Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotedObserver

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 11, 2023, 10:56:18 PM
When's the last game Armagh played to their potential, they been poor all league, beat few teams at the bottom end of Division 1.I still think alot of Armagh confidence based on the way they played against Galway last year. I actually Armagh went bck since that. Derry will force the kickout which Rafferty not good at, and I Think Derry way stronger in Midfield. Unless Armagh score couple of goals of high balls I got Derry by 5.

Armagh can match them at midfield for sure. Think Armagh the bigger side but Derry have their game plan down to a fine art. If Armagh can track runners and hit it long they have a great chance.
You'd be confident Derry will show up and play but Armagh not sure which side will turn up. Derry can be got it if brave and switched on enough to do so.

Wildweasel74

ck

Lavey Camogs all handed back their Ulster Final tickets in protest with Gallagher continuing as Derry manager.

Eire90

was actually thinking derry might be good shout for all ireland

Wildweasel74

Nope, short a few forwards, maybe a defender, plus about 3 coming off the bench.

Captain Obvious

Armagh this year against three of the so called All Ireland contenders

- Drew with Mayo
- lost to Kerry by 1 point, held them to 0-12 and David Clifford,Sean O'Shea scoreless from play.
- lost to Galway by 2 points,  1-8 conceded and the goal a bit of giveaway late on.

Would Derry have fared much better against those three this year?

David McKeown

As I was asked I will clarify a few matters. To be clear I am talking generally and not about this case.

1. If PSNI receive a criminal complaint they are obligated to investigate all reasonable lines of enquiry leading to and away from an accused.

2. Having investigated they can either charge a matter to court or report a matter. In both scenarios they are obligated to submit a file to the PPS with a recommendation either to prosecute or not to prosecute.  Regardless of whether there is a recommendation to prosecute or not all decisions on whether to bring or continue proceedings are made by the PPS.

3. The PPS discharge their function by applying a two stage test. If either stage is failed there will be no prosecution. The first stage is the evidential test where the PPS must decide if the admissible available is such that there is a reasonable prospect of conviction. If not a no prosecution decision will enter. The second stage is is it in the public interest to bring a prosecution.  This stage is usually met if the first stage is met because it is in the public interest to prosecute people for crimes save in limited circumstances.

4. The PPS are limited to offences that were in force at the time of the alleged offending. Some of these offences for example common assault have strict time limits (six months) and others require medical evidence or other forms of corroboration.

5. Domestic violence law was radically overhauled in February 2022 in response to complaints about its ineffectiveness. The overhaul can not be retrospective.

6. It is impossible and unfair to draw any inference from a decision not to prosecute on the basis the insufficient evidence. That includes inferences about either the complainant or the defendant.

7.  Any accused remains innocent until proven guilty.

8.  Any accused has a right to silence and can not be sacked for exercising that right. Whether an employee can be suspended pending investigation will depend on a myriad of factors as I mentioned early.

9. Save for the result it is inappropriate to discuss anything about a family case including the reasoning for a decision or the views on any person or body corporate involved.

Hope that clarifies anything needing clarified
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

seafoid

This story has oxygen. Second article in the Irish Times which was the most popular online on Thursday night. There was nothing on Wednesday
https://www.irishtimes.com/ireland/2023/05/11/domestic-abuse-allegations-against-derry-manager-rory-gallagher-were-investigated-by-psni/

The story is of interest both to GAA fans and women so it has quite a reach.
The pieces don't even have to have much fresh content or differ much from what the competitor are saying .
And because it's a developing story people will come back for more.
From the newspaper point of view it's great clickbait.

I can see an interview with Mrs Gallagher as a Saturday feature.

jmcgdoire

You have to assume that Armaghs game plan is to kick the ball in. Its no secret that Derry has struggled with that all year, most obviously against dublin in the league final.
Reckon Armagh try a few of these early to feel out the Derry defence.

Wildweasel74

Dublin got 1 goal from the high ball, which was a plain as day square ball as the lad had came from behind the keeper, and he was near on the line, when he started to move out.

clonian

Quote from: jmcgdoire on May 12, 2023, 08:17:04 AM
You have to assume that Armaghs game plan is to kick the ball in. Its no secret that Derry has struggled with that all year, most obviously against dublin in the league final.
Reckon Armagh try a few of these early to feel out the Derry defence.

Armagh keeping a man or 2 in and that treat of the long pass keeps the Derry keeper out of the play too or at least limits it

seafoid

You would imagine that Armagh should be focusing on

1. High balls in
2. Sledging

The nuclear option would be shirt sponsorship by #Ibelieveher

jmcgdoire

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 12, 2023, 08:21:21 AM
Dublin got 1 goal from the high ball, which was a plain as day square ball as the lad had came from behind the keeper, and he was near on the line, when he started to move out.

Derry were in trouble every time the ball was kicked in to Con (granted that's Con)

jmcgdoire

Quote from: larryin89 on May 12, 2023, 08:52:48 AM
Quote from: jmcgdoire on May 12, 2023, 08:33:59 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 12, 2023, 08:21:21 AM

Derry were in trouble every time the ball was kicked in to Con (granted that's Con)

Distasteful comment and no need

Sorry i might have overstepped there. My sincere apologies to you and anyone else offended by what I wrote

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .