You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

Quote from: trileacman on April 08, 2015, 05:23:42 PM
Quote from: JohnDenver on April 08, 2015, 03:10:34 PM
Bullshit like this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-32217870

It's probably bad enough that looking after your mother is seen as an exceptional event, but that coupled with having to publicise it is even worse.

I f**king agree with that. Add in the almost daily headline "you won't believe what [insert celebrities] did for this dying 12-yr old." I've no problem with the action in itself but we don't need the constant portrayal of minor celebs as fcking Mother Teresa.

And don't reply telling me that worthy actions or good deeds deserve praise in the press. Would your precious celebrities stop carrying out these charitable actions if there was a blanket ban on media coverage of them happening? and if so what does that really say about the morality of today's "heroes".
Although not a celebrity, there was some attention-starved dickwad on facebook videoing himself approaching homeless people on the street handing them easter eggs, complete with soppy music edited in. I never felt like throttling someone so much in my life.

AZOffaly

Quote from: andoireabu on April 09, 2015, 01:33:32 PM
People saying sentences back to front. Instead of "it is very busy today" they say "very busy today it is".

Do you work with Yoda or something?

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Esmarelda

People saying "............knowing my luck..........." as if they're inherently unlucky.

ziggysego

Quote from: general_lee on April 09, 2015, 01:40:17 PM
Bullshit like this

It's probably bad enough that looking after your mother is seen as an exceptional event, but that coupled with having to publicise it is even worse.

I f**king agree with that. Add in the almost daily headline "you won't believe what [insert celebrities] did for this dying 12-yr old." I've no problem with the action in itself but we don't need the constant portrayal of minor celebs as fcking Mother Teresa.

And don't reply telling me that worthy actions or good deeds deserve praise in the press. Would your precious celebrities stop carrying out these charitable actions if there was a blanket ban on media coverage of them happening? and if so what does that really say about the morality of today's "heroes".
Although not a celebrity, there was some attention-starved dickwad on facebook videoing himself approaching homeless people on the street handing them easter eggs, complete with soppy music edited in. I never felt like throttling someone so much in my life.

That Jones fella? He's a w**ker. He normally makes a p***k of him by overstepping the mark and then comes out with this shit a few days later.
Testing Accessibility

oakleaflad

Quote from: ziggysego on April 09, 2015, 04:51:44 PM
Quote from: general_lee on April 09, 2015, 01:40:17 PM
Bullshit like this

That Jones fella? He's a w**ker. He normally makes a p***k of him by overstepping the mark and then comes out with this shit a few days later.
Yeah the same boy i think, did you see him run away when threatened by the Irish guy in the car? He apparently had a gun pulled on him in America too. He will overstep the mark some day yet. 

JoG2

wee oranges that are labelled ' easy peel' but are a bastid to peel

Hereiam

macdanger2

Quote from: JoG2 on April 09, 2015, 09:22:17 PM

An awful pain in the hole, false advertising if ever there was

CD

Quote from: macdanger2 on April 10, 2015, 01:03:44 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on April 09, 2015, 09:22:17 PM

An awful pain in the hole, false advertising if ever there was
And the seedless ones that are full of seeds! Grrrr
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on April 09, 2015, 02:37:25 PM
A week long dose of the runs.

My childer have had them for nearly 2 weeks now!

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 09, 2015, 01:53:44 PM
Quote from: andoireabu on April 09, 2015, 01:33:32 PM
People saying sentences back to front. Instead of "it is very busy today" they say "very busy today it is".

Do you work with Yoda or something?

Thinking was I what exactly is that.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

The gaago ad before videos on the rte site. No character at all.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Sidney

Plastic wrappers on Cadbury's Dairy Milk and Fruit and Nut bars.

So, so wrong.

Hardy

Denn for down, kenty for county, Culdare, Culkenny. Five hours in a locked room with a continuous loop recording so that you can listen to yourself.

The proof is in the pudding.

It's not FOR free; it's free.

I'm only getting started.