2018 NFL Division 2

Started by tippabu, December 31, 2017, 11:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tippabu

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 16, 2018, 01:28:49 PM
Quote from: tippabu on March 16, 2018, 08:00:47 AM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on March 16, 2018, 07:37:27 AM
What are Tipp playing like these days?
With the exception of Quinlivan I would not know anyone else on the team.
Whats your thoughts on the naming of teams a few days before the game?Jesus ours does not get released until 20 minutes pre match.
Annoying!

Playing aswell as we have in any league I remember. We have a good panel now with options to come on rather than a bare 15 like when we got to the semi. Very wary of this game, ye seem to be losing games ye should be winning and worrying this will be the weekend it will all come right. We used to be like that but we are this year releasing them at a consistent time and small things like that make it feel like we are taking the football more seriously even if it is a nothing thing really

You might be less wary when you discover Downs record at home is dreadful in the league recently.

That's more a reason to be worried, down will be determined not to lose all their home games this year

Westside

Hard to see why Galligan isn't left in goals. His kickouts were better and he was top notch the last game. Full back line still a worry for me, especially against the best full forward line in the Division. Niall Murray needs to start if he's able at all.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Westside on March 16, 2018, 10:10:03 PM
Hard to see why Galligan isn't left in goals. His kickouts were better and he was top notch the last game. Full back line still a worry for me, especially against the best full forward line in the Division. Niall Murray needs to start if he's able at all.

They rotating keepers each game. Agreed at start of league. Galligan miles ahead though.

Smurfy123

A little upset on the cards in Newry tomorrow I think
Lads what's your take on the naming of the team before a weekends match?
Jesus we never release a team until 15 minutes before throw in.Its a bug bearer of mine.This has literally been goin on for years.

Itchy

Cunny Funt

A bit of lottery predicting results in this division but here goes...

Down v Tipp - Tipp by 3
Cork v Clare - Cork by 4
Roscommon v Cavan - a draw
Louth v Meath - Meath by 8

Going into the final round of games still all to play for at the top and bottom.

Cavan 10
Tipp 9
Roscommon 8
Cork 8
Meath 5
Clare 4
Down 4
Louth 0

Avondhu star

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 17, 2018, 01:17:10 PM

Down v Tipp - Tipp by 3
Cork v Clare - Cork by 4

Going into the final round of games still all to play for at the top and bottom.

Cavan 10
Tipp 9
Roscommon 8
Cork 8
Meath 5
Clare 4
Down 4
Louth 0

Ross and Cavan a very interesting one. Cavan have a poor record versus Roscommon but Ross can be inconsistent when it comes to must win games and they are away to Cork after tomorrow
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Avondhu star on March 17, 2018, 04:17:53 PM

Down v Tipp - Tipp by 3
Cork v Clare - Cork by 4

Cavan 10
Tipp 9
Roscommon 8
Cork 8
Meath 5
Clare 4
Down 4
Louth 0

Ross and Cavan a very interesting one. Cavan have a poor record versus Roscommon but Ross can be inconsistent when it comes to must win games and they are away to Cork after tomorrow
Cavan have showed the most consistency in group of inconsistent teams so far and i think Roscommon have Cork at home.

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 17, 2018, 04:24:17 PM
Quote from: Avondhu star on March 17, 2018, 04:17:53 PM

Down v Tipp - Tipp by 3
Cork v Clare - Cork by 4

Cavan 10
Tipp 9
Roscommon 8
Cork 8
Meath 5
Clare 4
Down 4
Louth 0

Cavan have showed the most consistency in group of inconsistent teams so far and i think Roscommon have Cork at home.

You're right. Not that any match against Cork isn't going to feel like a home game no matter where it's played.

Jim_Murphy_74

Great win for Clare tonight.

/Jim.

Syferus

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on March 17, 2018, 08:36:36 PM

/Jim.

Good win for Roscommon too.

/Up Ros

Blowitupref

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on March 17, 2018, 08:36:36 PM

/Jim.

Great away win for them, 2nd year in a row they have beaten Cork!
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Itchy

Meath should win against Louth so doesn't that mean it's highly likely a team on 6 points could go down? Clare havr Louth and will win that. Doesn't cork play Ros in last game so they will really need a result so I'm not sure how that result is good for Ros?

Huge pressure on down to beat Tipp now so I suppose that's good for cavan and Ros. As usual an intriguing division.

Syferus

Quote from: Itchy on March 17, 2018, 08:50:00 PM
Meath should win against Louth so doesn't that mean it's highly likely a team on 6 points could go down? Clare havr Louth and will win that. Doesn't cork play Ros in last game so they will really need a result so I'm not sure how that result is good for Ros?

Huge pressure on down to beat Tipp now so I suppose that's good for cavan and Ros. As usual an intriguing division.

Cork have been eliminated from the promotion race barring a very bizarre set of results.

tippabu

Quote from: Syferus on March 17, 2018, 08:58:32 PM
Quote from: Itchy on March 17, 2018, 08:50:00 PM

Cork have been eliminated from the promotion race barring a very bizarre set of results.

Up to this point cavan roscommon and tipp have been far and away the three stand out teams and whichever two goes up will have deserved it.