2018 NFL Division 2

Started by tippabu, December 31, 2017, 11:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: Jinxy on March 26, 2018, 10:23:31 AM
Lads, take it to the Division 1 thread and stop annoying the rest of us.

I'll miss the handy wins against Meath next year

Rossfan

These Divisional Finals are meaningless  glorified challenge matches.
Still be nice to have an oul trip to Croker and if we get a shiny cupeen sure why not.
Will there be extra time and free taking if required?
Be great to hold up the  Moneybags and Herrin chokers while we take our frees.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Westside

All due respect to Roscommon but the calls that this game is meaningless are bullshit. Roscommon put in one performance against a serious team last year and had their provincial title. They can do the same this year. It's a cheap title, but sure we'd love a cheap title ourselves. Cavan don't have a chance like that so beating a good Roscommon team on a big day in Croke Park with a cup up for grabs is a big game for us.

If Roscommon were facing into Donegal, Derry, Down and Tyrone to win their provincial title instead of Leitrim and Galway and the consequent positioning in the AI series I don't think they'd be brushing this off as a challenge game either.

tippabu

Quote from: Westside on March 26, 2018, 12:55:56 PM
All due respect to Roscommon but the calls that this game is meaningless are bullshit. Roscommon put in one performance against a serious team last year and had their provincial title. They can do the same this year. It's a cheap title, but sure we'd love a cheap title ourselves. Cavan don't have a chance like that so beating a good Roscommon team on a big day in Croke Park with a cup up for grabs is a big game for us.

If Roscommon were facing into Donegal, Derry, Down and Tyrone to win their provincial title instead of Leitrim and Galway and the consequent positioning in the AI series I don't think they'd be brushing this off as a challenge game either.

Id fall in the middle, it's a national final and you do want to win it but the tipp Cavan match was 10 times more important. If you lose the league final it's going to be a lot easier getting over that than losing a game for promotion

weareros

Roscommon did get the luck of the draw in Connacht the last two years, but the Connacht championship has only one less game than the Ulster championship. And the reality when it comes to championship football both Mayo and Galway are better than any team in Ulster, so nothing is won cheaply in the west. As I said, we beat Cavan for the Div 3 title and Down for the Div 2 title and John Evans was hopping around like we won the All-Ireland, and we were off with our tail between our legs before Summer was over. All I'm saying is don't get carried away. Donegal, Derry and Down are in poor shape at the moment, and Cavan should be aiming to win an Ulster title and get into the last 8. Of course, I now hope we'll bate seven shades of shite out of ye for besmirching our Connacht title.

Horse Box

Quote from: tippabu on March 25, 2018, 06:41:19 PM
Quote from: Itchy on March 25, 2018, 05:49:27 PM
Quote from: Westside on March 25, 2018, 05:38:26 PM
Quote from: Itchy on March 25, 2018, 05:07:32 PM
Holy f**k what a finish.

Savage. Madden has no real football since the Clare game and comes on and takes on that shot. Brilliant.
Thouhht Johnston was class when he came on too, point attempt aside.
And McVeety is just unreal, the best player on the field today by a distance.

We weren't great today. But they got the job done.

Madden is that sort of player. He can kick one from 40m of his left when his tail is up as he's bundles of ability. It's all about confidence. Tipp will feel very unlucky they lost but it's same with us maybe last week. Very little between top 3 teams so I'm delighted we just did enough. Only lead once in the game, 39 5 mins into 2nd half. Hard luck Tipp though a really good team that could do damage in Munster. Only advice id give is the management team would want to stop going mad on the sideline as it' just panics the players.

Well done, I'm a bit all over the place, I thought the ref was very poor (hope this part isn't picked up on) but not the losing of it, we kicked it away at the end with the chances we missed and also Cavan done a job on us aswell in a complimentary way towards ye. The match we threw away against roscommon was the one that cost us. Still gets at you the amount you hear today that Cavan shouldn't be losing to a hurling county and have no business in div 1 if "we can't beat the likes of tipp", there's not a whole lot if anything between tipp rossies and Cavan  (most on here would agree to be fair, not having a pop at this place). Bitterly disappointed I think next year will be easier finish 3rd last and survive division 1 than finish top 2 and get promoted. Best of luck to ye next year

The Ref was diabolical ! Enda Flanagan elbowed Fox in the Head in lead up to the second goal , panned out Bill Maher and went in hard on Evan Comerford and no action taken ! The linesman David Coldrick got Casey sent off and not for the first time he has been responsable for screwing Tipp !

seafoid

Quote from: tippabu on March 26, 2018, 01:31:32 PM

Id fall in the middle, it's a national final and you do want to win it but the tipp Cavan match was 10 times more important. If you lose the league final it's going to be a lot easier getting over that than losing a game for promotion

Getting promoted is like going to college. If you are not ready for it it is better to wait.
Tipp need a bit more work. There is no shame in that.
The wider football landscape is very interesting with Tyrone, Mayo and Kerry performing poorly.  A few places may be up for grabs over the next few years. no reason why Tipp couldn't be there.

Ros and Cavan could come straight back down next year as well.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

tippabu

Quote from: Horse Box on March 26, 2018, 02:14:04 PM
Holy f**k what a finish.

Savage. Madden has no real football since the Clare game and comes on and takes on that shot. Brilliant.

Madden is that sort of player. He can kick one from 40m of his left when his tail is up as he's bundles of ability. It's all about confidence. Tipp will feel very unlucky they lost but it's same with us maybe last week. Very little between top 3 teams so I'm delighted we just did enough. Only lead once in the game, 39 5 mins into 2nd half. Hard luck Tipp though a really good team that could do damage in Munster. Only advice id give is the management team would want to stop going mad on the sideline as it' just panics the players.

Well done, I'm a bit all over the place, I thought the ref was very poor (hope this part isn't picked up on) but not the losing of it, we kicked it away at the end with the chances we missed and also Cavan done a job on us aswell in a complimentary way towards ye. The match we threw away against roscommon was the one that cost us. Still gets at you the amount you hear today that Cavan shouldn't be losing to a hurling county and have no business in div 1 if "we can't beat the likes of tipp", there's not a whole lot if anything between tipp rossies and Cavan  (most on here would agree to be fair, not having a pop at this place). Bitterly disappointed I think next year will be easier finish 3rd last and survive division 1 than finish top 2 and get promoted. Best of luck to ye next year

The Ref was diabolical ! Enda Flanagan elbowed Fox in the Head in lead up to the second goal , panned out Bill Maher and went in hard on Evan Comerford and no action taken ! The linesman David Coldrick got Casey sent off and not for the first time he has been responsable for screwing Tipp !

Casey deserved to be sent off

Jinxy

Here tippabu, ye better send a decent team up to Newry
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Jinxy on March 26, 2018, 02:27:42 PM

They should send the u20s now.

Jinxy

Also known as, 'The Kildare Option'.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Horse Box

Quote from: tippabu on March 26, 2018, 02:25:22 PM
Holy f**k what a finish.

I`ve heard different views on it however the 2 frees at the end of the game were bad calls and how do you explain Enda Flanagan getting away with 3 yellow/red card offences ?

tippabu

Quote from: Jinxy on March 26, 2018, 02:27:42 PM

If ye can't beat Louth I'd start focusing on hurling if I were ye!! We shouldn't consider anyone who's in consideration for the championship

tippabu

Quote from: Horse Box on March 26, 2018, 02:35:32 PM
Holy f**k what a finish.

I`ve heard different views on it however the 2 frees at the end of the game were bad calls and how do you explain Enda Flanagan getting away with 3 yellow/red card offences ?

Highlights on YouTube and rte player, looks to me like he swung a right arm. I agree and said I thought the ref was bad but that's coming from a very biased stance. I'd focus more on what we can control and this was yet another big game we were leading in the closing stages and couldn't see out the game when we should have.

Horse Box

Quote from: tippabu on March 26, 2018, 02:57:55 PM
Quote from: Horse Box on March 26, 2018, 02:35:32 PM
Holy f**k what a finish.

Highlights on YouTube and rte player, looks to me like he swung a right arm. I agree and said I thought the ref was bad but that's coming from a very biased stance. I'd focus more on what we can control and this was yet another big game we were leading in the closing stages and couldn't see out the game when we should have.

Just seen it on Youtube , can`t see being any different from many challenges you would see in Football , yellow maybe . What you can see in the video is the Cavan Mentor beside Coldrick who was beside him and in his ear the whole game !