Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

His position is untenable. If I was a Derry player (apart from McFaul maybe) I'd lose every ounce of respect I had for him.

tyrone08

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 10, 2023, 09:24:12 AM
Poor woman. There was definitely talk of this sort of thing before.

Doesn't surprise me to be honest. Comes across as a total horrible bastard that man.

Spill the beans. Whats going on

Mourne Red

Quote from: tyrone08 on May 10, 2023, 09:37:19 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 10, 2023, 09:24:12 AM
Poor woman. There was definitely talk of this sort of thing before.

Doesn't surprise me to be honest. Comes across as a total horrible bastard that man.

Spill the beans. Whats going on

Facebook post from his wife/ex-wife

My name is Nicola. I tried to remove my surname from this post but I couldn't. I'm writing this because I want any other young girl being abused is that silence is not the answer.  I tried that. 24 years.  It doesn't work. I was 18 years old when I got dragged into a carpark in clones, I was beat into an inch of my life for no reason, by a person I trusted and thought was my best friend.  I had a friend there that night who jumped on his back and got him off me, I owe her my life. While I was brought to Monaghan general hospital by my friends he was back in the bar with some other poor girl.  I stayed in a friends that night, I was hysterical, when I came home the next day my parents thought id been in a car accident my face was so badly bruised and I could hardly walk.  I had to do my a-levels with 2 black eyes and a fractured nose. I forgave that man and I married him. 

People like that don't change. At a wedding in enniscrone I was bitten on the face because I said something he didn't like, we left the venue and I was dragged up enniscrone street by the hair while constantly been hit, I tried to flag down cars I thought I was going to die, the rest of that night is a black out, I've since learned your subconscious mind saves you from that level of trauma.  I was bitten on the face again on a night out where we lived, I did nothing wrong only asked him to calm down on the drink.  He tried to strangle me that night too.  I sat more nights waiting for him to come home when I knew exactly what he was at.

My pregnancies never changed the violence I was thumped and winded with the first.  Thrown down the stairs with the second, I've been in the local surgery more times with fractured ribs.  The two fingers in the ribcage is the worst pain I've felt in my entire life, id rather have every beating only that. Maybe it's what footballers do. 

My cousin was the only one I confided in.  She was my rock.  I developed a problem with alcohol because at the time I didn't know how else to cope.  Blocking it out was easier than admitting what was happening.  I was glassed by that man and I had to tell lies I pretended I fell on mirror. My kids had to see me in bed with blood all over me. Silence isn't the answer, I tried that, I thought I was protecting my children, the only person I was protecting was him.  Please anyone who's been through this, speak out. Silence nearly killed me.

Mario

Absolutely awful. Has there been a police investigation? Is he going to be charged?

Ethan Tremblay

I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

brokencrossbar1

Position is untenable now for Gallagher. How could any player play under him?  Even if it is false,  which I doubt it is, it would have to be looked into from Derrys perspective and he should not have control over anyone until that is clarified

trailer

Quote from: Mario on May 10, 2023, 09:44:19 AM
Absolutely awful. Has there been a police investigation? Is he going to be charged?

Well she only posted it at 10pm last night. So very early days.

Derry Co Board will not want to have do deal with this so close to Sunday, but deal with it they must. These are very serious allegations.

Cavan19

Quote from: trailer on May 10, 2023, 09:46:28 AM

Derry Co Board will not want to have do deal with this so close to Sunday, but deal with it they must. These are very serious allegations.

I doubt if we will be seeing him on Sunday or ever again along the line the media will go into overdrive on this now and rightly so.

Ethan Tremblay

Quote from: trailer on May 10, 2023, 09:46:28 AM

It will be interesting to see the Co.Board handling of this alright

I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

blasmere

Football is of no significance whatsoever after reading that.

If these allegations are correct he should be in the dock, never mind being removed from the Derry role.
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

tyrone08

Sounds horrible however it is an allegation at this stage and no one knows if its real. Timing seems strange this close to the final.

tonto1888

Captain Scarlet

f**k me. Christ as ye say, football means little after reading that.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Harold Disgracey

Absolutely vile, his position is surely untenable.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: tyrone08 on May 10, 2023, 09:51:29 AM
Sounds horrible however it is an allegation at this stage and no one knows if its real. Timing seems strange this close to the final.

Maybe it is the best time for her as it means she gets maximum exposure. The allegations are too detailed and specific. This is just what she has put in writing,  it may only be(and likely is only) the tip of the iceberg. Christ only knows what she has gone through. Domestic violence is horrendous and this may be the only way she thinks she can be heard