Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bob

Quote from: charlieTully on March 02, 2021, 09:19:48 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on March 02, 2021, 08:03:21 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on March 02, 2021, 07:28:27 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on March 02, 2021, 07:09:47 PM
Was in school today supervising key workers children. There were two from 1 family due to stay until 2pm. There were 3 staff on duty supervising the learning of these children as they are meant  to do. Of course social distancing out the window you are dealing with 5 & 7 year olds.
Part time office staff member arrives in for work and reports that she saw the parents of these two children were out for a run . This was at 11am this morning . She sees them on a regular basis doing this!
Talk about taking the p***.

Keyworkers not allowed to run?

The whole point of school stuff supervising key workers children is that it leave those key workers free to do their key work is it not ? they are not key workers if they are running the roads

You know their shift pattern?
I don't know if they have a shift pattern , you seem to know though!,
I do know that the whole point of sending their children to school is that they are supposed to be freed up to do their 'key ' work.   Otherwise why are they sending their children to school ?

Jim Bob

Quote from: Kidder81 on March 02, 2021, 09:21:16 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on March 02, 2021, 09:19:48 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on March 02, 2021, 08:03:21 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on March 02, 2021, 07:28:27 PM
Was in school today supervising key workers children. There were two from 1 family due to stay until 2pm. There were 3 staff on duty supervising the learning of these children as they are meant  to do. Of course social distancing out the window you are dealing with 5 & 7 year olds.
Part time office staff member arrives in for work and reports that she saw the parents of these two children were out for a run . This was at 11am this morning . She sees them on a regular basis doing this!

Keyworkers not allowed to run?

The whole point of school stuff supervising key workers children is that it leave those key workers free to do their key work is it not ? they are not key workers if they are running the roads

You know their shift pattern?

I would say this MI5 operative working PT in Jim's school does

You not going to bother backing up your statement?

trailer

Primary Schools are like mini police states. Principal at the top, not working or taking class but directing operations, usually holidays and agitating at all times to shut the school. Then you will have a cohort of women teachers. Gossiping. Then one fella teacher, P7. Timid. Does what he's told. Has no say at home or at work. Wife keeps his balls in a jar. Takes the football team - hasn't a notion. Then the secret police or secretary, embedded in the community, reporting all the movements and gossip back to the group. Who's a key worker and who isn't. Who is running around the town. The movements of so 'n so. It's like North Korea ffs.

quit yo jibbajabba

Theres a fair bit of that not far off the truth Trailer 😃

JimStynes

Quote from: trailer on March 03, 2021, 09:14:25 AM
Primary Schools are like mini police states. Principal at the top, not working or taking class but directing operations, usually holidays and agitating at all times to shut the school. Then you will have a cohort of women teachers. Gossiping. Then one fella teacher, P7. Timid. Does what he's told. Has no say at home or at work. Wife keeps his balls in a jar. Takes the football team - hasn't a notion. Then the secret police or secretary, embedded in the community, reporting all the movements and gossip back to the group. Who's a key worker and who isn't. Who is running around the town. The movements of so 'n so. It's like North Korea ffs.

Don't worry, the ones who tell us all are the children. Nothing is secret in your house trailer!

trailer

Quote from: JimStynes on March 03, 2021, 09:30:31 AM

Don't worry, the ones who tell us all are the children. Nothing is secret in your house trailer!

Lol.

Jim Bob

Oh aye. Niall Morgan, Niall Sludden, Aidan Forker, Justy McMahon, Stevie O Neill all timid lads indeed. No clue about GAA either.....

BennyHarp

I'm a teacher myself but in a sixth form college. I send my kids into school as I couldn't teach my lessons with them in the house. I've a few free periods during the week when i go for a run, the rest of the day I'm streaming live lessons. I make no apologies for that. From my 20 odd years teaching i am convinced that there is no profession that moans / gossips as much. The staff room can be a depressing place at times listening to it so its a place i tend to avoid, you should probably do similar - its better for your mental health. Maybe go for a run at lunch time instead.
That was never a square ball!!

Kidder81

BennyHarp for the win........

Jim Bob

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 03, 2021, 07:19:14 PM

I'm a teacher myself but in a sixth form college. I send my kids into school as I couldn't teach my lessons with them in the house. I've a few free periods during the week when i go for a run, the rest of the day I'm streaming live lessons. I make no apologies for that. From my 20 odd years teaching i am convinced that there is no profession that moans / gossips as much. The staff room can be a depressing place at times listening to it so its a place i tend to avoid, you should probably do similar - its better for your mental health. Maybe go for a run at lunch time instead.

Going by that you are probably thought of as an oddball in your staff...no offence mate

quit yo jibbajabba

Aye Benny fcuk yer mental health go sit with the rest and gossip unless theyll talk about you too. Go with the crowd mate thats what the cool kids do

BennyHarp

Quote from: Jim Bob on March 03, 2021, 07:28:09 PM

Going by that you are probably thought of as an oddball in your staff...no offence mate

Aye, probably. Really doesn't bother me though. That comment does say a lot about your staff room though.

Jim Bob

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 03, 2021, 07:34:38 PM

Aye, probably. Really doesn't bother me though. That comment does say a lot about your staff room though.

Naw ..never mentioned my staffrooom😀😀 you mentioned yours though ....mustn't be a good one...

BennyHarp

Quote from: Jim Bob on March 03, 2021, 08:00:38 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on March 03, 2021, 07:34:38 PM

Naw ..never mentioned my staffrooom😀😀 you mentioned yours though ....mustn't be a good one...

You gave an insight into the culture at your place and how people who don't go and mix in the staff room are viewed. It was interesting and perfectly emphasised the point I was trying to make.

ONeill

Staffroom Wars!!! Hell Yeah.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.