American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossie11

Watching them last night Colston and Shockey are nowhere near match fit.
Still we should see more points than last year!!

turk

We have Mike Karney to look forward to - he's Irish!!

AZOffaly

Quote from: Rossie11 on October 20, 2008, 10:30:34 AM
Watching them last night Colston and Shockey are nowhere near match fit.
Still we should see more points than last year!!

Yesterday's game was their first for a few weeks. They should be a bit better next weekend. I think this could be a good offensive game. A direct contrast with 13-10 last year. Added spice in that whoever loses the game will be 3-5, and in a big hole. 4-4 will still feel good.

thejuice

I've never rated Jeremy Shockey highly, he is very prone to losing the ball. Giants are doing much better with Kevin Boss,
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Gabriel_Hurl

How about them Tampa Bay Rays??

From worst team in the league last season to playing in the World Series this year

AZOffaly

And all since they dropped the 'Devil' from their name. Allelujah brother!

heganboy

aw did the red sox lose?
that's a real pity

;D
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Puckoon

Watched my first baseball game last night and quite enjoyed it, even if its a terrible sport.

Dissapointed the red sox lost.

The Iceman

could never get into the baseball - find it very boring

love the NFL though and watch it all weekend - makes monday nights a bit easier too

very intrigued by the NFC east this year - none of the supposed "in form" teams are doing anything worth talking about
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

magickingdom

Quote from: Puckoon on October 20, 2008, 04:29:08 PM
Watched my first baseball game last night and quite enjoyed it, even if its a terrible sport.

Dissapointed the red sox lost.

dont know what you've been missing puck!! great game

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: The Iceman on October 20, 2008, 05:22:23 PMvery intrigued by the NFC east this year - none of the supposed "in form" teams are doing anything worth talking about

only the Giants  ;D

The Iceman

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 21, 2008, 01:40:43 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on October 20, 2008, 05:22:23 PMvery intrigued by the NFC east this year - none of the supposed "in form" teams are doing anything worth talking about

only the Giants  ;D

I'm a Giants fan now by association - my wife is from Long Island originally.
I like to think they won last year because I was "rooting" for them (that never sounds right does it?)
I can't see the giants winning again this year - they win but they don't look good in doing so.  They aren't the team they were last year and I see a shock winner of the Superbowl this year
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

heganboy

I think the giants would qualify as a shock win
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Rossie11

Giants are currently favs
6/1

Pittsburgh 13/2
Titans 8/1
Chargers 10/1 (crazy should be at 20s)
Skins 11/1
Dallas Colts Eagles 14/1

thejuice

49ers have fired Mike Nolan, I really thought they were going to turn it around with JT O'Sullivan but it hasn't happened.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016