Tayto Park

Started by nrico2006, August 10, 2019, 08:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Haven't been in 4 years and when last there I didn't buy wristbands due to children being 6 and 2. How do they work again and are they worth getting?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

t_mac

Went last year, wristbands are great but my kids two teenagers and 9, so they hopped on and off all the rides, not sure how much value you would get with very young kids like yours, when mine was very young we did the free parks and zoo etc. http://www.taytopark.ie/theme-park  that shows rides and if you change height shows what you can get on.

t_mac

In saying that I had no wristband and they begged me to go on the roller-coaster and was a queuing session for tokens, I only went on it once mind you.  :o

t_mac

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 10, 2019, 08:57:37 AM
Haven't been in 4 years and when last there I didn't buy wristbands due to children being 6 and 2. How do they work again and are they worth getting?

Misread if they are now 10 and 6, wristbands are way to go.

lurganblue

Was there in July. Wristbands are the way to go surely. Unless of course you aren't planning on getting on anything. That's my 3rd time there and I must say that I noticed a big increase in queueing times this year. Long waits for the Viking splash and for the zip line. Some of the rides for the younger kids were also quite a long wait. No problem with the roller coaster.

nrico2006

What do the wristbands get you? How much are they?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

t_mac

33.50 for entry and wristband. Unlimited rides on most things for the day.

nrico2006

Quote from: t_mac on August 10, 2019, 12:19:08 PM

Thanks. Are the wristbands simply acting like a fastpass or are there rides that a standard entry fee doesn't get you on?

Don Johnson

Going tomorrow for the first time. It was 18 entry and 33 if you added the wristband, so 15 extra. Download the map here: http://www.taytopark.ie/uploads/inner_page/Map_2019.pdf

And look at the tokens for each ride, all 2 at least, some of them even 4 or 5 a go (Circus, world of raptos, the cinema). So it is well worth the extra I think for us, especially if our wee one wants to go back on the same ride a few times in a row.

t_mac

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 10, 2019, 01:48:01 PM
Quote from: t_mac on August 10, 2019, 12:19:08 PM

Thanks. Are the wristbands simply acting like a fastpass or are there rides that a standard entry fee doesn't get you on?

If you just pay in, apart from the zoo and play park you pay for everything else as Don says anything from 2 to 5 euro a go.

nrico2006

Is there a big queue in first thing? If so, does booking online speed your entry up?

t_mac

We arrived about 10.30 last year. Payed on day no queues whatsoever.

nrico2006

Thanks for your help lads.

Don Johnson

Went yesterday from about 11.30am to 5pm (left early because we had dinner booked), definitely got the value from the wristbands. Was impressed with it, our wee one loved it, already asking to get back.

If we were going back again we would leave earlier to get down for opening and make a full day of it. We didn't get doing it all in the time we were there. Good spot.

t_mac

Were you tortured by the wasps at the picnic spots - gits were in force last year!