Let’s cut to the chase-Sam 2014 is between Dublin, Kerry, Mayo. Rest also rans!

Started by Mayo Mick, April 27, 2014, 06:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southdown

O'Donoghue should be making Mayo fans worry, he is sheer class.

Mayo should still win.

Donegal will beat Armagh.

Dubs to beat Monaghan handy enough and will just about edge out Donegal and beat Mayo in the final.

Just my thoughts

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Mayo Mick

Quote from: Mayo Mick on August 05, 2014, 09:05:37 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 27, 2014, 06:15:04 PM
Sorry there is an error in your subject I think you accidentally included Kerry and Mayo.

;D

Well things pretty much on track as we get to the business end. Have not much time to look at this forum as the weather is too good this summer so don't know what sort of analysis is going on. Can't see any of the Ulster 3 lifting Sam and it is still between the 3 I forecast. If there is to be an upset then maybe Donegal or Monaghan could do a job on the Dubs - would not rule it out. If they were to then our own chances would increase significantly.

As for our own joust with Kerry I believe we will win. Saw enough last Sunday to show that Kerry are vulnerable and a lot of their scores last Sunday were got (as against Cork) when their players had acres of space. Don't see them getting anyone than 13/14 scores against us and provided we don't concede goals we should win by 4/5 points.

See above where I said if there was to be an upset Donegal or Monaghan could do a job on the Dubs.  Not on any edge but feel we have blown another AI - should have won last Sunday.
If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

Jell 0 Biafra

So Kerry V one of the "also rans" it is.

If Donegal win, I look forward to the threads about splitting the county.

armaghniac

Any county that takes more than an hour to drive across should be split.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Mayo Mick

Quote from: PAULD123 on April 28, 2014, 10:49:21 AM

MayoMick you are fooling yourself if you rate Kerry as a top challenger.

Kerry are a fading act and have been for two years now as players retire and the others start to show their age. The final straw is the loss of Gooch. Since 2009 Kerry have lost Kieran Donaghy, Tommy Walsh, Tadgh Kenneally, Darragh O'Se, Tomas O'Se, and Paul Galvin. They have been replaced by players that are not even close to their level (Peter Crowley, David Moran, Stephen O'Brien, Kieran O'Leary, Paul Geaney, James O'Donoghue, Daithí Casey) not to mention that Tommy Griffin is 36 and Marc O'Se is 34. 

You are also fooling yourself if you think Mayo's league performances should be discounted when assessing their AI chances, but one bad day at the office for Derry and you have written them off!!! You can't have it both ways.

And if your basis of judgement is that some teams peak when it comes to championship football then I notice that you have glaringly left Tyrone off you list. Didn't Tyrone beat Mayo by two clear goals this year already? Also after gifting Dublin three goals Tyrone dominated Dublin outscoring them 1-12 to 0-7 in the next 45 minutes. In fact if the referee hadn't denied Tyrone a clear last minute free kick on the 14 yard line, Dublin wouldn't be in the semi-finals at all. If there is a team that can peak for championships then it is Tyrone under Micky Harte

Took a bit of stick earlier this year when I put Kerry on a short list of 3 to win AI and a few on here sought to ridicule me. Still believe that they, ourselves and Dubs were the top 3 of 2014. We had no luck this year - if we got the breaks Kerry got then who knows?

Early prediction for 2015 - Kerry won't retain AI. Signing off now until league.
If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

macdanger2

Quote from: Mayo Mick on September 21, 2014, 09:39:03 PM
Quote from: PAULD123 on April 28, 2014, 10:49:21 AM

MayoMick you are fooling yourself if you rate Kerry as a top challenger.

Kerry are a fading act and have been for two years now as players retire and the others start to show their age. The final straw is the loss of Gooch. Since 2009 Kerry have lost Kieran Donaghy, Tommy Walsh, Tadgh Kenneally, Darragh O'Se, Tomas O'Se, and Paul Galvin. They have been replaced by players that are not even close to their level (Peter Crowley, David Moran, Stephen O'Brien, Kieran O'Leary, Paul Geaney, James O'Donoghue, Daithí Casey) not to mention that Tommy Griffin is 36 and Marc O'Se is 34. 

You are also fooling yourself if you think Mayo's league performances should be discounted when assessing their AI chances, but one bad day at the office for Derry and you have written them off!!! You can't have it both ways.

And if your basis of judgement is that some teams peak when it comes to championship football then I notice that you have glaringly left Tyrone off you list. Didn't Tyrone beat Mayo by two clear goals this year already? Also after gifting Dublin three goals Tyrone dominated Dublin outscoring them 1-12 to 0-7 in the next 45 minutes. In fact if the referee hadn't denied Tyrone a clear last minute free kick on the 14 yard line, Dublin wouldn't be in the semi-finals at all. If there is a team that can peak for championships then it is Tyrone under Micky Harte

Took a bit of stick earlier this year when I put Kerry on a short list of 3 to win AI and a few on here sought to ridicule me. Still believe that they, ourselves and Dubs were the top 3 of 2014. We had no luck this year - if we got the breaks Kerry got then who knows?

Early prediction for 2015 - Kerry won't retain AI. Signing off now until league.

Fair play Mick.

I agree kerry aren't good enough to retain Sam. Dubs will be there next year I reckon.