2018 NFL Division 2

Started by tippabu, December 31, 2017, 11:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westside

A more experienced starting Cavan side and Martin Reilly being back is a huge addition. Johnston Mackey and Gearoid on the bench gives us some options. Need to see more from Enda Flanagan and Caoimhin Reilly tomorrow. Farrelly deserves his chance, a lot of mistakes from Galligan the last day.

Our home record is shocking and McVeety said last week that Cavan have limited access to the main field in Breffni so the home advantage isn't what it should be. Needs to change this year or we'll be relegated.

Rossfan

Ros team to be made public tonight for this vital game v Tipp.
2 points needed if we're to be in the Promotion hunt.
Will take a much improved performance to win it.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Horse Box

Quote from: tippabu on February 02, 2018, 01:39:40 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 01, 2018, 10:14:27 PM
Looks close enough to what would be the Tipp championship team.

If that's our 15 come championship I'll be very happy. Paddy codd will be pushing to get back in the full back line, there's a couple will be doing the same for the halfback line. Midfield should be Casey and Hannigan competing for 1 spot, hopefully Casey goes well because hannigans experience come the later stages of the game will be important. Front 6 is the strongest we have for me

Hannigan :o , he`s been there a while now , through thick and thin but there is no way he is better than Casey . Casey can be lazy at times but has alot more ability than George !

tippabu

Quote from: Horse Box on February 02, 2018, 10:10:51 PM
Quote from: tippabu on February 02, 2018, 01:39:40 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 01, 2018, 10:14:27 PM
Looks close enough to what would be the Tipp championship team.

If that's our 15 come championship I'll be very happy. Paddy codd will be pushing to get back in the full back line, there's a couple will be doing the same for the halfback line. Midfield should be Casey and Hannigan competing for 1 spot, hopefully Casey goes well because hannigans experience come the later stages of the game will be important. Front 6 is the strongest we have for me

Hannigan :o , he`s been there a while now , through thick and thin but there is no way he is better than Casey . Casey can be lazy at times but has alot more ability than George !

Hannigan is never a standout or someone you come away from a game saying how well he played but when you look back over it hes rarely gotten the better of and usually keeps his opposite number quiet. Theres definately a role for him

OgraAnDun

I can guarantee that this is not the team that will start.

Itchy

Big game tonight in breffni, the loser will be in big relegation trouble. Cavan wildly to short odds with bookies at 1-3. 4/6 maybe I'd say would be fair. The lads we have coming back in have very little work done.

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on February 02, 2018, 07:20:49 PM

Well we made the first five players public anyways. That'll properly confuse Kearns.

Itchy

Quote from: Itchy on February 03, 2018, 02:18:23 PM
Big game tonight in breffni, the loser will be in big relegation trouble. Cavan wildly to short odds with bookies at 1-3. 4/6 maybe I'd say would be fair. The lads we have coming back in have very little work done.

Bookies were right, big win for cavan. 3-16 to 0-13. Great to see the team show some form in Breffni.

Westside

Easy for Cavan tonight. Good pace in the team and looked a lot more settled than last week. Martin Reilly was excellent but Caoimhin Reilly was motm for me. His movement and pace and power tore Louth's full back line to shreds.

Gets more difficult for us from here on out and we will need to cut down on the amount of basic errors we are making if we are going to beat the stonethrowers next week.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Westside on February 03, 2018, 09:03:02 PM
Easy for Cavan tonight. Good pace in the team and looked a lot more settled than last week. Martin Reilly was excellent but Caoimhin Reilly was motm for me. His movement and pace and power tore Louth's full back line to shreds.

Gets more difficult for us from here on out and we will need to cut down on the amount of basic errors we are making if we are going to beat the stonethrowers next week.

Mackey was excellent again.

tippabu

Quote from: Syferus on February 03, 2018, 02:59:01 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 02, 2018, 07:20:49 PM

Well we made the first five players public anyways. That'll properly confuse Kearns.

There will actually be a team from ye on the programme tomorrow won't there?;)

Westside

Quote from: mrdeeds on February 03, 2018, 10:27:45 PM
Quote from: Westside on February 03, 2018, 09:03:02 PM

Mackey was excellent again.

Yeah he was, his use of the ball is a cut above anyone else. Clerkin was good too, couldn't see why McGleenan stuck with him last year but he did very well tonight. They all played well to be fair. Our lack of power is a bit of a worry though, don't have anyone physically imposing really.

tippabu

Big win for Cavan, after all the doom and gloom coming out pre league, they should at the very least be safe, promotion is on but Cavan have a really tough run of fixtures from here on out. Louth look like they are done for already, two big defeats already, will take a massive turn around to stay up now.