Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Lads i am struggling to see how Harte intends to win an all Ireland with this group. This kicking into McShane is not going to win it and playing like last year is not to either. If you take Petey and McShane out the game you can be sure Tyrone are going to struggle.

youhavenofans

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 25, 2019, 09:25:34 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 25, 2019, 08:10:41 AM
Quote from: Localexpert on June 24, 2019, 06:55:40 PM
Did one of the high profile players go on holiday instead of going and supporting his teammates over the weekend?

That's a ridiculous complaint about a player that has been given a lot to Tyrone for 6/7 years. If the management team where ok with it he was well entitled to get a break when he wasn't available for the game. I know of it happening in recent years with an east Tyrone player and there wasn't a word of it on here. I actually cant believe someone would complain about this.

Nothing against him going at all, but Harte seems to have one rule for certain players and another rule for others.  A certain Tyrone forward had booked a trip to the Champions League final as he is a Spurs fan, everything paid for etc but MH told him he couldn't go even though he was only going to miss one training session.  Unbelievable.

A certain tyrone defender was also on the same boat as a Liverpool fan and wasted over £500. Maybe he now deserves to get away...

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Hereiam on June 25, 2019, 01:46:23 PM
Lads i am struggling to see how Harte intends to win an all Ireland with this group. This kicking into McShane is not going to win it and playing like last year is not to either. If you take Petey and McShane out the game you can be sure Tyrone are going to struggle.

Maybe we should just pack it in for the year then.....

We haven't set the world alight in the last couple of games but lets not write us off just yet. For my money the kicking into McShane has worked perfectly ever since he was moved in there. He's scored a bagful against everyone bar Donegal who double and sometimes treble marked him.

There's suddently a lot of doom and gloom after one brutal performance but if we get can get Petey, Mattie and Sludden played into a bit of form and get a bit more solid at the back it'll still take a damn good team to beat us.

That said, if Hampsey is out for the season it's a hammer blow

bigtogs

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on June 25, 2019, 02:11:27 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on June 25, 2019, 01:46:23 PM

Maybe we should just pack it in for the year then.....

We haven't set the world alight in the last couple of games but lets not write us off just yet. For my money the kicking into McShane has worked perfectly ever since he was moved in there. He's scored a bagful against everyone bar Donegal who double and sometimes treble marked him.

There's suddently a lot of doom and gloom after one brutal performance but if we get can get Petey, Mattie and Sludden played into a bit of form and get a bit more solid at the back it'll still take a damn good team to beat us.

That said, if Hampsey is out for the season it's a hammer blow

All players named above plus a few more have room for improvement, one good win could spring board the thing into action, i could be wrong and i hope i am, the spark seems to missing at the minute for some reason, numbers at training are reported to be low the last few weeks with injuries etc.... moral in general around the county players and supporters alike is very low....need a good pick me up this week end by putting Kildare to the sword convincingly!!!

Angelo

While not a huge cause for concern yet, our squad has actually gone a little stale in terms of young players coming through.

It's primarily backed up from the 2008 and 2010 AI winning minor sides and 2015 AI u21 side. McShane and Burns played another year u21 after 2015 (Lee Brennan had two more).

Other than that though we only really have McKernan, McDonnell, Gallen, Kennedy, Mulgrew and Rafferty on the squad under the age of 24 now.

I think we could do with a big of a shakeup next year. There's a few guys on that panel right now who have been there a few years and just don't seem to have progressed or taken their chances when they have came their way.

I'm surprised Harte hasn't called up a few players since the league started. During that time we have lost the likes of O'Neill, Brennan and McCarron, released Canavan and Murnaghan to the u21s while Brendan Burns and Ronan McHugh are out for the season. David Mulgrew also looks unlikely to play this year. The squad seems a lot lighter than last year where we actually ended up adding Ruairi Sludden to it after the Monaghan game when Bradley and Brennan picked up injuries.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

redhandefender

I have always been a harte supporter but should mickey not take a look at malachy leaving with high praise and dignity and do the right thing. Year after year its the same issues. Its getting boring and must be feeding into the players. Someone else might not work but i think its worth the risk given the talent in the county

Angelo

Quote from: redhandefender on June 25, 2019, 09:43:27 PM
I have always been a harte supporter but should mickey not take a look at malachy leaving with high praise and dignity and do the right thing. Year after year its the same issues. Its getting boring and must be feeding into the players. Someone else might not work but i think its worth the risk given the talent in the county

I'm beginning to think the same that the time might be right for a break but I think people overrate the talent in the county. We have some very good players but would we have a player you'd rank in the top 10-15 players in the country? Would we have a player who you'd say is the best in his position in the country?

We are a good side and over the past few years we have consistently been one of the top 4 sides in the country so I think Harte has got the most out of the team but if things are going stale then it might be time for a change.

southtyronegael

hartes only gonna do the right thing for himself, and that means stay in power and milk the thing for all it's worth. M o rourke is absolute gent and a top class manager. Harte couldn't lace his boots. I'd be proud to have a gent like that manage Tyrone.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: southtyronegael on June 25, 2019, 10:13:40 PM
hartes only gonna do the right thing for himself, and that means stay in power and milk the thing for all it's worth. M o rourke is absolute gent and a top class manager. Harte couldn't lace his boots. I'd be proud to have a gent like that manage Tyrone.

I think his record compared to Harte might suggest other wise. Even over the last 6/7 years with probably the strongest Monaghan team ever and one of if not the top forward in Ireland their record still isn't as good as Tyrone's. Both won two Ulster's but Tyrone got to at least the semi final stage on 4 occasions compared to one for Monaghan. They also lost the 3 big knock out games in Croke park to Tyrone and in the first two where out smarted on the line.

Also i could only imagine the reaction by the likes of you if Tyrone lost championship games to the likes of Armagh, down, Fermanagh and Longford over a few years.

I don't want to be overly harsh on O'Rourke who is a good manager and a players man but there is lot of nonsense being talked when comparing him to Harte.

As stated previously now is the time to get behind the team not question management who got us to an Ireland final last year despite a poor start to the championship then too. My biggest concern isn't management but the loss of Bradley and Hampsey from last year and a weakened squad.

If Hampsey is gone I think we may have to drop mattie back to centre half to give a physical presence there but we're running out of forwards. Loughran another impact sub gone from last year.

Angelo

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 25, 2019, 10:45:18 PM

I think his record compared to Harte might suggest other wise. Even over the last 6/7 years with probably the strongest Monaghan team ever and one of if not the top forward in Ireland their record still isn't as good as Tyrone's. Both won two Ulster's but Tyrone got to at least the semi final stage on 4 occasions compared to one for Monaghan. They also lost the 3 big knock out games in Croke park to Tyrone and in the first two where out smarted on the line.

Also i could only imagine the reaction by the likes of you if Tyrone lost championship games to the likes of Armagh, down, Fermanagh and Longford over a few years.

I don't want to be overly harsh on O'Rourke who is a good manager and a players man but there is lot of nonsense being talked when comparing him to Harte.

As stated previously now is the time to get behind the team not question management who got us to an Ireland final last year despite a poor start to the championship then too. My biggest concern isn't management but the loss of Bradley and Hampsey from last year and a weakened squad.

If Hampsey is gone I think we may have to drop mattie back to centre half to give a physical presence there but we're running out of forwards. Loughran another impact sub gone from last year.

What's the story with Loughran? Injured or walked?

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Angelo on June 25, 2019, 10:53:10 PM

What's the story with Loughran? Injured or walked?

Injured for most of the year and still out. Popped up with a couple of important goals last year and was another option from the bench.

GaaFanatic123

Id hardly think taking over a Div 3 team Monaghan team was the strongest team they ever had, He transformed them into the strongest teams they ever had..
Tyrone over the past 6/7 years have had a stronger team but Monaghan still managed to win 2 Ulsters..

southtyronegael

Mickey took over Tyrone when they were div 1 champions, big difference. Mickey has had a constant flow of all Ireland winning underage players to choose from yet o rourkes teams went toe to toe with us despite hardly an underage medal between them.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: southtyronegael on June 26, 2019, 09:33:18 AM
Mickey took over Tyrone when they were div 1 champions, big difference. Mickey has had a constant flow of all Ireland winning underage players to choose from yet o rourkes teams went toe to toe with us despite hardly an underage medal between them.

Mickey took over when Tyrone where division 1 champions and led them to 3 All Irelands, given we had won none I don't think we could ask for much more. We've had good minor teams since but we didn't win an ulster u21 from 2006 to 2015 which is a much better indicator of the players coming through. We won an All Ireland in 2015 and many of them players have already played at senior level and reached and an All Ireland final.

We very rarely lose matches to inferior teams since Harte took over which hasn't been the case for Monaghan (no one can argue Monaghan haven't better players than Longford, Fermanagh etc). O'Rourke would be a good appointment after Harte but he still has a lot to do to prove he's a better manager than Harte.

trailer

Harte is no longer getting the best out of the players available to him and there's a school of thought that he isn't developing the younger players either.