Ulster GAA Man Of The Year

Started by saffron sam2, November 16, 2007, 10:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffron sam2

Despite (or maybe because of) my aberration on the Ulster Club thread, an unnamed poster has asked me to write an article for the magazine that he edits.  The article will appear in the end of year annual and will decide on the Ulster GAA man (or woman) of the year.  Among the many problems is one fairly serious one. I haven't a clue who to pick and the deadline is Wednesday. Otherwise I will probably get a detention.

Any ideas? Any that I do use will be fully credited in the article, probably. You can buy the annual if you require proof.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Balboa

What about Oisin Mc Conville for his services to Barney Eastwoods retirement fund.

gaagaa

martin mullan from glenullin, co derry

peter quinn, fermanagh - what a legacy he has left behind him

ziggysego

Former GAA President Sean Kelly  :D

EDIT: Actually, I should be serious here. Tony Scullion.
Testing Accessibility

gaagaa

Quote from: ziggysego on November 16, 2007, 10:34:43 PM

fair point - tony is a real gent and an asset to the gaa

saffron sam2

Quote from: gaagaa on November 16, 2007, 10:42:48 PM

I'm confused, sure he didn't even make the Antrim team this year and Cargin winning the Antrim league isn't grounds for a nomination.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

ziggysego

Quote from: saffron sam2 on November 16, 2007, 10:45:02 PM
Quote from: gaagaa on November 16, 2007, 10:42:48 PM

I'm confused, sure he didn't even make the Antrim team this year and Cargin winning the Antrim league isn't grounds for a nomination.

You should have said Ulster GAA Club Man of the Year then ;)
Testing Accessibility

Cloc Mor

My perception of a Clubman of the Year would not be a player.  What is the exact title of the award?

ONeill

TYP must be in the running with so many gongs residing in his institution under his stewardship.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gaagaa

tony scullion from derry - the coach

Tyrone Dreamer

Tony Fearon must be a shoe in here. I think he even took the time to go and watch a club championship game in Armagh this year.

orangeman

Seriuosly lads- it has to be Brian Mc Eniff who has retired after 24 years in charge of Ulster ( and a lot of other teams in between ) -

Respect !

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: orangeman on November 17, 2007, 10:43:20 AM
Seriuosly lads- it has to be Brian Mc Eniff who has retired after 24 years in charge of Ulster ( and a lot of other teams in between ) -

Respect !

sure is not that wee man who opens all the changing rooms, puts the flags out on the pitch, carries the water, stays to the very end of the meeting to lock up the club, ye know the one that is the bed rock of our association and will walk away from all that responsability when the GPA get their way on these government payments, resulting in the end of all our clubs as we know it ::)

Kerry Mike

Kieran Donaghy has a wee bit of Ulster blood in him and scored two "amazing" goals in the All Ireland Senior final while his presence made the goal against Monaghan, so he should be a deserving winner of this award, No other "Ulster" man has achieved so much at such a high level on the field of play all year. :P
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

ziggysego

The Greencastle team, Tyrone Vocational team and CBS team might disagree with you there KerryMike.
Testing Accessibility