You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Having to change the drivers seat position in the wife's car every time I get into drive it. She has it pushed forward as far as it will go and also has it in the highest position and has the angle of the seat almost vertical. Everytime I get in I have to pump the handle on the right to lower it and twist the yoke on the back to move the seat to a better angle and move the whole seat back, it takes ages to find the position I like.
It's a bit like sex really :)
Also calling it the wife's car annoys me. I'm paying for the fecking thing yet everyone calls it her car, how does that work!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Puckoon

If you'd spent more time pumping the handle instead of getting married...

sammymaguire

Going in to a supermarket with only a £20 note, hoping to grab a few bits, then realising that £20 isn't going to be enough for the other few bits and pieces that you remembered that you also needed when you went it. Does my head in.  :'(
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Jonah

Went into 3 different pubs in Dublin city yesterday to catch the 2nd half of Kilkenny Limerick hurling.
First two had Olympic Basketball on all their screens and the 3rd had the hurling on a small old TV in the corner but had Olympics on the two huge Plasma screens.
Is there no interest for hurling in our capital?

5 Sams

Quote from: Jonah on July 30, 2012, 07:32:00 PM
Went into 3 different pubs in Dublin city yesterday to catch the 2nd half of Kilkenny Limerick hurling.
First two had Olympic Basketball on all their screens and the 3rd had the hurling on a small old TV in the corner but had Olympics on the two huge Plasma screens.

You should've gone to the Palace in Fleet St. Nothing else on in there...great pub.
The Aristocrat Years

haranguerer

Wish I'd known about it when looking for the club finals while there was 6 nations on! That was a mission unaccomplished!

theticklemister

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 30, 2012, 08:29:01 PM

You should've gone to the Palace in Fleet St. Nothing else on in there...great pub.

Aye shocking stuff altogether!!!!!!

That's another thing I hate;' GAA men' who would rather watch soccer of indeed the rugby over football or hurling. Take for example last year Dublin were against Donegal in the semis; I think Man Utd it was were playing a match and a few of us lads were watching the Donegal match on one of the three screens in my local. The other 2 had the soccer; which is quite normal for that bar. But slap bang in the middle of the utd supporters were the committee of the university GAA football team, including 2 donegal men. I seriously have no time for people like that; they are up there with the people I really despise the most

1.Soccer GAA wannabes
2.Bankers
3.Right-Wingers
4. Dishonesty.......

I could be here for a while................. need to take a shower!

5 Sams

Quote from: theticklemister on July 30, 2012, 09:59:36 PM

That's another thing I hate;' GAA men' who would rather watch soccer of indeed the rugby over football or hurling. Take for example last year Dublin were against Donegal in the semis; I think Man Utd it was were playing a match and a few of us lads were watching the Donegal match on one of the three screens in my local. The other 2 had the soccer; which is quite normal for that bar. But slap bang in the middle of the utd supporters were the committee of the university GAA football team, including 2 donegal men. I seriously have no time for people like that; they are up there with the people I really despise the most

1.Soccer GAA wannabes
2.Bankers
3.Right-Wingers
4. Dishonesty.......

A lot of "Down fans" stayed at home to watch Man Utd in the champions league final last year when their county was playing Armagh in the 1st rd of the championship...not so much that it "grinds my gears"..it "sickens my hole"...same cnuts will be first in the queue for tickets if we progress this year.
The Aristocrat Years

theticklemister

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 30, 2012, 10:29:09 PM

1.Soccer GAA wannabes
2.Bankers
3.Right-Wingers
4. Dishonesty.......

A lot of "Down fans" stayed at home to watch Man Utd in the champions league final last year when their county was playing Armagh in the 1st rd of the championship...not so much that it "grinds my gears"..it "sickens my hole"...same cnuts will be first in the queue for tickets if we progress this year.

Derry v Donegal 2002, the match started during the Irish v Spain game. Mind it rightly me my da and my uncle left the bar and headed up the hill to Clones wile all the cnuts of the day stayed and watched it. Place was empty when game started.........if I had my way the gates to the ground would of been closed and they would been locked out.

saffron sam2

1.Soccer GAA wannabes
2.Bankers
3.Right-Wingers
4. Dishonesty.......

I happened to be in Newry that day and had two free tickets for the Armagh Down game in the Athletic Grounds. I literally couldn't give them away to any of the natives. Shocking it was.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

laoislad

Quote from: theticklemister on July 30, 2012, 10:48:01 PM

1.Soccer GAA wannabes
2.Bankers
3.Right-Wingers
4. Dishonesty.......

Derry v Donegal 2002, the match started during the Irish v Spain game. Mind it rightly me my da and my uncle left the bar and headed up the hill to Clones wile all the cnuts of the day stayed and watched it. Place was empty when game started.........if I had my way the gates to the ground would of been closed and they would been locked out.

Christ you're a great fella they should honour you as the greatest gael that has ever lived...  ::)
You are a far greater Irish man than any of those soccerball guys.

btw Ireland v Spain in the last 16 of the World Cup or a pulling and dragging Ulster football game....
Only one winner for me.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

theticklemister

Quote from: laoislad on July 31, 2012, 05:47:50 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on July 30, 2012, 10:48:01 PM

1.Soccer GAA wannabes
2.Bankers
3.Right-Wingers
4. Dishonesty.......

Christ you're a great fella they should honour you as the greatest gael that has ever lived...  ::)
You are a far greater Irish man than any of those soccerball guys.

btw Ireland v Spain in the last 16 of the World Cup or a pulling and dragging Ulster football game....
Only one winner for me.

There must be some kind of soccer discussion forum you can join and ye can discuss that sport all ye want.

Puckoon

Jesus I hate when the beer lady doesn't get to your fourball until the 8th hole. It's 34 degrees out here woman!

ziggy90

Quote from: Puckoon on August 01, 2012, 07:18:02 PM
Jesus I hate when the beer lady doesn't get to your fourball until the 8th hole. It's 34 degrees out here woman!

Who/what are these visions of Carlsberg paradise?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Puckoon

This would be slightly above average for Reno. A nice chest (!) full of beer, gatorade, miniature lickers etc...