Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Football wise I honestly thought Derry would win by 10+. Now I think it's right in the balance. Derry camp is bound to be all over the place. Players have sisters and mothers. What must they be thinking?
Armagh have as a good of chance as ever.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: David McKeown on May 12, 2023, 04:40:56 PM
Quote from: Itchy on May 12, 2023, 02:33:32 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on May 12, 2023, 02:16:40 PM
Quote from: Itchy on May 12, 2023, 02:12:46 PM
Gallagher is a volunteer on paper who gets "expenses". They can cut him loose at any time. He has no working contract.

I wouldn't like to be a county board and have to test that.

I wouldnt say it is a big thing at all, managers are "sacked" all the time and I don't recall there ever being an unfair dismissal case taken against the county board. I suppose unless Gallagher is employed as something else official in Derry which would change things for sure.

I still wouldn't want to test it. Tribunals can, will and have gotten involved in the past in scenarios where people are "only receiving expenses" or don't have a written contract. Like most things though it would likely be fact specific and depend on a lot of factors.

Too many wannabe Jamie Bryson's on here that know better than you David.

pbat

The most ridiculous comment on here was Derry by 10+.

The Trap

Ulster Council, Derry County Board and Croke Park met yesterday and outcome was to carry on as normal as this is a private matter

At Derry training everything is carrying on as normal.

Unless something new is presented RG will be there on Sunday.

Will he carry on as normal and will the spectators?

p3427977

Quote from: The Trap on May 12, 2023, 05:42:57 PM
Ulster Council, Derry County Board and Croke Park met yesterday and outcome was to carry on as normal as this is a private matter

Mind me asking about your source for the first paragraph?

trailer

Captain Obvious

Quote from: pbat on May 12, 2023, 05:41:13 PM
The most ridiculous comment on here was Derry by 10+.

Posted by trailer who's well known for posting ridiculous comments.

naka

seafoid

It isn't a private matter. Private mattering couldn't fix it. It's in the national outrage machine.
https://twitter.com/a4cderry/status/1656949925991645184

trueblue1234

I see the woman who was with Nicola in Clones has posted up a comment now as well.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

full moon

Quote from: seafoid on May 12, 2023, 06:06:01 PM

It isn't a private matter. Private mattering couldn't fix it. It's in the national outrage machine.
https://twitter.com/a4cderry/status/1656949925991645184
Why do you keep posting some miniscule Twitter account claiming there is protests in the works and referencing rugby trial?

Some on here just stirring the pot.

seafoid

During the Ulster Rugby trial with a high level of interest from women's groups the IRFU was on a shaky scraw because they couldn't sack the players while the case continued or afterwards when they were acquitted. They got a get out of jail card when an Ulster match at the Kingspan was picketed by protestors. This brought in sponsors and the image of the game, 2 immovable forces. I don't think the Derry County Board could have done anything since Wednesday, given the response to the Facebook post. Everyone is waiting to see what happens on Sunday.

NotedObserver

Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 12, 2023, 06:11:13 PM
I see the woman who was with Nicola in Clones has posted up a comment now as well.

What she say? If others get behind going to have to act

Eire90

has it got anything  to do with the sdlp are they just looking for attention.

Sportacus

Quote from: God14 on May 12, 2023, 04:28:21 PM
The SDLP have now called for Gallagher to stand down on Sunday.
That would be the dam continuing to burst - what a surprise.  Derry CB are making am awful balls of this.  They needed to be decisive and step him aside. Instead they are dithering their way along rather than owning the situation.  Derry GAA reputation is going to be very badly tarnished.  Any women on the CB?  Unfair maybe, but this will keep throwing up angle after angle in a very negative way.  It won't go away, unless they make it go away.