50 Dead Men Walking

Started by carnaross, April 12, 2009, 12:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 16, 2009, 12:59:30 PM
Quote from: Roger on April 16, 2009, 12:31:30 PM
The IRA killed more nationalist/Catholic civilians than the "enemy" did.
The IRA killed and maimed many innocent nationalist/Catholic and excused it by labelling them touts.
SF's vote rose during a time when the IRA's activities reduced.

Liam Clarke and Ms Breen can write what they want but the above remain.

If you are into kangaroo courts, nutting squads, maiming people,  tarring and feathering etc then I want as far from your world as possible.
utter buls*t thats trotted out each time we have such an argument.
These stats you re quoting dont account for the myriads of nationalists that were killed or their lives ruined by the actions of the apartheid state establishment forces prior to 1969, then also afterwards.
your stats dont include how many had to flee the country
if these were no the case then there would have been no support for the ira and co from 1969 and afterwards

kangaroo courts, nutting squads etc etc etc are actually a wart on the arse of society in comparison to the wholseale apartheid practices, oppression, persecution and if not genocide - its only just something short of it.

yer 80/20 rule is skewed in reverse there roger
I have presented the stats for the organisation's record when it was supposedly defending the nationalist/Catholic community and which led to the support for SF.   

Tony Baloney

I still think it was a score draw.

glens abu

Quote from: glens abu on April 16, 2009, 10:43:38 AM
Quote from: Roger on April 16, 2009, 10:30:40 AM
Quote from: southderryman on April 15, 2009, 05:35:24 PM
Quote from: Roger on April 15, 2009, 05:19:52 PM
Quote from: southderryman on April 15, 2009, 05:07:36 PM
had i been a member of that organisation at that time then yes i probably would have. and i think everyone knows the provos were/are riddled with touts, and anyone who was/is should have recieved the same treatment.
Some justice system you got there and a shoot to kill policy to boot.  :o

Should you not be looking at the causes and motivation of the touts and looking back into history to justify their actions and looking at some benefit system to help them feel parity of esteem?

touting on operations and people that were there to protect a community aided the sectarian police force's killing of innocent nationalists

the only things that motivated touts was money or keeping themselves out of prison
Is this the same 'community protector' who's operations killed more innocent civilians within their own community than the supposed enemy did? 

It is too easy to label someone a tout if you don't like them and then whack them. Many innocents died as a result of those egotistical terrorist scum 'nutting' a tout.

your entitled to your opinion Rodger but the IRA were supported by the community they lived in and the crime in those areas when they were active was a hell of a lot less than now,as a matter of fact people in a lot of these areas would like the IRA back for that very reason,they had wide spread support and proved that when Sinn  Fein stood for election.They had to be doing something right,can you imagine how many votes someone like that waste of space McGartland would get if he stood for election in west Belfast.You should stop reading people like Liam Clarke and Ms Breen and join the real world.
The IRA killed and maimed many innocent nationalist/Catholic and excused it by labelling them touts.

If you are into kangaroo courts, nutting squads, maiming people,  tarring and feathering etc then I want as far from your world as possible.

Like I said your entitled to your opinion but the fact remains that the IRA had popular support within the community from which they came,and that support remained right up to the last ceasefire.Yes Sinn Fein vote has improved  over the last few years and people now vote for them that wouldnt have during the conflict but the FACT remains the did have massive support in the north thats why people like Bobby Sands and his  comrades got the votes they did,and why as I have said before wasters like McGartland are despised in Nationalist Ireland .  

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Roger on April 16, 2009, 01:30:16 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 16, 2009, 12:59:30 PM

utter buls*t thats trotted out each time we have such an argument.
These stats you re quoting dont account for the myriads of nationalists that were killed or their lives ruined by the actions of the apartheid state establishment forces prior to 1969, then also afterwards.
your stats dont include how many had to flee the country
if these were no the case then there would have been no support for the ira and co from 1969 and afterwards

kangaroo courts, nutting squads etc etc etc are actually a wart on the arse of society in comparison to the wholseale apartheid practices, oppression, persecution and if not genocide - its only just something short of it.

yer 80/20 rule is skewed in reverse there roger
I have presented the stats for the organisation's record when it was supposedly defending the nationalist/Catholic community and which led to the support for SF.   
these stats only portray a small fraction of the story though...
without them there would have been even more killed, hounded out and victimised by eastablishment and their apartheid regieme practices !

Roger

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 16, 2009, 01:40:25 PM
without them there would have been even more killed, hounded out and victimised by eastablishment and their apartheid regieme practices !
Speculative bullshit.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Roger on April 16, 2009, 01:55:39 PM
Speculative bullshit.
unless you are commenting on your own scrawlings earlier this is not the case for what I have written,
especially since there was huge precedent of this (that ended up with the ira having to come along to defend these people - remember !)
so with precedent before 1969 and some long time after this also, this is proven to not be speculation but actual fact !
It wasnt stopping until around GFA time either ! (though it def was decreasing rapidly after 1969 - poss due to the interjection by ira and political parties to stop such practices).

Roger

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 16, 2009, 02:04:31 PM
Speculative bullshit.
unless you are commenting on your own scrawlings earlier this is not the case for what I have written,
especially since there was huge precedent of this (that ended up with the ira having to come along to defend these people - remember !)
so with precedent before 1969 and some long time after this also, this is proven to not be speculation but actual fact !
It wasnt stopping until around GFA time either ! (though it def was decreasing rapidly after 1969 - poss due to the interjection by ira and political parties to stop such practices).

How many Catholic / nationalist civilians were killed by the state forces in the thirty years prior to 1969 and how many were killed by their self-appointed protectors (IRA) in the thirty years after 1969?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Roger on April 16, 2009, 02:10:32 PM
Speculative bullshit.

How many Catholic / nationalist civilians were killed by the state forces in the thirty years prior to 1969 and how many were killed by their self-appointed protectors (IRA) in the thirty years after 1969?
how many innocent families, their lives, their homes, their health were all ruined as well as being persecuted,tortured and killed by state forces before and after 1969 - do you have stats on that as its less than what was purportrated by ira !

Myles Na G.

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 16, 2009, 08:10:55 AM
Were you in Derry for Bloody Sunday and did you witness the internment arrests? Could they have possibly had something to do with the rise of the IRA or was it really all the tea drinking and biscuits??
I wasn't in Derry that day, but I was in Belfast at the time of internment. Want to know what I saw? I saw local republicans walking around punching the air like they'd just scored a goal. They were delighted at the introduction of internment, as they thought it heralded the end of stormont. The fact that innocent Catholics - the people they were 'protecting' -  were being lifted concerned them not a jot. Like Roger has pointed out, these were the protectors who killed more Catholics than the loyalists and the Brits. Some protection!

Myles Na G.

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 16, 2009, 12:54:35 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on April 15, 2009, 11:57:10 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 15, 2009, 09:37:34 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on April 15, 2009, 07:05:18 PM
Quote from: southderryman on April 15, 2009, 11:10:38 AM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on April 15, 2009, 09:47:17 AM
Quote from: southderryman on April 14, 2009, 11:21:22 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on April 14, 2009, 06:55:10 PM
Quote from: southderryman on April 14, 2009, 03:22:38 PM
pure shite film

glorifies touting

they should have put another 60 bullets in the sc**bag when they found him
Aren't you the hard man, eh?

and why would that be? because i have opinion?
:D

Would you do the shooting ?

the Provisional IRA were born out of the need to protect the nationalist community in the north from a sectarian police force and loyilst death squads who wanted to wipe them out, McGartland touted on the people who trusted him, and for what? - money. some things are more important. as i said, they should have finished the job. would you just shake this hand and say good luck martin, carry on, no hard feelings?
Were they f**k. When the nationalist community needed protecting in 1969, there was no IRA worth talking about and the nationalist people felt let down. I remember the writing on the walls at the time -IRA, I Ran Away. That's why the Catholic people welcomed the British Army into their areas with cups of tea and plates of biscuits. It was the sight of the hated Brits being given such a warm welcome which really needled republicans.

You could do with a history lesson. Yes the IRA were effectively non existant in 1969 but when the nationalist people seen that the army was not impartial as they'd hoped the IRA started to get organised again. If you believe the IRA gained recruits because people were "needled" by seeing the brits drinking tea and eating sandwiches you are sadly deluded. The army showed many times in the following 30 years they were never going to be neutral.
I don't need a history lesson, from you or anyone else. I was there at the time.
think its been proven on here a few times that you dont know yer arse from yer elbow when it comes to factual info and 'history'

the various replies to your 'opinion' would be more akin to the truth than what you are professing
Blah, blah, republican bullshit history, blah, blah, apartheid, blah, oppression, blah, blah, some oul' shite you heard second hand from some shinner years ago, blah, blah...

Myles Na G.

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 16, 2009, 01:18:58 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 16, 2009, 01:02:24 PM
Were you in Derry for Bloody Sunday and did you witness the internment arrests? Could they have possibly had something to do with the rise of the IRA or was it really all the tea drinking and biscuits??
I think Lynchboy was there on those occassions, including every major event after the Battle of the Boyne judging by his posts.
maybe not the battle of the boyne, might have won it if I was...
Yep, you'd have bored them into surrendering.

Roger

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 16, 2009, 04:23:00 PM
Quote from: Roger on April 16, 2009, 02:10:32 PM
Speculative bullshit.

how many innocent families, their lives, their homes, their health were all ruined as well as being persecuted,tortured and killed by state forces before and after 1969 - do you have stats on that as its less than what was purportrated by ira !

Stop trying to dodge the question.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Myles Na G. on April 16, 2009, 05:11:08 PM
I wasn't in Derry that day, but I was in Belfast at the time of internment. Want to know what I saw? I saw local republicans walking around punching the air like they'd just scored a goal. They were delighted at the introduction of internment, as they thought it heralded the end of stormont. The fact that innocent Catholics - the people they were 'protecting' -  were being lifted concerned them not a jot. Like Roger has pointed out, these were the protectors who killed more Catholics than the loyalists and the Brits. Some protection!

You and dublinfella could be twins, I dont think you're the same poster, but you could be twins.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Myles Na G.

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 16, 2009, 07:14:06 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on April 16, 2009, 05:11:08 PM

You and dublinfella could be twins, I dont think you're the same poster, but you could be twins.
Does that mean dublinfella, evil genius and me are like triplets?

Main Street