Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourne Red

Derry GAA were contacted for comment regarding the allegations and asked if they had spoken to Mr. Gallagher and if he would be involved.

In a short statement a spokesperson for Derry GAA said: ""Derry GAA condemns all forms of domestic violence. We encourage anyone who has experienced domestic violence to report it to the relevant authorities immediately."

Them fences Derry Co Board are sitting on for meetings must be comfortable

Itchy

I think you can see where this is going. Derry GAA are going to come out of this looking very bad indeed.

Wildweasel74

Well he has said, which I stated previous, that this had come up in the various court case between both parties. Don't know either, not from round that part of the country to know what everybody else knew.

Armagh18

Quote from: Itchy on May 11, 2023, 11:27:04 AM
I think you can see where this is going. Derry GAA are going to come out of this looking very bad indeed.
Burying their heads by the looks of it. You'd think by now they'd have been able to get legal advice/speak to croke park. Would imagine/hope it will change by Sunday

smort

This is only going to get worse after these statements this morning

IronMike247

Quote from: trailer on May 11, 2023, 11:17:56 AM
https://www.impartialreporter.com/news/23514420.rory-gallagher-responds-domestic-abuse-allegations/
Who are his solicitors, and where has their statement been released? Is it just to the media outlet above?

How do statements through solicitors usually work in these cases?
Similarly I haven't seen anything directly from Derry GAA, just what was cited above.

trailer

Quote from: smort on May 11, 2023, 11:29:59 AM
This is only going to get worse after these statements this morning

I agree.

uimhr ocht

It looks like these allegations have been dealt with by the authorities, people will form an opinion agree or  disagree with Doire and Gallagher s statement,it's time to talk about the game on Sunday now.

tbrick18

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 11, 2023, 11:28:55 AM
Burying their heads by the looks of it. You'd think by now they'd have been able to get legal advice/speak to croke park. Would imagine/hope it will change by Sunday

Perhaps the legal advice is to say nothing as it's an issue outside of Derry football? I don't know....what can they say?
I don't think they can condemn RG outright if he says it has been investigated and there's nothing to see here.
If they suspend him, it's as good as saying we think your are guilty even if investigations have come and gone.
If they make a statement and say they support him, it could backfire.
So perhaps the safe play from Derry County Board is say nothing and let it play out.

tbrick18

Quote from: uimhr ocht on May 11, 2023, 11:46:50 AM
It looks like these allegations have been dealt with by the authorities, people will form an opinion agree or  disagree with Doire and Gallagher s statement,it's time to talk about the game on Sunday now.

100%.

High Fielder

It's important to remember that these are allegations only. It's a sensitive situation, and it will be interesting to see if the Facebook post stays up

Armagh18

Quote from: tbrick18 on May 11, 2023, 11:46:57 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 11, 2023, 11:28:55 AM

Perhaps the legal advice is to say nothing as it's an issue outside of Derry football? I don't know....what can they say?
I don't think they can condemn RG outright if he says it has been investigated and there's nothing to see here.
If they suspend him, it's as good as saying we think your are guilty even if investigations have come and gone.
If they make a statement and say they support him, it could backfire.
So perhaps the safe play from Derry County Board is say nothing and let it play out.
Maybe. Smart move for all parties would be for him to step aside for now citing personal issues. Sunday will get ugly now if nothing changes. 

God14

Jesus i hope Armagh get stuck into these on Sunday. 31 counties behind Armagh on Sunday, and each game therafter

oakleaflad

Once the ball is thrown in the players will be focused on the game. If Armagh beat us it'll be fair and square. I see the bookies have us favorites but I see it as a 50/50 game. Be interesting to see who McKaigue picks up, and likewise who marks McGuigan.