Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on January 28, 2015, 06:19:43 PM
I think yous got ridiculous decision back in the 2000 semi final

who was that against? i cant rem who we beat then. i know we beat cushendun handy in the final that year
hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 29, 2015, 08:53:41 AM

who was that against? i cant rem who we beat then. i know we beat cushendun handy in the final that year

From memory we didn't really get away from the dun that til the last 5 or 10 minutes that day DR. They had us on the rack for a decent part of the game.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on January 29, 2015, 09:13:44 AM

From memory we didn't really get away from the dun that til the last 5 or 10 minutes that day DR. They had us on the rack for a decent part of the game.

Yeah, they'd you on the rack for a long time, pappy O'Kane was really struggling with Emmet O'Hara (wee nippy bollox) and it took the Dunloy management far too long to make the changes that secured the victory.

Cushendun were a good team back then.

Na Glinntí Glasa

my memory is vague of that final! lol

who did we beat in the semi that year? was it cdall at casement by any chance?
hurl like f**k boi!

maxpower

Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 29, 2015, 09:35:24 AM

Cushendall, with Damien McMullans 100 yard free at the death!
What happens next????

Milltown Row2

Boy he could hit frees!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: maxpower on January 29, 2015, 09:58:11 AM

thats right! christ it was one hell of a free. it was one of the best i ever seen as it was under pressure and near the sideline as well. i cant even rem if it was a free or not at the time.

it was poetic justice for that soft(non existant) penalty that won the final the year before  ;D
hurl like f**k boi!

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 29, 2015, 11:04:44 AM

thats right! christ it was one hell of a free. it was one of the best i ever seen as it was under pressure and near the sideline as well. i cant even rem if it was a free or not at the time.

it was poetic justice for that soft(non existant) penalty that won the final the year before  ;D
That was the free I was taking about. A shocking decision

Megaman

Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 29, 2015, 11:04:44 AM

Dont think it was the penalty that lost yous the game that day, if yous hadnt already starting doing a victory dance yous would have won it handy.

As for 2000, the free was a shocking decision, who was the ref that day  ::)

But how far back are yous going to go back to look for bad decisions etc, as they say you win some you lose some.

Na Glinntí Glasa

i dont think that was a victory dance more a smash and grab. the sideline ball ended up in the net then a pen a moment or so later and bang it was over.

swings and roundabouts from one year to another.:)
hurl like f**k boi!

Megaman

Quote from: Dunloy realist on January 29, 2015, 01:09:11 PM
i dont think that was a victory dance more a smash and grab. the sideline ball ended up in the net then a pen a moment or so later and bang it was over.

swings and roundabouts from one year to another.:)

Most definitely a smash and grab, but your downfall was yous thought you had it won with 10 mins to go (which yous should have had)

wasnt a sideline either, was a free that was doubled on in mid-air, think we scored 2-2 in those last few minutes so i dont think it was the penalty that beat yous whereas an atrocious decision was the reason why we got beat the following year..

anyway, it doesnt really matter a damn now, swings and roundabouts as you say.

Seamroga in exile

Bad decisions in the county final causing teams the championship is it?  Where would one begin?  :-X
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

WTF u on about?

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on January 29, 2015, 05:52:33 PM
Bad decisions in the county final causing teams the championship is it?  Where would one begin?  :-X

Can't recall too many dodgy decisions against you in any of the recent county finals. Maybe a dodgy free off a hop ball in the first defeat of the 6 in a row but none in any of the others that 'cost u the game'.

johnneycool

for a few of your defeats, the bad decisions were made by the lads along the line in Loughgiel gear.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: WTF u on about? on January 29, 2015, 07:26:22 PM

Can't recall too many dodgy decisions against you in any of the recent county finals. Maybe a dodgy free off a hop ball in the first defeat of the 6 in a row but none in any of the others that 'cost u the game'.

i dont recall many either myself over the years in the finals.

the knock out games no doubt have had some shockers!
hurl like f**k boi!