Will you be cheering for NI tonight?

Started by deiseach, November 21, 2007, 03:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you be cheering for NI tonight?

Yes
No

Bogball XV

I would, but I've backed Spain, in addition, they've got no chance of qualifying anyway, or to look at it in bookies terms, it's a 100/1 shot that both themselves and Latvia win tonight - those bad results in September fcuked them.  Fair play to them anyway for making it this far.

red hander

'Bet Black Jack will be creaming himself tonight.'

I hear they're still mopping the commentary box out in Windsor after the shenanigans involving him and John O'Neill on Saturday night

Gabriel_Hurl

All the best to them tonight - it's unlikely they'll qualify

but you never know

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: red hander on November 21, 2007, 03:43:27 PM
'How many times will we hear "that night in 1982" tonight?'

Has anyone ever sustained a career (transfer to Spain, never off the TV talking shite, wife that's young enough to be his grand-daughter) like Gerry Armstrong has because of one appaling mistake by a goalkeeper 25 years ago?

:D :D :D

Balboa

Ah yes the boul Gerry Armstrong, Beechmounts finest.

Evil Genius

Quote from: red hander on November 21, 2007, 03:33:31 PM
I voted no so Evil Genius could feel smug that everything he obviously believes about bitter nationalists in the occupied six counties is true  ;)

What on earth makes you think that I base my opinion of Nationalists ("bitter" or otherwise) on what you post on this Message Board?

I mean, where have I ever indicated that I consider them all to be prats, with an inflated sense of their own significance?  ::)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

ziggysego

Quote from: Evil Genius on November 21, 2007, 04:23:54 PM
Quote from: red hander on November 21, 2007, 03:33:31 PM
I voted no so Evil Genius could feel smug that everything he obviously believes about bitter nationalists in the occupied six counties is true  ;)

What on earth makes you think that I base my opinion of Nationalists ("bitter" or otherwise) on what you post on this Message Board?

I mean, where have I ever indicated that I consider them all to be prats, with an inflated sense of their own significance?  ::)

No, that would be erm..... evil  8)
Testing Accessibility

T Fearon

Sorry, I will most defintely be cheering for Espagna on the grounds that

The IFA team makes no attempt to garner my support whatsoever

Life in the 6 counties would be unbearable if they ever qualified for anything. Look at the hype now ffs.

I am surprised by the amount of Gaels on this thread even extending good wishes. This would certainly not be reciprocated by anyone on OWC if the real Ireland team was in contention for qualification

gerrykeegan

Are you joking me? After last weekend!

Bet Receipt No. : O/20055296/0000749

Selection Selection Details Result
1 Football Matches Win
  Euro 2008 Qualifiers
  Wales v Ireland
  17th of November 2007 3:00pm
  Win-Draw-Win 
  Draw @ 11 - 5   

2 Football Matches Win
  Euro 2008 Qualifiers
  Scotland v Italy
  17th of November 2007 5:00pm
  Win-Draw-Win 
  Italy @ 11 - 10   

3 Football Matches Win
  Euro 2008 Qualifiers
  Israel v Russia
  17th of November 2007 6:00pm
  Win-Draw-Win 
  Israel @ 5 - 1   

4 Football Matches Pending
  Euro 2008 Qualifiers
  Northern Ireland v Denmark
  17th of November 2007 7:45pm
  Win-Draw-Win 
  Draw @ 23 - 10   
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on November 21, 2007, 04:28:07 PM
I am surprised by the amount of Gaels on this thread even extending good wishes. This would certainly not be reciprocated by anyone on OWC if the real Ireland team was in contention for qualification

So how's about being the bigger man then?

Gabriel_Hurl

to be fair - you'll not find much bigger than Tone

Zapatista

I rather see England (not that I want to see England win) win than either of the two domestic teams. I hate being in a position like that so I usually just tell everyone i'm indifferent to the whole thing.

I voted no as I won't be cheering for anyone.

T Fearon

I like to see England qualifying myself. Finals are just not the same without them

Five Times you have hit the nail on the head. In all my visits to Windsor Park I never felt the team in green were representing me and hence I had no affinity with them.

By the way I attended my first real Ireland game in March 1977, when Ireland (with Giles, Brady, Heighway, Mulligan, O'Leary, Ray Treacy etc) beat France (Platini,Rocheteau, Janvion etc) 1-0 in a World Cup qualifier, a full 9 years before the Charlton era began

full back

Quote from: T Fearon on November 21, 2007, 04:58:26 PM
Five Times you have hit the nail on the head. In all my visits to Windsor Park I never felt the team in green were representing me and hence I had no affinity with them.

Then why the fcuk did you go?

pearses