Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Estimator

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 15, 2023, 11:11:53 PM
Who scored the penalties in the McKenna cup against Down, much change from yesterday (McFaul obviously)

Shane McGuigan, Paul Cassidy, Conor Doherty, Padraig McGrogan and Niall Toner.

McGrogan and Toner both missed that day.
Ulster League Champions 2009

naka

Quote from: twohands!!! on May 15, 2023, 11:10:30 PM

An Armagh player was allegedly 'bitten' by a Derry opponent during Sunday's dramatic Ulster senior football final in Clones.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-41139958.html
Incident has  been passed about WhatsApp
If it goes to ccc  Derry may lose its best forward , wonder was that why Rian pushed him given he was the one bitten.

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/2023/05/16/jim-mcguinness-i-was-deeply-saddened-to-read-the-social-media-post-that-shocked-the-country/

But Derry had found a way during extra-time to stay alive in the contest, driven on by the likes of Glass, who is a real clutch-moment player – his fetch in the middle of the park late on was exceptional.
For Armagh, they will have left Clones knowing they are capable of competing with the top teams. And in Rian O'Neill they possess one of the best forwards in the business, his contribution on Sunday only enhanced his growing reputation in the game.

smelmoth

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 15, 2023, 11:04:41 PM
Well if you don't think they are true, why post them, about time people dealt in facts only, not I heard from this mucker. All this rumour shit the way Trump edged himself to power in America by spreading enough misinformation.

You understand the word "if"?

Another poster makes an allegation. I comment that the allegation is serious but state that I don't know if it's true or not but that it seems unlikely given the wider circumstances. I can't see what your problem with that is. Surely it is the purpose of the Discussion Board. I have also stated that posters shouldn't be making things up or pushing stories that the know to be false. I have went as far as calling the scumbags if the allegations are false. Do again I don't see what your difficulty is.

Armagh18

Quote from: naka on May 16, 2023, 07:32:35 AM

An Armagh player was allegedly 'bitten' by a Derry opponent during Sunday's dramatic Ulster senior football final in Clones.

If it goes to ccc  Derry may lose its best forward , wonder was that why Rian pushed him given he was the one bitten.
seen the video there, hard to tell tbh but doesn't look great.

naka

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 16, 2023, 10:25:58 AM
Quote from: naka on May 16, 2023, 07:32:35 AM

seen the video there, hard to tell tbh but doesn't look great.
genuinely though it was clear enough
and agree it really doesnt look great from the derry point of view

screenexile

If you can see a bite from the coverage good luck to you. I can see his head buried into O'Neill's chest but is it a clear bite??

Armagh18

Quote from: screenexile on May 16, 2023, 10:35:37 AM
If you can see a bite from the coverage good luck to you. I can see his head buried into O'Neill's chest but is it a clear bite??
Can't clearly tell but I doubt Rian imagined it. Only ones that know are the 2 lads tbh.

Keyser soze

I watched the game last night, when going up for the toss at penalty time O'Neill lifted his shirt and showed ref a mark on his chest, I wondered what was going on with that, maybe a more knowledgeable poster could put the clip up. 

Armagh18

Quote from: Keyser soze on May 16, 2023, 10:58:35 AM
I watched the game last night, when going up for the toss at penalty time O'Neill lifted his shirt and showed ref a mark on his chest, I wondered what was going on with that, maybe a more knowledgeable poster could put the clip up.
Yeah that video was doing the rounds on whatsapp.

p3427977

Any link to the video on twitter? I noticed O'Neill complaining to the ref. Did it happen when he tried to pull McGuigans head off in the 2nd half of ET?

Fuzzman

Did you also notice than after it happened and the free for McGuigan was moved forward, he looks back at O'Neill to see if anything was happening.
If he showed the bite mark to the ref then you'd imagine it will be in the ref's report and it would be hard for the CCCC to just ignore it.

Yeah happened on 18th min of ET when O'Neill clattered into it and they had a bit of a hug

yellowcard

The video footage is inconclusive but I suspect that there may have been something in it and it would not be very hard to prove or disprove. If Rian O'Neill showed any teeth marks to Gough and he subsequently put it in his report then McGuigan will be serving a ban. 

Harold Disgracey

Watched it on the iPlayer at 2.51.30 Rian lifts his jersey while talking to David Gough and points to his chest. Gough will obviously have mentioned it in his report.

lenny

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on May 16, 2023, 11:39:56 AM
Watched it on the iPlayer at 2.51.30 Rian lifts his jersey while talking to David Gough and points to his chest. Gough will obviously have mentioned it in his report.

It's very clear from the footage that O'Neill deserves a ban. It's a very aggressive push in McGuigans back which could've caused a serious injury and then he wraps his arms around Shane's neck and pulls him in.