You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Onion Bag on October 30, 2011, 08:24:31 PM
Frankie  Coccoza from the X Factor

The nights out on the piss, paid off this week for our Frankie. Got the profile up! Of course it was against the wishes of his mentor Gary!

Canalman

Nothing against him personally but that American guy's accent that commentates on the Brazilian football on Setanta does my head in.

Radda bout yeee

Franko

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on October 31, 2011, 11:34:37 AM
Umpires that refs bring with them!

As opposed to the 'impartial' spectator/club official who gets pulled from the crowd to do it?

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Franko on October 31, 2011, 11:40:46 AM

As opposed to the 'impartial' spectator/club official who gets pulled from the crowd to do it?

YES! I have had more experience with the refs own umpires getting it wrong than the average joe with a bit of sense in the crowd!

Franko

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on October 31, 2011, 11:47:18 AM
Quote from: Franko on October 31, 2011, 11:40:46 AM

YES! I have had more experience with the refs own umpires getting it wrong than the average joe with a bit of sense in the crowd!

You might find that a lot of the 'average joe with a bit of sense' types that you talk about will be some other referee's own umpires on a different day.

Eamonnca1

Product or business names based on the English pronunciation of R at the end of a word (i.e. leave it silent) transposed to Ireland or Scotland where it doesn't exist in the local accent. Examples:

Cadbury's Wispa

Er.... can't think of any more offhand...  :-\

But I'm sure there's more because I remember seeing it manys a time and having my gears well and truly ground by it.

Square Ball

Go Compare adds, they drive me up the walls >:(
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Square Ball on October 31, 2011, 09:30:58 PM

The trainline adverts are worse, really worse

Also, direct line adverts  >:(

HiMucker

People talking about Man United and Liverpool as "we" and "us"

The gilette add a while back were they blew the budget on getting Tiger woods, Henry and Roger the Fed express.  Didnt have anymore money left to produce a decent add!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Dettol No Touch Handwashing System: is the soap in this so useless that it can't rid you of the plague-inducing filth on the pump when you press down on it initially? Or are there individuals who touch the pump again after having washed their hands just for the heck of it?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

eddie d

people who laugh at everything in the cinema

Gaffer

Yes.

If a boyo jumped out suddenly in front of me and started to sing that song at the volume he does, he wouldn't be long

getting a box on the mouth.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

muppet

Quote from: Gaffer on November 06, 2011, 10:43:36 PM

Yes.

If a boyo jumped out suddenly in front of me and started to sing that song at the volume he does, he wouldn't be long getting a box on the mouth.

Nonsense, you'd throw yourself on the ground in front of him and look for a free.
MWWSI 2017