2018 NFL Division 2

Started by tippabu, December 31, 2017, 11:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

There's a dodgy midfield and we're not too good at defending.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on January 22, 2018, 07:02:38 PM

Who needs a defence when you can out score the opposition? That dodgy midfield contains our best player and our best rookie from last season..

Aristo 60

Quote from: Syferus on January 22, 2018, 07:25:28 PM

Who needs a defence when you can out score the opposition? That dodgy midfield contains our best player and our best rookie from last season..

Down tried that for years!

Itchy

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 22, 2018, 03:58:45 PM
I will be shocked if Roscommon don't get promoted again. There's no distractions, such as managerial upheaval like last year and I reckon Ros can afford to go for it as it probably will be mid June when they face stiff opposition afterwards.

On paper Roscommon should get up but their biggest problem will be their own arrogance as epitomized by Syphilis. But I do believe they are the best team in this division.

Syferus

Quote from: Itchy on January 22, 2018, 07:31:06 PM
I will be shocked if Roscommon don't get promoted again. There's no distractions, such as managerial upheaval like last year and I reckon Ros can afford to go for it as it probably will be mid June when they face stiff opposition afterwards.

On paper Roscommon should get up but their biggest problem will be their own arrogance as epitomized by Syphilis. But I do believe they are the best team in this division.

I was taking the piss, you eejit.

You'd need to be concussed to not know we've had historical problems defensively. That said we showed more in that area last summer than in any year in about a decade and a half, at least until we ran out of gas in the replay.

Itchy

Quote from: Syferus on January 22, 2018, 07:34:31 PM
Quote from: Itchy on January 22, 2018, 07:31:06 PM

I was taking the piss, you eejit.

You'd need to be concussed to not know we've had historical problems defensively. That said we showed more in that area last summer than in any year in about a decade and a half, at least until we ran out of gas in the replay.

I wrote what I think. He are best team but your arrogance is famous. Stay focused and treat teams with respect and he should go up.

Rossfan

That dodgy midfield contains our best player and our best rookie from last season..
One big game doesn't make a lad our best player.
Brian Stack mightn't agree with your 2nd point.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tippabu

Quote from: Horse Box on January 22, 2018, 02:01:31 PM
Cavan
Tipp
Down
Roscommon

Tipp have been going really well Preseason . Steven O`Brien in Midfield will supply the Forwards with plenty of ball . 7/4 is a serious price with PP ! ! !

you can get 2/1 in ladbrokes. Weve went well, beat limerick before christmas and CIT and garda collage last few weeks, all big wins. Were due to play UCD last tuesday which wouldve wrapped it up nicely. No real challenge at all but Cork played waterford in a non contest and had a good game v clare but it will be interesting to see how many of them play against tipp. Patience might be needed with O'Brien, his club dont play football so he hasnt really played any football the last couple of years, might have a few hit and miss games before getting fully up to speed. Jack kennedy is one im expecting alot from this year. We have plenty of options at midfield this year compared to championship game against them last year when we had to bring quinlivan out the pitch, himself and sweeney will be able stay in the full forward line for the most part now and if they are on song cork will do very well with what looks a poor line of the team for them to contain them. Confident going into this game although weary aswell given we are usually a summer team who dont perform well in the league, will possibly be missing 1 or 2 experienced players for this one  and its cork playing their first game in the new stadium doubled with the hurlers and they are capable of absolutely anything good or bad

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on January 22, 2018, 08:32:46 PM

That dodgy midfield contains our best player and our best rookie from last season..
One big game doesn't make a lad our best player.
Brian Stack mightn't agree with your 2nd point.

Strange that I remember Enda being awarded the MotM after the semi too so. Stack had a great championship but TOR had a great year in a position that was causing issues since Cathal Shine and Kevin Higgins formed a good partnership in 2014.

tippabu

Will be interesting to see how close this will be to the final standings

tippabu

Week 1 betting.

Clare Cavan a draw for me
Cork Tipp I think we are great value at that price
Louth down...Louth good value too, seemed like they treated the league last year as their championship and were ahead of most in the division in terms of fitness and preparations
Roscommon Meath...Hard to look past Roscommon based on their results so far this year even though Meath have done well also so far

mrdeeds

1. Raymond Galligan (Lacken)
2. Dónal Monahan (Drumlane)
3. Padraig Faulkner (Kingscourt)
4. David Phillips (Gowna)
5. Darragh Kennedy (Killygarry)
6. Ciaran Brady (Arvagh)
7. Oisin Kiernan (Castlerahan)
8. Killian Clarke (Shercock)
9. Jack Wharton (Cornafean)
10. Enda Flanagan (Castlerahan)
11. Dara McVeety (Crosserlough)
12. David Brady (Ballyhaise)
13. Caoimhin O'Reilly (Butlersbridge)
14. Bryan Magee (Cuchulainns)
15. Adrian Cole (Ramor United)

16. James Farrelly (Kingscourt)
17. Conor Brady (Gowna)
18. Conor Bradley (Ramor United)
19. Sean McCormack (Ballyhaise)
20. Niall Clerkin (Shercock)
21. Ryan Connolly (Drumlane)
22. Niall McKiernan (Lacken)
23. Cian Mackey (Castlerahan)
24. Gearoid McKiernan (Swanlinbar)
25. Conor Madden (Gowna)
26. Paul Gilcreest (Lavey)
27. Conor Moynagh (Drumgoon)
28. Thomas Galligan (Lacken)

Cavan with an incredible 10 debutants.

twohands!!!

Quote from: mrdeeds on January 25, 2018, 09:22:34 PM
1. Raymond Galligan (Lacken)
2. Dónal Monahan (Drumlane)
3. Padraig Faulkner (Kingscourt)
4. David Phillips (Gowna)
5. Darragh Kennedy (Killygarry)
6. Ciaran Brady (Arvagh)
7. Oisin Kiernan (Castlerahan)
8. Killian Clarke (Shercock)
9. Jack Wharton (Cornafean)
10. Enda Flanagan (Castlerahan)
11. Dara McVeety (Crosserlough)
12. David Brady (Ballyhaise)
13. Caoimhin O'Reilly (Butlersbridge)
14. Bryan Magee (Cuchulainns)
15. Adrian Cole (Ramor United)

16. James Farrelly (Kingscourt)
17. Conor Brady (Gowna)
18. Conor Bradley (Ramor United)
19. Sean McCormack (Ballyhaise)
20. Niall Clerkin (Shercock)
21. Ryan Connolly (Drumlane)
22. Niall McKiernan (Lacken)
23. Cian Mackey (Castlerahan)
24. Gearoid McKiernan (Swanlinbar)
25. Conor Madden (Gowna)
26. Paul Gilcreest (Lavey)
27. Conor Moynagh (Drumgoon)
28. Thomas Galligan (Lacken)

Cavan with an incredible 10 debutants.

Has to be a strong possibility of a dummy team here, especially looking at some of names on the bench.

twohands!!!

Fairly strong looking Tipp team named

twohands!!!

Cork have named a squad of only 23 ? - Wonder if that was what was submitted to Croke Park?

To me it looks a questionable enough team - defence isn't the most experienced and the attack isn't exactly brimming in terms of scoring power. Tipp have posed difficulties for Cork any time they met them in the last few years and I'd expect more of the same on Saturday.

Quote1. Mark White (Clonakilty)
2. Sam Ryan (St Finbarrs)
3. Jamie O Sullivan (Bishopstown)
4. Micheal McSweeney (Newcestown)
5. Kevin Flahive (Douglas)
6. Kevin Crowley (Millstreet)
7. Brian O Driscoll (Tadhg MacCarthaigh)
8. Ian Maguire (St Finbarrs) Captain
9. Daniel O Callaghan (Clyda Rovers)
10. Sean White (Clonakilty)
11. Sean Powter (Douglas)
12. Ruairi Deane (Bantry Blues)
13. John O Rourke (Carbery Rangers)
14. Mark Collins (Castlehaven)
15. Stephen Sherlock (St Finbarrs)
Subs:
16. Ryan Price (O Donovan Rossa)
17. Eoin Lavers (Dohenys)
18. Conor Dorman (Bishopstown)
19. Tomas Clancy (Fermoy)
20. Kevin O Driscoll (Tadhg MacCarthaigh)
21. Cillian O Hanlon (Kilshannig)
22. Michael Hurley (Castlehaven)
23. Colm O'Neill (Ballyclough)