Gaelic Football - Rules & Regulations discussion/clarification

Started by BennyCake, September 09, 2014, 12:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: onefineday on June 23, 2023, 12:58:15 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 16, 2023, 11:37:52 AM
Need the white spray, for both for the kicker and the lads that don't know how far 13 meters is..

It seemed like McQuillan really emphasised this to Walsh on Sunday ahead of that last free - he put him back to the spot when Walsh had stolen a healthy chunk inwards and then seemed to indicate that he'd be watching to ensure that he didn't go beyond the place where the foul happened.
Yeah in fairness watching it you could see Forker marking the spot and making sure that McQuillan clown knew where the free was from. Surprised Ego Joe didnt move it up more!

imtommygunn

In fairness there was never a player to steal more yards on frees than Oisin McConville so Armagh are due some bad karma there!

Armagh18

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 23, 2023, 11:11:52 AM
In fairness there was never a player to steal more yards on frees than Oisin McConville so Armagh are due some bad karma there!
him and Canavan were the masters lol

Milltown Row2

I've no problem giving yards to both, so can be no complaints on either side, though each opposing team doesn't like it when it's against them but love it when they get it. Strange lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

onefineday

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 23, 2023, 11:11:52 AM
Niall toner for Derry takes some beating.

Wildweasel74

Doesn't actually cross the line of the foul, he walks about 10m bck. Needs all the run up, the size of him, don't understand why Loughlin doest take them like last year.

Milltown Row2

The best way to stop it is to stop taking the frees from the hand. There's a simple rule change that would stop people whinging
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

onefineday

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 25, 2023, 10:20:12 AM
The best way to stop it is to stop taking the frees from the hand. There's a simple rule change that would stop people whinging
Much more accurate off the ground anyway as we discussed on here earlier this year.

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 25, 2023, 10:20:12 AM

Laois lad claimed a mark inside the Down 45 yesterday. From where he caught it to where he actually kicked it there was about a 5 metre difference.

Time for the shaving foam to be brought out.

Blowitupref

Former Clare manager Colm Collins believes the offensive mark rule should be struck from the GAA rule book.

"That offensive mark, I'd have it thrown into the middle of the Atlantic - it's an awful rule,"

"It doesn't enhance the game. It makes the game worse. Instead of a fella coming down and offloading - a la the Bomber in his day giving it to a runner coming at 90 miles per hour - now they're standing up. The whole thing slows down while they try a kick at goal.

"The mark in midfield, I would be for that because I think too often really good fielders would go up, catch the ball and be crowded out when they come down.

"That offensive mark should go as quick as lightning - it's a terrible rule." "The most annoying thing in football is the constant messing with silly rules that make no difference. There's a whole load of rubbish coming in about the kickout - oh God almighty,"

"The only thing I would like to change is that one where if you take the ball past midfield, you cannot go back - you've got to use it. The result would be you have to use it. This kicking back 40 yards and recycling, it should eliminate that, and it would make a difference to the game.

"Everybody that watches football probably has their own little things that they'd like to change to make it more attractive to watch. I'd watch football all day long and I can't understand anybody criticising the fare at all.

"From a football point of view, as pundits, we're very quick to criticise the game. The hurling fraternity are a lot more protective of their sport and are very slow to criticise anything that goes on there. A lot of the time, we're putting in the boot where there's no need to put in the boot."
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Milltown Row2

We ain't criticising hurling because it's grand and the hurling fraternity (not footballers looking in and complaining) are pleased with how it's ref'd and rule's haven't needed to be changed because it's or full of coaches looking to ruin it

onefineday

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 28, 2023, 11:26:48 PM
"The only thing I would like to change is that one where if you take the ball past midfield, you cannot go back - you've got to use it. The result would be you have to use it. This kicking back 40 yards and recycling, it should eliminate that, and it would make a difference to the game.

Heat hear colm, it's gathering momentum! We just have to convince the refs that it won't be too hard for them to police.

Rossfan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 28, 2023, 11:52:44 PM
We ain't criticising hurling because it's grand and the hurling fraternity (not footballers looking in and complaining) are pleased with how it's ref'd and rule's haven't needed to be changed because it's or full of coaches looking to ruin it

Rules don't matter in Hurley stuff because they ignore them anyway.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on June 29, 2023, 08:50:20 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 28, 2023, 11:52:44 PM

Rules don't matter in Hurley stuff because they ignore them anyway.

Like I said, those that are complaining are bog ball enthusiasts who love the sideways 15 men behind the ball counter attacking cynical fouling mouthing choke holding off the ball hitting too many rules game that used to be called Gaelic Football

AustinPowers

If  a player  is on one side of the field  , 1 yard outside the 50 yard  line, and kicks it  across the field , to a  teammate who catches it   1 yard inside the  50 , will a  mark be given?