Official Leicester City Thread

Started by Orior, January 28, 2016, 07:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

thewobbler

Quote from: Orior on January 28, 2016, 11:50:52 PM
I'm still unclear as to what exactly is their secret.

Pearson brought in most of the players. Has Ranieri really got the magic touch?

The secret?

At the start of the season, all the mid and lower table teams played into their hands by attacking them and leaving space for Vardy.

then over the last 6-7 weeks, a series of teams have felt duty bound to play their role in Leicester's fairytale.

They're a good team, but going 6 games without conceding in the Premiership just wouldn't be possible if their opponents actuall wanted to beat them.

laoislad

Quote from: heganboy on May 01, 2016, 03:48:38 PM
Disagree
Which one? Leicester should have had one in first half.

Spurs don't win tomorrow and Leicester are Champions.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: laoislad on May 01, 2016, 03:56:54 PM
Disagree

Another draw I reckon tomorrow. Would like to see Leicester officially win the title on their home patch though.

Farrandeelin

Disagree

Can't believe I want Chelsea to get somthing out of a game!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

T Fearon

Leicester taking a long time to close this.A win against Chelsea tomorrow puts Spurs right back in the mix🤗

muppet

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 01, 2016, 04:23:01 PM
Disagree

Can't believe I want Chelsea to get somthing out of a game!

An STD?
MWWSI 2017

rrhf

Agreed football as a sport was still at a much better level than today as soccer has been in decline for more than 10 years now.
Forest till I die

T Fearon

Did Forest not spend relatively big to strengthen their squad in the summer of 1977,when they got to Division One,buying the likes of Shilton,Gemmill,O'Hare and Burns? Also in those days all you had to worry about was finishing above Liverpool to win the title.

Great achievement but Leicester,if they do pip Spurs to the title,it will be equally as good an achievement.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: thewobbler on May 01, 2016, 03:54:25 PM

The secret?

At the start of the season, all the mid and lower table teams played into their hands by attacking them and leaving space for Vardy.

then over the last 6-7 weeks, a series of teams have felt duty bound to play their role in Leicester's fairytale.

They're a good team, but going 6 games without conceding in the Premiership just wouldn't be possible if their opponents actuall wanted to beat them.

Spurs fan?

thewobbler

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on May 01, 2016, 09:14:45 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on May 01, 2016, 03:54:25 PM

The secret?

Spurs fan?

No doubing I've a bias towards Spurs.

But still. 6 games without conceding. Upwards on 90% of referee coin tosses going their way. Playing an entire season with basically 14 players, which says in itself that nobody has kicked them around. Opposing players coming out and saying that they'll be cheering on Leicester.

I can understand why the average football fan wouldn't care. It's still a great story. An unbelievable story. But i just can't keep thinking it's been easier for them than it should have been.

T Fearon

Leicester have been helped a lot by Chelsea's implosion ,Man Utd in transition,Man City concentrating on Champions League and Spurs the Europa League.

Still there is no arguing that the team that finishes top of the league are deserving champions

From the Bunker

Quote from: T Fearon on May 01, 2016, 09:43:17 PM
Leicester have been helped a lot by Chelsea's implosion ,Man Utd in transition,Man City concentrating on Champions League and Spurs the Europa League.

Still there is no arguing that the team that finishes top of the league are deserving champions

Oh yes you can point to all this, but all the teams you mention have huge squads to deal with this? You could have taken Liverpool, Everton, Southampton, West Ham out of all competitions and they would have hardly fared any better in the League?

thewobbler

Quote from: T Fearon on May 01, 2016, 09:43:17 PM

See I'd suggest that the drop in standards by United, City, Chelsea and Arsenal has had more to do with the middle getting thicker than the top getting thinner. Those 4 have still got the best players but the gap is no longer as significant, meaning they have to be consistently good in order to win things (this wasn't always the case; many a side was beaten before they arrived in Manchester).

For me this makes Leicester's achievement even ore startling, and actually, even more of an anomaly. No doubt Vardy having the season of a lifetime has played a major part - but it's most strange why teams who can manage to score everywhere else in the country look like they're up against a force field in Leicester.