Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: Substandard on May 10, 2023, 06:07:40 PM
The further you read into it, the more questions arise.  If true, then he's a monster.  If it's not- and it's very hard to imagine that scenario- then they are horrible allegations.

One thing that is particularly concerning and, frankly, worrying, is part of the narrative suggests that this was all well known, and known for a long time, in different places. 
If this is true, then how was it possible to hide in plain sight for so long?
How many knew it was 'common knowledge', and how could it happen over a prolonged time and nothing was ever done? 

The entire scenario is bizarre, It's been stuck in my head all day, especially since reading suggestions that the allegations could possibly be spurious,  which would mean a whole other response emotionally.  My initial response was to take it at face value, and I still can't see far beyond that.  Whatever transpires, I hope that other victims of domestic violence would be able to break the cycle and get out and get help.

That's what I was getting at too. Not hard for rumours to get about online yet this never appeared. As for mods banning etc., what's the difference in what's happened since yesterday i.e. serious unfounded allegations on this board and others.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

God14

Quote from: trailer on May 10, 2023, 10:07:39 PM
Derry not looking good in all this. Slow response helps no one.

So many implications, wonder what's going through the sponsors mind at the moment. Do they have to get involved?

Very shoddy from Derry, it's almost 24hrs.Even for amateur volunteers on the Co board.

trueblue1234

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 10, 2023, 10:23:12 PM
The further you read into it, the more questions arise.  If true, then he's a monster.  If it's not- and it's very hard to imagine that scenario- then they are horrible allegations.

One thing that is particularly concerning and, frankly, worrying, is part of the narrative suggests that this was all well known, and known for a long time, in different places. 
How many knew it was 'common knowledge', and how could it happen over a prolonged time and nothing was ever done? 

The entire scenario is bizarre, It's been stuck in my head all day, especially since reading suggestions that the allegations could possibly be spurious,  which would mean a whole other response emotionally.  My initial response was to take it at face value, and I still can't see far beyond that.  Whatever transpires, I hope that other victims of domestic violence would be able to break the cycle and get out and get help.

That's what I was getting at too. Not hard for rumours to get about online yet this never appeared. As for mods banning etc., what's the difference in what's happened since yesterday i.e. serious unfounded allegations on this board and others.

The allegations were put forward by the wife. Not some  faceless poster behind a user name that carries no weight. It's totally different. How can you not see that?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Wildweasel74

Well they been seperated a long time, they been in court at the time, not sure why it didn't come up at the time. Derry bollixed no matter what happens.

trailer

Frankly two ridiculous posts.

Whishtup

Modern Irish society is a stomping ground for oppressors.  It is entirely believable that this happens a lot as we are great ones for not rocking the boat. I see it in the GAA, schools, work. Paper over it and it will settle down.  Or make it so difficult to address issues that people give up. It is not popular to be the one to call out abuse, people find it unnerving and part of them wants to blame the complainant because they can't process it. Even if in  the very remote chance that this isn't true, Derry and the Gaa should have come out immediately and made a statement on their stance on domestic abuse and stand down the accused until it is cleared up. 

nrico2006

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 10, 2023, 10:52:51 PM
Well they been seperated a long time, they been in court at the time, not sure why it didn't come up at the time. Derry bollixed no matter what happens.

Exactly and if anybody has serious spiteful motivation to ruin you it would be your ex wife.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

trueblue1234

There's historical cases that go back decades that only come to light when the victim is ready to talk about it. We know that only too well in this country. She may not have wanted to go public cause she was scared, ashamed, to protect the kids from it etc.

balladmaker

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 10, 2023, 11:02:49 PM

Exactly and if anybody has serious spiteful motivation to ruin you it would be your ex wife.

Surely he deserves to be ruined if guilty of lifting his hand even once to her.  She's not some anonymous source, she was specific in her allegations, she says there are witnesses, up to RG and Derry GAA to respond now.   Can't see how his expected statement tomorrow can be anything other than him standing aside even if to have time to clear his name.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 10, 2023, 11:07:49 PM

There's historical cases that go back decades that only come to light when the victim is ready to talk about it. We know that only too well in this country. She may not have wanted to go public cause she was scared, ashamed, to protect the kids from it etc.

If there was domestic abuse then the kids will not have been spared from it, think she mentions something in her post...

Kids aint daft and know from early on what's going on, with it hitting social media and them at school god love them as other kids are brutal!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 10, 2023, 11:02:49 PM

On her post there are two or 3 who backed up her version. Who claim to have been there. Now maybe it is all an elaborate tale. And at this stage, people can only make a call based on what's in front of them. But I know which I think is more likely.
Anyway, tbf that bit is for another time. There's enough there in the public now for Derry GAA to take action until it's sorted. They can't do nothing. And they won't back him, at the risk of being burned later. So I'd expect RG to make a statement tomorrow to say he's stepping away to deal with these allegations.

David McKeown

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 10, 2023, 03:13:31 PM
Not that I know any detail of what's posted here, but I think I know who RG was married too. Did hear a rumour long time bck, but found it strange the children were living with him for quite awhile. If they had went to court for custody issues, would this behaviour not been brought up for reasons not to have custody. I not comment really on sthing I don't know anything about. Serious accusations but like a friend of mine who got a non mol against her on allegations which did not have to be proved in court, I wait on what the police/Garda have to say. Other than that, like the rugby trial I say nothing accusation wise on her as surely it's liable. Wheres old David McK to comment on the legal standing here.

Sorry I have ironically it would seem been dealing with a domestic violence case all day not involving anyone high profile.

What exactly would you like me to comment on?

Without making any specific reference to this case.

I generally wouldn't recommend comment on anything that has the potential to defame anyone if not true and that cuts both ways. I wouldn't comment on anyone when allegations of criminal conduct are being alleged or on the person making the allegations.

It's fine to say x has accused y of something. It's not fine Y is a bastard look what he done to x. Equally it's not fine to say don't believe a word x says he's mental. 

In this regard the board have to be very careful in regard to libel.

In regards to what employers should do when serious allegations are made that's a difficult one. If allegations are of a criminal nature then internal investigations are all but off the table until the criminal investigation is concluded. If employers have a policy or something in contracts that has to be followed. If they don't then beat practice in their industry should be followed. The risk for the them is possible legal action for damages if they fail to act properly towards their employee. That will always have to be balanced against a range of factors including PR exposure etc if they fail to act.

All I would say is I do not envy the position of anyone involved regardless of what occurs moving forward.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

WT4E

Quote from: general_lee on May 10, 2023, 05:01:12 PM
Quote from: WT4E on May 10, 2023, 04:46:40 PM
Quote from: general_lee on May 10, 2023, 12:39:51 PM
Quote from: WT4E on May 10, 2023, 12:31:47 PM
Quote from: general_lee on May 10, 2023, 12:10:01 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 10, 2023, 10:37:13 AM
Quote from: general_lee on May 10, 2023, 09:34:01 AM
His position is untenable. If I was a Derry player (apart from McFaul maybe) I'd lose every ounce of respect I had for him.

Wise up GL you clampit!
Apologies, we actually know for a fact McFaul left someone in intensive care after an unprovoked attack because he can't handle his drink. These are just allegations (unproven in a court of law) at this stage with Gallagher.

How do you know for a fact?

Can you post it.

My understanding was he was provoked/attacked by members of a rival team out there and that the lad who was left in hospital wouldn't have great character. But I will say I don't this for a fact.
Google is your friend... as for your understanding, maybe you could post it?

Google sounds like your talking shite and haven't got proof it's a fact.

As for me posting. I said I didn't know it was fact but it was my understanding from people close to the situation
No you flid, I said Google it because I didn't want to derail this thread any further and there's also an absolute raft of sources said that it was unprovoked, including the DA's office:
https://www.suffolkdistrictattorney.com/press-releases/items/2022/8/3/man-arraigned-in-june-assault-that-left-victim-in-icu

Hands up. Very clear there just shows u I took the word of someone who told me that it was a rival team member from Ireland who tried to start a fight with him. Looks like it was random attack on the street from what you have shared. Disgraceful.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: David McKeown on May 10, 2023, 11:16:27 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 10, 2023, 03:13:31 PM
Not that I know any detail of what's posted here, but I think I know who RG was married too. Did hear a rumour long time bck, but found it strange the children were living with him for quite awhile. If they had went to court for custody issues, would this behaviour not been brought up for reasons not to have custody. I not comment really on sthing I don't know anything about. Serious accusations but like a friend of mine who got a non mol against her on allegations which did not have to be proved in court, I wait on what the police/Garda have to say. Other than that, like the rugby trial I say nothing accusation wise on her as surely it's liable. Wheres old David McK to comment on the legal standing here.

Sorry I have ironically it would seem been dealing with a domestic violence case all day not involving anyone high profile.

What exactly would you like me to comment on?

Without making any specific reference to this case.

I generally wouldn't recommend comment on anything that has the potential to defame anyone if not true and that cuts both ways. I wouldn't comment on anyone when allegations of criminal conduct are being alleged or on the person making the allegations.

It's fine to say x has accused y of something. It's not fine Y is a bastard look what he done to x. Equally it's not fine to say don't believe a word x says he's mental. 

In this regard the board have to be very careful in regard to libel.

In regards to what employers should do when serious allegations are made that's a difficult one. If allegations are of a criminal nature then internal investigations are all but off the table until the criminal investigation is concluded. If employers have a policy or something in contracts that has to be followed. If they don't then beat practice in their industry should be followed. The risk for the them is possible legal action for damages if they fail to act properly towards their employee. That will always have to be balanced against a range of factors including PR exposure etc if they fail to act.

All I would say is I do not envy the position of anyone involved regardless of what occurs moving forward.

David, finally a voice of sanity and reason. It's a shame you've been engaged all day but anyone with an ounce of wit shouldn't need a legal professional to point out the obvious.

Wildweasel74

Back to the football then David, be the best option.