Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smelmoth

Quote from: full moon on May 11, 2023, 03:52:23 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 11, 2023, 03:41:17 PM
Quote from: full moon on May 11, 2023, 03:21:13 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 11, 2023, 03:14:47 PM
This isn't going away and pleads of let's get back to football won't work.
TV on Sunday has to discuss this in the build up. Ignoring it makes them at best look like clowns, at worst complicit in how DV is covered up and dealt with in Ireland.

I'd love nothing more than to wind up the Armagh legion on here, believe me but this is front page news and will pull people into the discussion who wouldn't know who or what was happening on Sunday.

TV cannot touch this with a bargepole, RTE or BBC would be sued into the next millennium and they know it.

What is there too discuss on TV and to what end? RTE in particular have been sued for libel numerous times.

The baying mob on here need to get a grip

It leads the BBC NI news. How is that not touching it with a barge pole??

I would be confident that BBC won't be doing fan vox pops but not mentioning the manager not turning up or the manager turning up and it having a material impact on the atmosphere would be impossible.

Clones is a dump. The game is there because of the atmosphere. Not mentioning the atmosphere would be impossible. Watching the Armagh vs Down there was significant comment on the atmosphere and not just during the Orla Bannon pitchside stuff.

I really can't see where you are coming from on this one.

The interviews with the Ladies after there came could be interesting.

There is a difference between careful reporting on the news ala the papers and some sort of circus act debate on TV football pundits which was some posters seem to be clamouring for.

I think some on here just love the drama of this and the chance to destroy a man they already dislike while feeling morally righteous.

You are talking absolute nonsense.

Your words were BBC can't touch this. They already are.

You now say they can't have a "a circus act debate". Who exactly was advocating that they should? Who beloved there was any likelihood of some sort of Jerry Springer type debate. You are making up arguments in order to defeat them.

WT4E

Quote from: armaghniac on May 11, 2023, 03:51:52 PM
Quote from: High Fielder on May 11, 2023, 03:43:07 PM
Gallagher has a Residence Order for the 3 children. That says a lot to me. I'm not disbelieving the girl, but those looking to burn Gallagher are premature. There's s lot more to this story than that Facebook post imo

The post from his wife mentioned that she had turned to alcohol, this would clearly be an issue if she was seeking custody of the children.

It would the wife who I would throw my support to.based on what we know at this stage. I wouldn't put any weight on the fact he has custody of the kids based on the detailed account of what he put her through.

Football is a side show here. Gallagher in my opinion is now making it worse by not denying whilst not stepping away from football until resolved. Derry Co board look the worst. SPINELESS.

football ahead of everything in Derry

trueblue1234

TV on Sunday has to discuss this in the build up. Ignoring it makes them at best look like clowns, at worst complicit in how DV is covered up and dealt with in Ireland.

I'd love nothing more than to wind up the Armagh legion on here, believe me but this is front page news and will pull people into the discussion who wouldn't know who or what was happening on Sunday.

TV cannot touch this with a bargepole, RTE or BBC would be sued into the next millennium and they know it.

What is there too discuss on TV and to what end? RTE in particular have been sued for libel numerous times.

I would be confident that BBC won't be doing fan vox pops but not mentioning the manager not turning up or the manager turning up and it having a material impact on the atmosphere would be impossible.

Clones is a dump. The game is there because of the atmosphere. Not mentioning the atmosphere would be impossible. Watching the Armagh vs Down there was significant comment on the atmosphere and not just during the Orla Bannon pitchside stuff.

There is a difference between careful reporting on the news ala the papers and some sort of circus act debate on TV football pundits which was some posters seem to be clamouring for.

I think some on here just love the drama of this and the chance to destroy a man they already dislike while feeling morally righteous.

FFS it was already pointed out to you that no one has claimed he's guilty. But you seem to want to slip behind that cover to shut down any discussions. People are pointing out that given the allegations, he should step aside to prevent this circus from continuing into Sunday and Derry's preparations. And it will be mentioned by the bbc. It already has been. And I'm sure they'll have a very short, scripted conversation at the start about it, without discussing guilt. They definitely will not just ignore it. They can't.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Armagh18

Quote from: clonian on May 11, 2023, 03:47:06 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 11, 2023, 03:31:05 PM
All be sorted if RG shows some thought to Derry GAA and removes himself from the circus. It won't go away as a result. But defuses the atmosphere for Sunday to a degree. I think that's the fairest way from all parties. From speaking to a few Derry wans, they aren't keen to have him on the line. And some of the posters on here seem to be the same. There's enough doubt now and imo he shouldn't be there. Think it's time for him to read the room a bit better and put Derry first.

Derry should be thinking about their reputation if something goes off on Sunday. He's been known to give players and opposition managers shit before all this comes out, a reaction could on Sunday could cause all sorts. I noticed him roaring something at Conor McManus against Monaghan, I think Conor Laverty and him were at it in the McKenna Cup if I remember correctly.
You can bury your head in the sand all you want but if you think some (not all) Armagh players are not already thinking of something to say to him or the Derry players you're mad. As for the shit he'll get from behind the wire...
And I don't mean that as a dig at Armagh, every county/club would be at it ffs
He be doing well to get out with his teeth you'd imagine...

Armagh18

Gallagher has a Residence Order for the 3 children. That says a lot to me. I'm not disbelieving the girl, but those looking to burn Gallagher are premature. There's s lot more to this story than that Facebook post imo

The post from his wife mentioned that she had turned to alcohol, this would clearly be an issue if she was seeking custody of the children.
Yeah the custody thing means nothing in terms of guilty or not

smelmoth

Quote from: full moon on May 11, 2023, 04:00:45 PM
It says a lot to me also, anyone with knowledge of legal system knows how rare it is for fathers to get custody of children over mothers. Rarely ever happens.

But heres an element in society now that think that anything a woman says is gospel truth and much be treated as such, and screw the legal system or actual evidence, nothing but mob mentality on social media, with keyboards instead of pitchforks.

Dreadful post.

The woman has a problem with alcohol. She says so herself. Likelihood of getting custody was low.

She links the alcohol issue to the abuse she alleges. It hardly weakens her account. Meanwhile the statement issued by Gallagher does not deny the allegations but does focus on the custody issue. Neither of us know the absolute truth or where this is going to end.

full moon

Quote from: smelmoth on May 11, 2023, 04:09:57 PM

You now say they can't have a "a circus act debate". Who exactly was advocating that they should? Who beloved there was any likelihood of some sort of Jerry Springer type debate. You are making up arguments in order to defeat them.

You seem to be unable to understand, if you think reporting a statement on news, is the same as football pundits discussing it. Discuss was the original term, debate. If you think BBC or RTE will debate or discuss this stuff in like some sort of pub chatter you're clueless

Why on earth do you want it discussed on the Sunday game? You seem to be in love with the drama, get a grip of yourself.

High Fielder

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 11, 2023, 04:12:37 PM

I didn't say it did. But I'm more persuaded by the fact that he has the kids. I don't know anything about the girl. She might be the most genuine person in the world or a woman scorned

smelmoth

Quote from: full moon on May 11, 2023, 04:15:56 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 11, 2023, 04:09:57 PM

You seem to be unable to understand, if you think reporting a statement on news, is the same as football pundits discussing it. Discuss was the original term, debate. If you think BBC or RTE will debate or discuss this stuff in like some sort of pub chatter you're clueless

Why on earth do you want it discussed on the Sunday game? You seem to be in love with the drama, get a grip of yourself.

Where did I say I expected or even wanted BBC or RTE to discuss this like some sort of pub chatter?

seafoid

She was probably under the water when he got the kids anyway and unable to prove anything.

naka

Quote from: High Fielder on May 11, 2023, 04:17:14 PM

I didn't say it did. But I'm more persuaded by the fact that he has the kids. I don't know anything about the girl. She might be the most genuine person in the world or a woman scorned
That's the point
We don't know the situation
We do know that if RG is on the line all manner of vile abuse will
Be thrown at him in the cauldron of battle
Tv will love the drama

No one will win in this scenario
It's just a desperate situation for all concerned and in that I include the county board

Genuinely on the football side  think Armagh will win
No reasoning just a feeling of confidence !

trailer

Quote from: full moon on May 11, 2023, 04:08:40 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 11, 2023, 03:59:46 PM

It should be a debate on Derry's preparation which has been overshowed by these allegations. How will it have affected the camp? That is a question I would expect to be asked at the very least.

Thats a question that will probably be discussed in the pubs in Clones and elsewhere, not on national TV!

QuoteIf Rory had some credit in the bank, perhaps he was a little more reserved. Perhaps if he held values of the GAA closer to his heart, like community, volunteerism. If he was more of a sportsman, then maybe some people might like him a little more.

I think thats an unfair comment, I'm sure he's volunteered as much hours of his time as anyone on this board. I think it's obvious you and many others already really dislike the man for sideline antics.

It's absolutely not unfair. Rory is a big boy. If he acts like a dose on the line he cannot expect all people to like and respect him.
You can hope and wish that TV doesn't talk about it, but there will be female pundits on TV on Sunday and whatever about Murphy and McConville ignoring it, they girls won't and neither should they.

Wildweasel74

I wonder would half the lads post the stuff they do on here, if they weren't all hiding behind aliases. Armagh supporters all confident of winning, yet don't know what they base it on, any neutral seems to have Derry edging it.

LC

Re the NG post one of the things I though strange that even at 18 this behaviour was apparently going on, f@#k me doing A levels with two black eyes.  Surely the alarm bells would have been ringing then.

naka

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 11, 2023, 04:30:38 PM
I wonder would half the lads post the stuff they do on here, if they weren't all hiding behind aliases. Armagh supporters all confident of winning, yet don't know what they base it on, any neutral seems to have Derry edging it.
Tbf most Armagh posters  on the board are pretty level headed about the sad situation
Other newbie posters are a lot more vocal
I think we will win , jeez as a supporter spending your money one is entitled to be confident.