Official Leicester City Thread

Started by Orior, January 28, 2016, 07:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: T Fearon on May 01, 2016, 09:43:17 PM
Leicester have been helped a lot by Chelsea's implosion ,Man Utd in transition,Man City concentrating on Champions League and Spurs the Europa League.

Still there is no arguing that the team that finishes top of the league are deserving champions

Spurs have been concentrating on the Europa League? ;D

T Fearon

Ok,perhaps distracted may have been a better word.

DuffleKing

Leicester's physical effort has been phenomenal. When you consider the work rate, pace and intensity that their game plan requires, that they have managed to remain relatively injury free and run most teams into the ground is startling.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: J70 on May 01, 2016, 09:59:53 PM
Leicester have been helped a lot by Chelsea's implosion ,Man Utd in transition,Man City concentrating on Champions League and Spurs the Europa League.

Still there is no arguing that the team that finishes top of the league are deserving champions

😁

ziggysego

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 01, 2016, 11:34:35 PM

😁

The wrong Tony is called Baloney 😁
Testing Accessibility

dec

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 01, 2016, 04:23:01 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 01, 2016, 03:56:54 PM
Quote from: heganboy on May 01, 2016, 03:48:38 PM
Disagree
Which one? Leicester should have had one in first half.

Spurs don't win tomorrow and Leicester are Champions.

Can't believe I want Chelsea to get somthing out of a game!

I'd prefer Spurs to win that one and for Leicester to clinch it playing at home.

seafoid

They dropped 7 points after EL matches.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

orangeman

Quote from: DuffleKing on May 01, 2016, 11:23:24 PM

Leicester's physical effort has been phenomenal. When you consider the work rate, pace and intensity that their game plan requires, that they have managed to remain relatively injury free and run most teams into the ground is startling.

I haven't been watching much of them to be honest. How have they managed to get their players to work so hard and so intensely over the course of a season and get the results as well ?.

brokencrossbar1

Sorry wobbler but I can't let this go. I have watched full Leicester games this season about 6-7 times. They have been brilliant. I would agree that they have been helped by other factors in terms of the top teams being in transition etc but some of the football they've played has been brilliant. I heard the commentators saying something like they have won 93 points since Christmas 2014. That's not just teams rolling over. Ranieri has them playing a simple system, the likes of Smichael, Wes Brown, Mahrez, Kante, Drinkwater and Vardy have played outstandingly well. They've been helped by the fact that they've played the same team week in week out but they're playing on such a high level of confidence that everything is just falling for them. The thing is that up till the last 3-4 games every team had something to play for as there were about 6/7 teams possibly could be pulled into relegation trouble and 10 or so had a possible shout at Europe.

They have had the advantage of only focusing on one competition but when Arsenal were knocked out they had a shout in the league and shit the nest. Spurs had their best shout for as long as I can remember and shit the nest.

The funny thing is it wouldn't actually surprise me to see them really struggle next year as they will have to seriously strengthen the squad which won't be easy and there will be a serious hangover from this season but this year they have won it purely on merit and thats indesputable.

thewobbler

Saying that Spurs "shit the nest" is lazy analysis BCB.

They've matched Leicester stride for stride ever since the title became a realistic possibility, but when the other challengers (Leicester) never actually lose a game, there isn't ever going to be scope to close the gap.

Rather than shit the nest, the difference in the sides this season boils down to August, when Leicester got off to a flyer, and the Christmas game at WHL, when Leicester had one shot in target, won 1-0, and effectively secured 6 of the current 7 point gap.

Again I've no qualms with Leicester winning the title. It's a wonderful story. But I just can't help thinking they haven't had to work as hard for it over the past couple of months as they really should have. In fairness, they created the situation for this to happen all by themselves, and that's where the real credit lies.

brokencrossbar1

Wobbler they had a gimme game at home to West Brom and bottled it. They had 4 games that they dropped points on in the run in that they clearly prioritised. They took 3 points from games that a team going for a title should be winning. 3 of them were not easy games but they should have picked up more points. Spurs will not get a better chance than this year and they failed, the same way Liverpool failed 2 seasons ago.

seafoid

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 02, 2016, 10:13:18 AM
Wobbler they had a gimme game at home to West Brom and bottled it. They had 4 games that they dropped points on in the run in that they clearly prioritised. They took 3 points from games that a team going for a title should be winning. 3 of them were not easy games but they should have picked up more points. Spurs will not get a better chance than this year and they failed, the same way Liverpool failed 2 seasons ago.
They have been very cool in the run in. Spurs are a more rounded team than Liverpool were so should come again.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

T Fearon

It is not over yet.If Spurs win tonight it will put pressure on Leicester. Pochettino is telling everyone to Believe!

ziggysego

Quote from: T Fearon on May 02, 2016, 11:05:09 AM
It is not over yet.If Spurs win tonight it will put pressure on Leicester. Pochettino is telling everyone to Believe!

No lasagnas for Spurs today then ;)
Testing Accessibility

stew

It ends tonight, I have 20 quid that 2 get sent off in this one.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.