote from: StephenC on August 30, 2015, 09:26:34 AM
Trying to separate the training cones from their stack to set up a drill. Leaves me in bad humour every single time.

Only thing worse is boys gathering them up after it and mixing the colours up.

Eamonnca1

Blatant urban legends and other hoaxes getting passed around Facebook.

Sick child hoaxes on Facebook are particularly annoying because they prey on people's compassion and use sick children to inflate likes and audience size for commercial reasons.

laoislad

Schools being back and it f**king up traffic this morning  >:(
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

mikehunt

Quote from: muppet on August 20, 2015, 03:51:59 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 20, 2015, 03:08:21 PM
Paul Murphy, has replaced Brendan O'Connor as my most hated Irish man

Agreed.

The Ancient Athenians used to allow annually their citizens vote another citizen into exile for a decade.

I think we should introduce this here, in the interests of democracy of course. I bet we would get a much higher turnout at election time as well.

Murphy, despite his Mayo connections, would be very high on my list.

oh there'd be a few other Mayo areholes ahead of him in an election like that. Pee Flynn, his lovely daughted and the invisible Taoiseach to name a few. The Taoiseach's boss "Redacted" would win it this time around though.

Soup an Samajiz

Realising there's no chocolate for your tae
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

illdecide

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on August 31, 2015, 04:07:47 PM
Realising there's no chocolate for your tae

R guys sneaking off and making themselves tae and not asking you do u wanna cup
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

NP 76

Whys that 5 SAMs I quite like them as long as it's good stout what's the difference. As long as it doesn't go on rations

laoislad

This new Ray D'Arcy show. Feck me pink its nothing but awful.
Bring back Brendan O'Connor.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Eamonnca1

The "PC brigade" brigade who seem to think that all you have to do to win an argument is denounce someone as a member of said brigade.

Hound

Front page headline in Irish Times today:

State may gain up to €620m in Pfizer deal

Explanation in the piece:

Ireland's exchequer is in line for an annual boost of up to €620 million following Pfizer's acquisition of Allergan and Pfizer then moving its corporate HQ to Dublin.

Pfizer had international revenue last year of $28.5 billion and a group profit margin of 18.4%, therefore international profits of $5.3 billion, translating to a tax bill of €620 million using today's FX rate and Ireland's 12.5% tax rate, if it was all taxed here

The reality is that moving headquarters alone to Ireland doesn't result in one single extra cent of profits in Ireland and therefore no extra tax revenues. International profits continue to be taxed in the international locations. Only difference is the US have a rule where they can also tax international profits if the top company in the group is a US company. Ireland, like a lot of other countries, has no such rule.

So the Irish Times front page revelation is a complete fiction! (But will be picked up by media all around the world to further blacken our reputation)

Dinny Breen

M7 Junction 12 - 9 Northbound (7am - 10am) Junction 7 - 11 Southbound (4pm - 7pm)
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 24, 2015, 01:47:35 PM
M7 Junction 12 - 9 Northbound (7am - 10am) Junction 7 - 11 Southbound (4pm - 7pm)

+1000