GAA doing a deal with SkySports

Started by thejuice, March 27, 2014, 02:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: Sidney on June 07, 2014, 10:36:37 PM
I find Rachel Wyse's accent tremendously sexy - probably due to something in my subconscious about hearing a lot of similar accents at the Wesley disco, which I frequented in my teens, a long time ago.

There's help for that sort of thing.

thebandit

Quote from: Kidder81 on June 07, 2014, 07:24:17 PM
Quote from: thebandit on June 07, 2014, 07:19:15 PM
Brolly's tweet wasn't that far wrong....

What was that ?

SKY = BBC + Baywatch Babe

Although in fairness, Rachel Wyse was decent

Sidney

Quote from: orangeman on June 07, 2014, 10:49:29 PM
Quote from: Sidney on June 07, 2014, 10:36:37 PM
I find Rachel Wyse's accent tremendously sexy - probably due to something in my subconscious about hearing a lot of similar accents at the Wesley disco, which I frequented in my teens, a long time ago.

There's help for that sort of thing.
Yeah, a bit of toilet roll.

Jinxy

Mike Kay @micky220406
Follow

Just watched 5 mins of Hurling, WTF is going on there's a GK but they keep smashing it over the bar how the f**k does he save that?
7:26 PM - 7 Jun 2014

;D

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Jinxy on June 07, 2014, 11:31:43 PM
Mike Kay @micky220406
Follow

Just watched 5 mins of Hurling, WTF is going on there's a GK but they keep smashing it over the bar how the f**k does he save that?

;D

See what I mean?

Hotshot Hamish

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 07, 2014, 08:54:37 PM
A bloke from Islington on Twitter commented that Kilkenny may be the first hurling team to declare.
I'm a bit slow tonight lads. I don't get this??

Sidney

Quote from: hardstation on June 07, 2014, 11:53:43 PM
Quote from: Hotshot Hamish on June 07, 2014, 11:51:17 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on June 07, 2014, 08:54:37 PM
A bloke from Islington on Twitter commented that Kilkenny may be the first hurling team to declare.
I'm a bit slow tonight lads. I don't get this??
Cricket. A team declares (stops batting) when they know they've won.
Has to be said that Offaly made a solid start on 18/1 in reply to Kilkenny's 32/5.

Wildweasel74

rrhf

Well done Rachel and Co.   As a starter I think they performed well and presentation attitudes were to promote not to denigrate. Rte Spillane brolly and all are too negative in their demeanour and I do feel they are last years boys.  Are they Finished. Who knows what way they will change.  These new  guys are better at showing our games in a positive way.

Captain Scarlet

That's the main difference in Sky they call it selling the product. On this case it's hurling so instead of banging on how bad Offaly were they focused more on Kilkenny and their awesome skill.
To be honest RTE football panel need to cop on a bit it's always a shite match with to much x, y and z.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Hardy

I have to agree with those two posts. The two lads in the studio were super-articulate as well, though as someone alluded to, I doubt if any British viewers picked up more than 40% of their 100 mph delivery.

rrhf

Even the rte start today showed they have been ordered to pull their socks up.  Lester was focused but pleasant as he opened up proceedings with a smile. Spillane and brolly were direct and well prepared and o rourke had a role as well. Video intro was good.  So sky is forcing the rte producers to clamp down and organise their presentation.

LeoMc

Quote from: hardstation on June 08, 2014, 12:01:06 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 07, 2014, 11:42:56 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 07, 2014, 11:31:43 PM
Mike Kay @micky220406
Follow

;D

See what I mean?
In a game that gave us 6 goals (3 pointers) + an Offaly 'keeper who made some great saves, one of which he threw himself at and getting hit full pelt in the chest it is a bit of a stupid tweet.
"There's no point in a goalkeeper".

Actually, I see he only watched 5 minutes. Hardly gave it a chance.

He also said it was a bit tongue in cheek.

macdanger2

Quote from: rrhf on June 08, 2014, 01:53:09 PM
Even the rte start today showed they have been ordered to pull their socks up.  Lester was focused but pleasant as he opened up proceedings with a smile. Spillane and brolly were direct and well prepared and o rourke had a role as well. Video intro was good.  So sky is forcing the rte producers to clamp down and organise their presentation.

Brolly must have hit the wine at halftime or something

StGallsGAA

QuoteEven the rte start today showed they have been ordered to pull their socks up.  Lester was focused but pleasant as he opened up proceedings with a smile. Spillane and brolly were direct and well prepared and o rourke had a role as well. Video intro was good.  So sky is forcing the rte producers to clamp down and organise their presentation.

They can clamp down all they like but you can't polish turds into diamonds.  Employ gombeens and you get what you deserve.