Margaret Richie
10 (30.3%)
The Knitted Character off Harry Hill Show
11 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

muppet

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on February 07, 2010, 09:36:54 AM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on February 07, 2010, 02:36:37 AM
Harry Hill's a t**t, "give me oversized collars and a TV show, please"!
Anyone who likes him must be about 12.

I agree.  Comedy for Morons

Harry Hill
The Lotto
Alternative medicine

So many births yesterday.
MWWSI 2017

Minder

I would say that was McDonnells biggest disappointment since the '89 All Ireland hurling final when Tipp tanked us and he was the team doctor.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Minder on February 08, 2010, 06:18:46 PM
I would say that was McDonnells biggest disappointment since the '89 All Ireland hurling final when Tipp tanked us and he was the team doctor.
:D
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Nally Stand

Mayo, that was spoken lik a true man hasn't a clue wat he's on about. There are good reasons why the Stoops got wiped out. And why among nationalists they gained the nickname stoops for that matter
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 08, 2010, 06:06:54 PM
Well I hope that the SDLP can rise again and become a leading party in the 6 counties. It is a disgrace that the party of peace was sidelined to allow the gunmen gain control.
I agree
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Trevor Hill

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 08, 2010, 06:42:58 PM
Mayo, that was spoken lik a true man hasn't a clue wat he's on about. There are good reasons why the Stoops got wiped out. And why among nationalists they gained the nickname stoops for that matter

Nally Stand I think I owe you an apology. I once said that you sounded like a 14 year old. Let me retract that statement. You cannot be any more than 10.
If the stoops have their nickname for whatever reason then surely Sinn Fein have stooped even lower, coming from the position that they were once in, to where they are now. If the SDLP are the Stoop Down Low Party then Surely Sinn Fein must be Irish for we will surrender, hand all or weapons in, support the police who we used to kill, govern part of the UK and threaten to have more British elections if we don't get our own way and we will take our seats in Westminster as soon as everyone has forgotten what we were once about.
I think they deserve a pay rise for doing much more than Gerry Fitt and Co ever did to ensure the future of the Union.  ;)

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Trevor Hill on February 08, 2010, 07:16:04 PM

Nally Stand I think I owe you an apology. I once said that you sounded like a 14 year old. Let me retract that statement. You cannot be any more than 10.
If the stoops have their nickname for whatever reason then surely Sinn Fein have stooped even lower, coming from the position that they were once in, to where they are now. If the SDLP are the Stoop Down Low Party then Surely Sinn Fein must be Irish for we will surrender, hand all or weapons in, support the police who we used to kill, govern part of the UK and threaten to have more British elections if we don't get our own way and we will take our seats in Westminster as soon as everyone has forgotten what we were once about.
I think they deserve a pay rise for doing much more than Gerry Fitt and Co ever did to ensure the future of the Union.  ;)

Thats how the Union was accepted by the Old Dublin Irish Parliament in the first place.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Nally Stand

Trev ur some boy to be talking about maturity. I, unlike you, know how to have a discussion without dishing out childish attacks that in no way help the discussion. A bit like the self proclaimed post nationalists of the SDLP. I therefor should remind you that I have no interest in talking to you
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Trevor Hill

You claim to know how to have a discussion but you refuse to discuss any of the points I have raised regarding Sinn Fein and their ability to stoop much lower than the SDLP.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Trevor Hill on February 08, 2010, 08:15:06 PM
You claim to know how to have a discussion but you refuse to discuss any of the points I have raised regarding Sinn Fein and their ability to stoop much lower than the SDLP.
SF haven't told him what he should say to that

Trevor Hill

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on February 08, 2010, 08:32:20 PM
Quote from: Trevor Hill on February 08, 2010, 08:15:06 PM
SF haven't told him what he should say to that

Is his teacher a member of Sinn Fein?  :D

Maguire01

There are good reasons why the Stoops got wiped out. And why among nationalists they gained the nickname stoops for that matter
I wouldn't say "wiped out" exactly (their 2005 Westminster election results were higher than SF's as recent as 1997, so let's not get too carried away), although they have lost a lot of ground. And SF wouldn't be in their grand positions today without them. And as for the 'nickname', "among nationalists" is a bit broad brush.

But back to the topic in hand, I don't think either candidates would set the world alight. In particular, i've seen Richie at a few conferences and she's a terrible public speaker. However, she does seem to be able to get on with people, and as someone has already said, she's probably one of the best performing ministers, despite having no other party support in the Executive. It will be interesting to see what happens.

T Fearon

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Nally Stand

Typical arrogance of trevor. Anyone who disagrees with him is clearly too young to know what they're talking about.