Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

Game confirmed for Newry as a double header with the camogie
hurl like f**k boi!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Dunloy realist on November 05, 2019, 10:06:39 AM

Some trek there for supporters compared to Celtic Park. But decent pitch.

saffman

Dunloy by 4
St endas by 6
Newry by 2

All 3 games i feel could go either way but fancy a much more mature dunloy team to makes amends for 2 years ago. St Endas seem to have stagnated in Ulster but feel they'll produce the goods and overcome a team theyve already beaten twice this year. Eoghan Ruadh of Coleraine I feel have had easy passage to the final therefore backing Newry to cause an upset

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 04, 2019, 01:17:31 PM
Quote from: marty34 on November 04, 2019, 11:50:47 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on November 04, 2019, 09:45:36 AM
i was surprised it went to Armagh as they didnt want the game. it had been rumoured that it was for Omagh as a double header with the Intermediate final before hand.

but the camogie ones had their final set for the same day so id say it made sense for the Sneill club than making their supporters go on two different days.

that being said its a joke of a set up in the camogie. the Antrim camogie final was over a month ago yet Lgiel have to wait till now to play a final. the game should of been played weeks ago as a stand along fixture rather than waiting till now.

I agree re: camogie.  Too long to wait as the weather and pitches get worse.  I understand that they'd want to play before a good crowd also but as you say, a stand alone fixture a few weeks ago would gather a good crowd.

My take is Dunloy won Antrim 'too early' a few years ago if you understand - very young team but won it unexpectedly in my opinion.  This year, they are ready - the young lads are physically stronger and more experienced.  Shorty is still a star around the middle.

I'm sticking my head out....and going for a draw....then extra-time. Could be penalties!!

Final goes to replay.... The game will be a lot tighter for both teams thats for sure.. The camogie game should also be a goodin, have seen Sneil and they are pretty decent team

Game to be finished on day.

johnnycool

Fine feed in the Canal Court after the game.

Dan Gillan swears by it  ;D

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: johnnycool on November 05, 2019, 11:19:28 AM

Fine feed in the Canal Court after the game.

Dan Gillan swears by it  ;D

lol i said to the girlfriend 'match is in Newry, were eating after the game in the Canal Court!'  ;D
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

Na Glinntí Glasa

lol thats taken as a given now
hurl like f**k boi!

Antrim Coaster

Whats the craic with parking around Pairc Esler?

Any advice from any of the Down / Armagh / Newry residents?

paddyjohn

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on November 05, 2019, 02:53:11 PM

Probably best to park in the town and walk down as traffic getting away can be an nightmare. Public car park across the road from the front of the Buttercrane shopping centre would probably be your best bet and then a 5-10 walk down.

This is what i was told on the Down board

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on November 05, 2019, 02:53:11 PM

When we played there I parked in Greenbank. When I left I drove out the old warrenpoint road then left up onto chapel street and away.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

ciaran1988

Is there any pitch inspection planned for Newry tomorrow

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: ciaran1988 on November 09, 2019, 05:34:50 PM
Is there any pitch inspection planned for Newry tomorrow

945 tomorrow.

ciaran1988

At least it's early, not like the Intermediate final when fans and teams would have been at Owenbeg already

Baile an tuaigh

Dunloy are in trouble a man and four points down.