Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

Common knowledge in Donegal for a long time. Can remember hearing about it when he was managing Donegal. The people around Killybegs could tale you a few horrible stories. Derry have to stand him down, no other choice. Good luck to the ex wife, life hasn't been easy for her.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: oakleaflad on May 10, 2023, 01:13:49 PM
Pending who's investigation though? The county board can't do one themselves and as far as I know the police haven't been involved as of yet. Easy saying these things.

Thinking purely from the county boards perspective here.

Given the seriousness of what has been posted, it is an investigation for the police and nobody else.

trueblue1234

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on May 10, 2023, 01:19:57 PM
Pending who's investigation though? The county board can't do one themselves and as far as I know the police haven't been involved as of yet. Easy saying these things.

Given the seriousness of what has been posted, it is an investigation for the police and nobody else.

It is, however Derry can ask Rory to step away given the allegations. And they should. Although I expect to hear that Rory has stepped away of his own accord. I think he'll have more pressing concerns tbh.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Orior

Flip sake. I came on here to post Paddy Power odds on how many times RG will spit on his hands during the match.

Two responses here are important
1) As Walter Cronc says, why now?
2) As JimStynes says, there are always two sides so we need to be careful

It's over to the County Board to either deal with it or ignore.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Pub Bore

Does a FB post count as a complaint to the police?  Or will she have to make a direct complaint to the PSNI to get them to investigate

Louther

Quote from: Orior on May 10, 2023, 01:25:43 PM
Flip sake. I came on here to post Paddy Power odds on how many times RG will spit on his hands during the match.

Two responses here are important
1) As Walter Cronc says, why now?
2) As JimStynes says, there are always two sides so we need to be careful

It's over to the County Board to either deal with it or ignore.

I could say with some certainty that the one thing they can't do is ignore it.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Pub Bore on May 10, 2023, 01:27:24 PM

Does a FB post count as a complaint to the police?  Or will she have to make a direct complaint to the PSNI to get them to investigate

f**k I've no idea but I wouldn't think it. Do the police scan Facebook for crimes to investigate? People were asking about investigations into things but are we saying there should be private investigations and prosecutions via some kind of people's court or do we follow the law?

smelmoth

trueblue1234

Quote from: smelmoth on May 10, 2023, 01:41:30 PM
More likely to be the Gardai than PSNI?

Were they not Fermanagh based? Nearly sure they both are.

Armagh18

Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 10, 2023, 01:48:21 PM

Reading that post at least one of the alleged incidents took place in Clones

93-DY-SAM

So now we are arguing over which police force should investigate? f**k me!

brokencrossbar1

I think it could be a psni/Garda investigation if anything. Clones and Enniscrone obviously in ROI but any incidents in NI are PSNI matters. It's messy no matter what. Have seen the other side of the story as well through a variety of messages and it's not clear cut. Either way there's a messed up situation with young children in the background and they're the real victims of all of this no matter what

trueblue1234

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on May 10, 2023, 01:51:03 PM

So now we are arguing over which police force should investigate? f**k me!
93-DY-SAM meet discussion board. Discussion board meet 93-DY-SAM.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: gallsman on May 10, 2023, 12:41:13 PM
Quote from: full moon on May 10, 2023, 12:20:01 PM
The media will likely will not comment much on this unless there is further developments due to libel laws as these are social media allegations and they can be sued.

If I was to guess I'd say its likely Gallagher remains on the line Sunday at least, unless there is further developments. He may wish to put out his own statement or he may wait until next week.

This is not the Premier League, England or Mason Greenwood case so I'm not sure why people are bringing that up as its nothing a like.

It's exactly alike ffs.

It's arguably worse given the length of time this was going on for.

trailer

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 10, 2023, 01:53:28 PM
I think it could be a psni/Garda investigation if anything. Clones and Enniscrone obviously in ROI but any incidents in NI are PSNI matters. It's messy no matter what. Have seen the other side of the story as well through a variety of messages and it's not clear cut. Either way there's a messed up situation with young children in the background and they're the real victims of all of this no matter what

No matter what the story is, you don't lift your hand to a woman. Ever.