Oscars

Started by Niall Quinn, February 22, 2008, 06:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Watched the wrestler and thought it was shit. If you like looking at the back or Rourke's head then this is the film for you.

leenie

i was disappointed for martin mc donagh for losing out on screenplay....

i thought it was a great show, not as pretentious as some years! thought jennifer anniston and jack black were very good together plus she looked stunning...

hugh jackman done a great job

all in all i thought it was very good, and again loved how humble danny boyle was.
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Puckoon

Quote from: Derry Dolly on February 23, 2009, 01:46:18 PM
Quote from: Schkite on February 23, 2009, 12:55:41 PM
Rourke did win most of the awards leading up to the Oscars, but crucially Penn won the SAG best actor award(Screen Actors Guild), which is apparently more of a sign of who willl win the Oscar than the Golden Globes, as it's voted for by most of the same people that votes for the Oscars. Still a big shock that Rourke didn't win though.

supposed to be but streep won best actress at SAG and then winslet won the oscar so...didnt know who i wanted to win there!

Are you sure about that? Winslet did win something huge at the SAG ( I was half sleeping) but her blubbering on will stay with me for a while.

leenie

my favourite outfits from the oscars

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Schkite

Quote from: Puckoon on February 23, 2009, 06:56:57 PM
Rourke did win most of the awards leading up to the Oscars, but crucially Penn won the SAG best actor award(Screen Actors Guild), which is apparently more of a sign of who willl win the Oscar than the Golden Globes, as it's voted for by most of the same people that votes for the Oscars. Still a big shock that Rourke didn't win though.

supposed to be but streep won best actress at SAG and then winslet won the oscar so...didnt know who i wanted to win there!

Are you sure about that? Winslet did win something huge at the SAG ( I was half sleeping) but her blubbering on will stay with me for a while.

She might have won the best supporting award. I remember hearing someone say the Oscars was the first award that this particular role(the one she won for), was in the best leading actress category, all the others it was down as supporting, hence how she won two globes.

Derry Dolly

Quote from: Schkite on February 23, 2009, 10:50:45 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on February 23, 2009, 06:56:57 PM

She might have won the best supporting award. I remember hearing someone say the Oscars was the first award that this particular role(the one she won for), was in the best leading actress category, all the others it was down as supporting, hence how she won two globes.

yeah she won both best supporting and best actress at the golden globes, and possibly best supporting at SAG cos streep def won best actress cos she was in shock when she did becos winslet seemed to be cleaning up everywere else!

Denn Forever

I'm surprisedthat there has been very little on this.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/oscars/9108829/Oscars-2012-father-and-daughter-share-the-spoils.html

Oscars 2012: father and daughter share the spoils
Northern Ireland director Terry George provided the only homegrown triumph at the Oscars with his short film, The Shore.

Oorlagh and Terry George, winners the Best Short Film Award for 'The Shore,' pose in the press room Photo: AP By Anita Singh, Showbusiness Editor
2:39PM GMT 27 Feb 2012
13 Comments
George co-produced the film with his daughter, Oorlagh, making them the first father-daughter pairing to win an Oscar.

"I'd like to thank the Academy because now I don't have to wait for her wedding to tell the world how brilliant she is," George joked.

The Shore won the award for best live action short film, providing some cheer on a night that saw British hopes in the acting categories - in the form of Gary Oldman, Kenneth Branagh and Janet McTeer - come to nothing.

It was written and directed by Belfast-born George and stars Northern Irish actors Ciaran Hinds and Conleth Hill as two men reunited 25 years after the Troubles tore their friendship apart.

George has form at the Oscars: he has been nominated twice before, for the screenplays of In The Name of the Father and Hotel Rwanda
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

BennyCake

Another cringefest. The oscars and Super Bowl must be the most annoying times of the year.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Denn Forever on February 28, 2012, 11:13:27 AM
I'm surprisedthat there has been very little on this.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/oscars/9108829/Oscars-2012-father-and-daughter-share-the-spoils.html

Oscars 2012: father and daughter share the spoils
Northern Ireland director Terry George provided the only homegrown triumph at the Oscars with his short film, The Shore.

Oorlagh and Terry George, winners the Best Short Film Award for 'The Shore,' pose in the press room Photo: AP By Anita Singh, Showbusiness Editor
2:39PM GMT 27 Feb 2012
13 Comments
George co-produced the film with his daughter, Oorlagh, making them the first father-daughter pairing to win an Oscar.

"I'd like to thank the Academy because now I don't have to wait for her wedding to tell the world how brilliant she is," George joked.

The Shore won the award for best live action short film, providing some cheer on a night that saw British hopes in the acting categories - in the form of Gary Oldman, Kenneth Branagh and Janet McTeer - come to nothing.

It was written and directed by Belfast-born George and stars Northern Irish actors Ciaran Hinds and Conleth Hill as two men reunited 25 years after the Troubles tore their friendship apart.

George has form at the Oscars: he has been nominated twice before, for the screenplays of In The Name of the Father and Hotel Rwanda

He fixed that last night
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Salma Hayek,Halle Berry both 56 years young looking well on the red carpet.

Plenty of Irish interest in tonight's Oscars, don't think any Oscars will be won by them.

dec

An Irish Goodbye won best live action short movie

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: dec on March 13, 2023, 12:59:43 AM
An Irish goodbye soon best love action short movie

Took me a while, but have deciphered this

'An Irish Goodbye' won the Oscar for Best Live Action Short Film
Hasta la victoria siempre

dec

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on March 13, 2023, 01:36:40 AM
Quote from: dec on March 13, 2023, 12:59:43 AM
An Irish goodbye soon best love action short movie

Took me a while, but have deciphered this

'An Irish Goodbye' won the Oscar for Best Live Action Short Film

So I should read my posts before clicking post

Capt Pat

Banshees of Inisherin went home empty handed after receiving 9 nominations. It wasn't a great movie to be fair.

RedHand88

Tom cruise and James Cameron didn't even go. They know what it's become.