Derry v Tyrone - Celtic park Sun 22nd May

Started by tyroneman, April 25, 2016, 06:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakleaflad

We haven't a hope. This isn't some kind of reverse psychology either. Things aren't great in camp at the minute and we haven't anywhere near a settled starting 15. I'd be surprised if we get within 5 points.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 26, 2016, 08:19:32 AM
Quote from: screenexile on April 26, 2016, 12:00:52 AM
If there is an ambush the odds should be similar to those of Leicester winning the PL at the start of the season.

We're nowhere near and I can't see who we can bring in or what strategy we can employ where we win. We don't have the players in the first 15 let alone the depth to operate at Tyrone's level.

I was optimistic when the draw was announced that Tyrone weren't as good as their showing last year and that we would improve through the year. In reality Tyrone are close if not in the second tier of teams to challenge Dublin while we've regressed!

The way that Derry can win is to play the game they played the last time they beat Tyrone in the championship with every single man behind the ball. That is probably the only way though...

But that Derry team also had a full forward line of Muldoon and the two Bradleys.

No grounds for optimism in Derry. None whatsoever.

rrhf

Wow this is amazing. Modesty and humbleness are traits not normally associated with Derry men. a modest Derry man is much more frightening.... It's the fear of the Unknown.

ziggysego

I've taken all the fun out of this clash. :(

In serious note, I fully expect Tyrone to come away with a win here. Still, it's Derry. Can't never be too c**k sure.
Testing Accessibility

JoG2

I fully expect Derry to hand Tyrone their arse's on a platter in CP next month. Big Rogers, the McKaigues and Dermot will eat Tyrone's minion forward unit for breakfast. McFaul or Heavron will be pushed up on big Colm so he's not just marking space and looking good. Midfield to break even (big young Bradley is always good for a couple of points to boot) and any combination of big Mark, big Shane, big Caolan or really big Emmet (if fit) to cause damage under the high ball. Goals will be the winning of this hardy, defensive, black / yellow / red card riddled Ulster championship clash...canny wait

Derry by 2

GlenMan

Quote from: JoG2 on April 27, 2016, 02:55:07 PM
I fully expect Derry to hand Tyrone their arse's on a platter in CP next month. Big Rogers, the McKaigues and Dermot will eat Tyrone's minion forward unit for breakfast. McFaul or Heavron will be pushed up on big Colm so he's not just marking space and looking good. Midfield to break even (big young Bradley is always good for a couple of points to boot) and any combination of big Mark, big Shane, big Caolan or really big Emmet (if fit) to cause damage under the high ball. Goals will be the winning of this hardy, defensive, black / yellow / red card riddled Ulster championship clash...canny wait

Derry by 2

lol  ;D :D

screenexile

Derry by 2

Can I have some of whatever it is you're having???

JoG2

Quote from: screenexile on April 27, 2016, 11:04:38 PM

Derry by 2

Can I have some of whatever it is you're having???

You can like fun 'screen,  I've the entire county's supply and she's running low!

theticklemister

Ye love the word 'big' JOG2. Are you over compensating for something??

general_lee

Lol'd at that jog2.. if the tyrone players start believing their own hype derry might have a chance of getting them in the long grass. You know how cocky that lot can be

JoG2

Quote from: theticklemister on April 28, 2016, 08:02:52 AM

Yes!  Mind games tickle.  Did you read Ricey talking about the 'good draw'  Tyrone have in the first round,  sickening arrogance! Mon Derry!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: JoG2 on April 28, 2016, 10:21:41 AM

Yes!  Mind games tickle.  Did you read Ricey talking about the 'good draw'  Tyrone have in the first round,  sickening arrogance! Mon Derry!

Ricey now writes?? Jesus I've heard it all now. Must be a ghostwriter!

GlenMan

Quote from: JoG2 on April 28, 2016, 10:21:41 AM

It is a good draw. It's much better than getting Monaghan or Donegal. We're not saying it's going to be a walkover.

tyroneman

Quote from: JoG2 on April 25, 2016, 07:23:38 PM
Will be terraced,  either behind the goal towards Brandywell or opposite main stand,  either accessible with the same ticket

I assume the bluebell stand is the long one opposite the seats and Brandywell is behind the nets?

J70

Derry by 2

C'mon ye boy ye! ;D