2018 NFL Division 2

Started by tippabu, December 31, 2017, 11:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tippabu

Quote from: Smurfy123 on March 19, 2018, 10:07:40 PM
If Down were to beat Meath this weekend and Cavan beat tipp then the fixtures that weee called off yesterday are dead runners anyway?Would that be correct

I think roscommon would need something against cork too but yeah that would mean the other games are meaningless.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Smurfy123 on March 19, 2018, 10:07:40 PM
If Down were to beat Meath this weekend and Cavan beat tipp then the fixtures that weee called off yesterday are dead runners anyway?Would that be correct

As long as Roscommon beat Cork. If Roscommon lose to Cork, then Tipp would be two points behind them with a game in hand.

mrdeeds

I heard fixtures for this weekend will be the original ones. So Cavan Tipp Sunday. We'll know tomorrow.

Itchy

Quote from: mrdeeds on March 19, 2018, 10:22:36 PM
I heard fixtures for this weekend will be the original ones. So Cavan Tipp Sunday. We'll know tomorrow.

How can they be, the last round of games are always on the same at same time. Never even any Saturday games on last weekend. This would be a major departure from the norm and from fair play

tippabu

We'll know tomorrow as you say, strong possibility we will know the two promoted teams if that is the case and can still play the final as scheduled the bank holiday with the division 1 final

Westside

Quote from: Itchy on March 19, 2018, 10:33:08 PM

How can they be, the last round of games are always on the same at same time. Never even any Saturday games on last weekend. This would be a major departure from the norm and from fair play

Depending on the Down v Tipp result, Cavan could be at the disadvantage of not knowing whether a draw would see us promoted or not. Whereas we would know for certain what we need from the last game if all final games are played simultaneously

Hound

Colm Parkinson had a good interview with Kevin McStay on Thursday or Friday on his podcast. Worth looking up for any Rossies

oliverkelly

Roscommon are playing Cork this weekend anyway so presume the others will be the same

Itchy

If Tipp lose to Down
Tipp Beat Cavan
Ros lose to Cork

All would be on 9 points I think.

If Tipp beat Down
If Tipp and Cavan Draw
If Ros and Cork Draw

All would be on 10 points

In either of these two scenarios it would go down to score difference and I think Ros would lose out unless in option one Tipp won by a 6/7 points against Cavan.

tippabu

Quote from: Itchy on March 20, 2018, 01:51:04 PM
If Tipp lose to Down
Tipp Beat Cavan
Ros lose to Cork

If Tipp beat Down
If Tipp and Cavan Draw
If Ros and Cork Draw

In either of these two scenarios it would go down to score difference and I think Ros would lose out unless in option one Tipp won by a 6/7 points against Cavan.

Week 7 games go ahead as planned. No date for Meath Louth, down tipp. Both games may end up dead rubbers

AZOffaly

Quote from: tippabu on March 20, 2018, 02:10:53 PM
If Tipp lose to Down
Tipp Beat Cavan
Ros lose to Cork

If Tipp beat Down
If Tipp and Cavan Draw
If Ros and Cork Draw

Week 7 games go ahead as planned. No date for Meath Louth, down tipp. Both games may end up dead rubbers

I'd say that's what they are hoping for

westbound

If Tipp lose to Down
Tipp Beat Cavan
Ros lose to Cork

If Tipp beat Down
If Tipp and Cavan Draw
If Ros and Cork Draw

That's correct. And to be exact, Ros would lose out in option one unless Tipp won by 5 points MORE than Ros lost to cork by (there is another far fetched scenario invloving Tipp losing by a big margin to down should could mean Tipp end up with a worse scoring difference than Roscommon - but let's not get into that at the moment!)

Looking at just sunday's game:
If Cavan beat tipp - Cavan and Ros are promoted
If Tipp beat Cavan, and Ros avoid losing to Cork - Tipp and Ros are promoted
If Tipp and Cavan Draw, Ros need a win to be promoted. The other promotion spot would come down to the postponed Tipp V Down game.  If Ros don't win (and Cavan V Tipp is a draw) the 3 teams would be waiting on the Tipp V Down refixture to see who goes up.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 20, 2018, 02:29:32 PM
If Tipp lose to Down
Tipp Beat Cavan
Ros lose to Cork

If Tipp beat Down
If Tipp and Cavan Draw
If Ros and Cork Draw

And if they don't?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

tippabu

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 20, 2018, 02:59:41 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 20, 2018, 02:29:32 PM
If Tipp lose to Down
Tipp Beat Cavan
Ros lose to Cork

If Tipp beat Down
If Tipp and Cavan Draw
If Ros and Cork Draw

And if they don't?

Then the two games will go ahead the week after I'd imagine

Rossfan

If needed the outstanding games go ahead Easter weekend .
If The Tipp game has a bearing on the Final that meaningless game will be on the 7th or 8th of April.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM