Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser soze

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 22, 2019, 10:50:27 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on August 22, 2019, 11:32:12 AM
Quote from: Keyser soze on August 22, 2019, 11:16:55 AM
Ole pandering to Pogba's ego, which comes before the good of the team as ever. Weak management.

Everything that he is about and is trying to create is far from weak. It was an on field call by a player more than capable of scoring. He missed but because it is Pogba it is massive news.

It will have been sorted and dont see us even talking about this as the season goes on.

Agree completely. Of course it might not work out but I like the direction he's trying to go. It's a difficult job.

A difficult job, you don't say, who would have thought it??

I like Ole, and I hope he succeeds, and he hasn't done too badly so far. But in this instance he clearly was weak so why defend him when it is obvious he is in the wrong. Fergie sold players for lesser offences!

Boycey

Right enough I remember the time Fergie sold Cantona for karate kicking that guy in the crowd...

TabClear

Quote from: Boycey on August 23, 2019, 11:28:41 AM
Right enough I remember the time Fergie sold Cantona for karate kicking that guy in the crowd...

And when he let Rio go because he "forgot" about his drugs test.

Bottom line is that managers will all make allowances for their best players. Same with Suarez at Liverpool, Neymar at PSG, Ramos at RM etc. Ole was never going to come out and blame Pogba. Its already been covered that he should have determined who was the designated penalty taker (you cant have two) and that the alternative taker should only be taking it if the first choice did not fancy it. If Ole did not make it clear who is number 1 then its his mistake, not Pogba's.

Storm in a tea cup

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Keyser soze on August 23, 2019, 10:10:22 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on August 22, 2019, 10:50:27 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on August 22, 2019, 11:32:12 AM
Quote from: Keyser soze on August 22, 2019, 11:16:55 AM
Ole pandering to Pogba's ego, which comes before the good of the team as ever. Weak management.

Everything that he is about and is trying to create is far from weak. It was an on field call by a player more than capable of scoring. He missed but because it is Pogba it is massive news.

It will have been sorted and dont see us even talking about this as the season goes on.

Agree completely. Of course it might not work out but I like the direction he's trying to go. It's a difficult job.

A difficult job, you don't say, who would have thought it??

I like Ole, and I hope he succeeds, and he hasn't done too badly so far. But in this instance he clearly was weak so why defend him when it is obvious he is in the wrong. Fergie sold players for lesser offences!
http://en.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/170970.html and Nani wasn't sold for a few years after that incident.

screenexile

Old Trafford emptying very early... home fans probably want to get an earlier train back to London!!

nrico2006

Solskjaer won't last long by the look of things. This is what you get for selling your top scorer and not replacing him, even though if Lukaku was kept there was still the need to buy a striker as there was no goals in the team last year or the year before. So instead of adding to a misfiring strike force, he just takes from it and makes it weaker.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Cunny Funt

The lack of leaders in that United team was clear to see again. Totally clueless how to break down any organised defence with little or no creativity in the middle of the park. lindelof,DeGea poor on the Palace goals and another missed penalty Rashford this time.

under the bar

V frustrating game to watch.  Palace scored with their first attack but both Lindelof and Maguire were hopelessly at fault for it.  We had 70% possession but at 1-0 down Palace dug in round the box and noone had the guile. Why Mata wasn't on earlier I'll never know?  James was promising and the ref rode him with a booking for a dive that was a clear foul.

When we eventually get the breakthrough through a sublime goal by James sloppy defending  allows Palace to score again at the death with only their 3rd meaningful attack of the game. De Gea should have saved it tho.  Better football than under Jose but results are what matter most.

nrico2006

Plus we got rid of 2 midfielder's and replaced none when it was obvious that the midfield we had before the departures had zero creativity so I don't know how an improvement is expected when we have regressed in that sector, as we have in the forwards too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Farrandeelin

Time to sack Ole and get a 'bounce' from a new manager. Continue this for every 4 or 5 games until the players start to play shit again and bang, 'bounce' our way to the league title.  ;D :-X
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

Last time Palace beat Man Utd in OT was 1989. That was just before Ferguson started winning stuff , I think. Afterwards Man Utd had an aura. It's hard to beat a team with an aura. It's easy to beat Man United now.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

under the bar

Ole is right in that United needed more shots to test the keeper given their dominance but the ref/VAR rode them out the door.  Cahill should have been a straight red for a cynical pull-down when last man, at least one other clear peno with Martial and Zaha took Pogba out when on a yellow in the build up to Uniteds goal so should not have been on the field to make the winner. 

magpie seanie

I'd love to know how many posters actually watched some of the game. Not many I'd bet. United were shocking unlucky today. They doidn't play badly, missed a penalty (how many times do you see a penalty hit the insdie of the post and go wide the far side???), got rode by the ref/VAR on a certain red card, another penalty and James booking as mentioned (missed the Zaha incident myself). Maguire was out of position slighlty for the first goal covering Shaw as Shaw was hobbling trying to run off an injury (came straight off when goals was scored) and DeGea had a howler for their second. Yes, should be doing more with the possession but United clearly deserved to win this game and were just unfortunate. Freakish circumstances. Very disappointing but no need to lose the head.

Needs to stop playing Lingard. And in home games where you have a lot of possession Mata needs to play.

Rich Ricci

The failure to replace Lukaku was clear to be seen, chasing a game and all Solskjaer has to turn to a 17 year old with very little experience. Think Utd will struggle even more when the games come thick and fast as that squad is paper thin when it comes to attacking options.

IMO we can't afford to sell Sanchez

Tony Baloney

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 24, 2019, 11:46:14 PM
I'd love to know how many posters actually watched some of the game. Not many I'd bet. United were shocking unlucky today. They doidn't play badly, missed a penalty (how many times do you see a penalty hit the insdie of the post and go wide the far side???), got rode by the ref/VAR on a certain red card, another penalty and James booking as mentioned (missed the Zaha incident myself). Maguire was out of position slighlty for the first goal covering Shaw as Shaw was hobbling trying to run off an injury (came straight off when goals was scored) and DeGea had a howler for their second. Yes, should be doing more with the possession but United clearly deserved to win this game and were just unfortunate. Freakish circumstances. Very disappointing but no need to lose the head.

Needs to stop playing Lingard. And in home games where you have a lot of possession Mata needs to play.
So they conceded 2 goals due to poor defending and poor goalkeeping. Carry on.  ;D