Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxpower

Sat 11th - bring it forward 1 day
What happens next????

Tyrdub

Quote from: maxpower on September 08, 2021, 01:19:04 PM
Sat 11th - bring it forward 1 day

I'm all for everyone getting the opportunity to support the camogie team, I fully endorse the statement by Loughiel, and don't want anyone to think I'm anti-camogie, but is there not a bye-law or rule which says you have to be notified 7 days in advance of a championship game? and this includes changing dates of matches? i might be wrong here but that might be why it just can't be changed on a whim????

maxpower

Pretty sure there was a bye law that prevented the chairman from entering the field of play to stop a championship game going to free kicks - but common sense prevailed
What happens next????

Tyrdub

Quote from: maxpower on September 08, 2021, 02:14:35 PM
Pretty sure there was a bye law that prevented the chairman from entering the field of play to stop a championship game going to free kicks - but common sense prevailed

Yep, I'll bow to that one

Milltown Row2

under lights at Portglenone!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

7.30pm on Sunday at Portglenone under lights.

Players still can't go to Dublin.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 08, 2021, 02:55:41 PM

Would you want your players heading down anyways? I'd prefer them relaxing at home preparing for a knockout game. That's just me if I was looking after a team
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2021, 02:59:43 PM

Would you want your players heading down anyways? I'd prefer them relaxing at home preparing for a knockout game. That's just me if I was looking after a team

Ah I agree with you, but surely James McNaughton would like to see his sister playing on Croke Park?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 08, 2021, 03:04:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2021, 02:59:43 PM

Ah I agree with you, but surely James McNaughton would like to see his sister playing on Croke Park?

All day long, I'd be raging in fairness.. these dates were known though and the planning is what it is, will make for a decent game ... might head over after mine

saffman

Quote from: maxpower on September 08, 2021, 01:08:11 PM
Quote from: saffman on September 08, 2021, 12:28:44 PM
Surely supporters can already make both games.

Camogie over at 3.

Leaves 2.5 - hours to get to din silly.....

Great idea. Sure the girls can just swap ends at half time and not worry about actually taking a 15 minute break or indeed water breaks.  Supporters can pay into the event but walk out immediately after the game, forget the presentation or even the main sporting event they have purchased a ticket for.

If they park inside the grounds, don't stop for anything to eat  and race up the roads at dangerous speeds they could absolutely take both games in

No idea what all the fuss is about

1.30 throw in. Over at 2.30.

Allowed 30 mins for half time/ presentations.

Leaves 2hrs 30 for a 2 hr journey.

No need for the smart reply

That being said game now moved back to 7.30 so shouldn't be any issues. I 100% agree with this in allowing those to attend both games being able to do so.

Regards specific players, county hurling and camogie games clash regularly it's part and parcel. I'm sure they understand it is what it is. Funny how said players aren't the ones making any noise but rather head down concentrating on the job at hand.

breakingball

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2021, 02:54:32 PM

This is worse than the original fixture. Hurling under lights is not the answer.

Should have been played Saturday 2pm.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: breakingball on September 08, 2021, 09:29:34 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 08, 2021, 02:54:32 PM

This is worse than the original fixture. Hurling under lights is not the answer.

Should have been played Saturday 2pm.

Yeah that sounds better

Sportacus

I don't seem to be able to read the comments and suggestions on the Antrim social media pages on FB and Twitter.  Anyone else having the same problem?
Personally I think the proposed solution isn't a solution at all.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Sportacus on September 08, 2021, 10:39:23 PM
I don't seem to be able to read the comments and suggestions on the Antrim social media pages on FB and Twitter.  Anyone else having the same problem?
Personally I think the proposed solution isn't a solution at all.

They've deleted them

saffron123

The county never do themselves any favours