10 (16.9%)
Kerry
16 (27.1%)
Mayo
22 (37.3%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: August 23, 2014, 01:44:07 PM

Syferus

Kerry the more dangerous in attack but losing the middle very tamely so that's balancing it out. Warming up into a good game. Burns for Kerry standing out.

Captain Obvious

Some very nervy free taking from Donegal will have to improve if they are to win.

Mayo Mick

Donegal missing too many chances - they need to take every chance.

Interesting to see Kerry employ the same tactical fouling that works so well for them at senior level.

Kerry should win with a bit to spare.
If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

dublin7

Quote from: Mayo Mick on September 21, 2014, 02:11:27 PM
Donegal missing too many chances - they need to take every chance.

Interesting to see Kerry employ the same tactical fouling that works so well for them at senior level.

Kerry should win with a bit to spare.

The bitterness is stong in this one. Donegal not adverse to cynical fouling themselves. Donegal 5 should have gotten a black card for neck high tackle. Bad wides from Kerry keeping Donegal in touch

Mayo Mick

bitterness?? Explain

Kerry the better team just said if Donegal to have any chance they must take their limited chances.

As regards fouling i  just feel it is often not recognized how much tactical fouling is such a part of the Kerry approach at all levels.

Captain Obvious

Great comeback by Donegal were eight down Kerry look rattled.

dublin7

Quote from: Mayo Mick on September 21, 2014, 02:21:27 PM
bitterness?? Explain

Kerry the better team just said if Donegal to have any chance they must take their limited chances.

As regards fouling i  just feel it is often not recognized how much tactical fouling is such a part of the Kerry approach at all levels.

All senior teams employ cynical tactics, to single out kerry is the bitter part. Kerry kicking the game away. Some terrible wides in the 2nd half

Mayo Mick

Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 21, 2014, 02:25:42 PM
Great comeback by Donegal were eight down Kerry look rattled.

Think 6 was most they were behind.

Mayo Mick

Quote from: dublin7 on September 21, 2014, 02:28:39 PM
Quote from: Mayo Mick on September 21, 2014, 02:21:27 PM
bitterness?? Explain

All senior teams employ cynical tactics, to single out kerry is the bitter part. Kerry kicking the game away. Some terrible wides in the 2nd half

Sorry did not realize you did not know the meaning of bitter!!!

Captain Obvious

Well done to Kerry the twenty year wait for a minor All Ireland over. Hard luck Donegal a fine effort by them.

ONeill

Kerry deserved that.

Donegal started going for goals on 45 mins.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Wildweasel74

Hard to belive a county like Kerry has took 20yrs to win an all-ireland at this level, i remember the 94 team beating a particular good galway team

manfromdelmonte

Natural footballers will usually beat a system.
Donegal were very one dimensional
Kerry footpassing and showing for the ball was top notch

maybe an omen for the senior game

Syferus

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on September 21, 2014, 02:43:42 PM
Natural footballers will usually beat a system.
Donegal were very one dimensional
Kerry footpassing and showing for the ball was top notch

maybe an omen for the senior game

The best foot-passer on the field was the Donegal keeper. Destroyed Kerry in the middle. Didn't buy the system v 'natural' shite above. Kerry took their chances while Donegal created more - certainly in the 'danger zone' but had a bad conversion rate. That's all there was in what was quite a good game between two good teams.

Thought Burns was quietly excellent for Kerry.