Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Derry play to a game plan with what players they got available. If Enda Muldoon and the Bradleys were in this age group I expect we play more attacking as they have the ability to take long range scores. The fact that Derry wouldn't bring in a outside manager (Always went internally when only M Moran had a decent CV) when they had a serious panel of players back then, is an indictment of how badly we were run at the time.

Derryman forever

Quote from: Orior on May 07, 2023, 12:26:20 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 07, 2023, 11:35:13 AM
Quote from: Derryman forever on May 07, 2023, 10:30:04 AM
Don't know why the counties are not recruiting their managers from here.
There seems to be an abundance of GAA strategists and experts here. Would live to read their CVs. Must be very impressive.
Imagine people discussing teams tactics and gameplan on a gaa discussion forum. Disgraceful from them

Lol

Well I won't be trying to flatter you all,  ever again then.

Derryman forever

Well now, a Damascene Conversion  or an admission that there is more than one way to skin a cat.

https://www.balls.ie/gaa/pat-spillane-derry-brand-gaa-553144

lenny

Quote from: Derryman forever on May 08, 2023, 07:44:07 AM
Well now, a Damascene Conversion  or an admission that there is more than one way to skin a cat.

https://www.balls.ie/gaa/pat-spillane-derry-brand-gaa-553144

Well done to Pat and the secret is he's actually watching Derry play instead of having preset opinions and coming out with clichés like the obnoxious sean cavanagh on the Sunday game.

balladmaker

I'm not hearing of many tickets doing the rounds, they seem scarce enough.  Doesn't look like any have been returned for general sale via Ticketmaster.  In Armagh, a lot of clubs saying they've been oversubscribed with ticket requests, some saying that demand is 2 to 1, which means a raffle of whatever tickets they have.

My sister's 11 year old got a Hill ticket from their club, but they're obviously not for sending the child onto the hill on their own, so in the search for another hill ticket if anyone has one going spare pls would appreciate a PM, thank you.

Armagh18

Yeah at least 2 to 1 ffs. Hope everyone gets sorted. Rough estimate if clubs get 114 tickets each, say 50 clubs in each county? 5700 per county thats only 11k total. Where are the rest?

Mario

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 09, 2023, 10:08:06 AM
Yeah at least 2 to 1 ffs. Hope everyone gets sorted. Rough estimate if clubs get 114 tickets each, say 50 clubs in each county? 5700 per county thats only 11k total. Where are the rest?
I suspect clubs are getting a lot more than 114 tickets each.

Estimator

Quote from: balladmaker on May 09, 2023, 09:59:16 AM
I'm not hearing of many tickets doing the rounds, they seem scarce enough.  Doesn't look like any have been returned for general sale via Ticketmaster.  In Armagh, a lot of clubs saying they've been oversubscribed with ticket requests, some saying that demand is 2 to 1, which means a raffle of whatever tickets they have.

My sister's 11 year old got a Hill ticket from their club, but they're obviously not for sending the child onto the hill on their own, so in the search for another hill ticket if anyone has one going spare pls would appreciate a PM, thank you.

In all the information given out regarding tickets for the Ulster Final, stated that there would be no juvenile tickets issued for the Hill. Not sure if it was for Health and Safety reasons, but there had to be something behind that decision.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Estimator

Quote from: Mario on May 09, 2023, 10:31:42 AM

Read on twitter that it was 194 tickets per club in Armagh, with 44 clubs = approx 9,000 tickets
Ulster League Champions 2009

Armagh18

Quote from: Estimator on May 09, 2023, 10:35:58 AM
Quote from: Mario on May 09, 2023, 10:31:42 AM

Read on twitter that it was 194 tickets per club in Armagh, with 44 clubs = approx 9,000 tickets
Think it was Killeavey who had it on their social media they were getting 114 tickets. This will have surely increased though. Not much use to them though as they had over 600 requests!

tbrick18

I would have assumed that clubs put their requests in for tickets then they are allocated based on club size? So larger clubs (i.e. clubs with a larger membership) get more tickets than smaller clubs. Does every club get the same fixed amount of tickets? And why would Armagh clubs get more than Derry clubs?
Or perhaps those figures are averages across all clubs in the county?

Once again the GAA doesn't exactly cover itself in glory when it comes to transparency of where tickets go.

I think I've managed to get sorted with tickets, standing at the road end so not the best tickets, but just happy I can get now and bring the kids. It wasn't looking good there for a while though.

On a slightly different topic, has any traffic info been made public yet? Last year I remember info came out on some road closures on the day. Just trying to plan the route.

orchardarmy02

have armagh got more tickets than derry?
if so the only reason i can think of would be as the armagh ladies are also playing on the day

Armagh18

Quote from: orchardarmy02 on May 09, 2023, 11:52:42 AM
have armagh got more tickets than derry?
if so the only reason i can think of would be as the armagh ladies are also playing on the day
Yeah I would say we have because of this which is probably only fair.

Sonny Joe

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 07, 2023, 01:19:25 PM
Derry play to a game plan with what players they got available. If Enda Muldoon and the Bradleys were in this age group I expect we play more attacking as they have the ability to take long range scores. The fact that Derry wouldn't bring in a outside manager (Always went internally when only M Moran had a decent CV) when they had a serious panel of players back then, is an indictment of how badly we were run at the time.

Enjoyed reading that. Paddy and Eoin wouldn't have lasted to long with Gallagher. Paddy would never make a run to create any space for anyone else and neither brothers would want to have past their own 65 to tackle. Jez, man, what have you watched. Muldoon would fit into any team.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

markl121

Any ideas on the uptake of tickets from the Derry city clubs? Surely wouldn't be the same demand for tickets. Holding out for any hope some go on general sale 🤣