County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LooseCannon

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on July 20, 2018, 11:19:39 PM
Rouse can't commit to Offaly either, one of the selectors should step up though.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Rossfan

Down , Louth, Westmeath, Cavan, Laythrum and Offaly definitely.
Mayowestros,  Sligo, Derry, Antrim, Wexford, Waterford, Clare possibly.
Ros.....?????
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on July 21, 2018, 12:07:02 AM
Down , Louth, Westmeath, Cavan, Laythrum and Offaly definitely.
Mayowestros,  Sligo, Derry, Antrim, Wexford, Waterford, Clare possibly.
Ros.....?????

Hahaha

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Kildare more than likely too, O'Neill's term is up and he is rumoured to be taking on a new challenge.

Mayo4Sam

I don't think we'd take McStay after last weekend. The one problem we have is defensive naivety and well.......
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Syferus

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on July 21, 2018, 02:38:33 PM
I don't think we'd take McStay after last weekend. The one problem we have is defensive naivety and well.......

Do you seriously think McStay would take ye if you asked?

spuds

Quote from: Syferus on July 21, 2018, 02:53:52 PM

Do you expect him to be asked? He's being shown up badly today. Think he need a break. One of the good guys but remonstrating with linesman and refs disguising where the blame truly lies.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

under the bar

Quote from: spuds on July 21, 2018, 06:38:58 PM

Do you expect him to be asked? He's being shown up badly today. Think he need a break. One of the good guys but remonstrating with linesman and refs disguising where the blame truly lies.

Roscommon parents not being able to breed decent footballers?? 

Mac2

Looks like Rochford's going to stay anyway.

Dire Ear

http://www.hoganstand.com/Article/Index/288250?county=National
Mayo's top official believes Stephen Rochford will stay on as senior football manager for a fourth term.

Rochford has two years left to run on an existing agreement and, speaking to the Western People, County Board chairman Mike Connelly revealed he expects the former Crossmolina player to commit to the cause for 2019.

The futures of trainer Donie Buckley and selector Peter Burke are less certain, however.

"We're giving Stephen the month to review his own situation," Connelly remarked.

"There's a lot of rumours that Donie Buckley isn't going to be there and maybe Peter Burke [too]. We haven't been told this but I presume that if that is happening, that [Stephen's] talking to whoever is remaining in his backroom and planning for next year.

"He was at the All-Ireland U20 semi-final in Carrick on Shannon so I presume he was there for more than one reason."

Blowitupref

Quote from: Mac2 on July 24, 2018, 09:29:49 AM
If Buckley leaves it should be interesting to see if a like for like replacement is brought in as he's the most important member on the Mayo management team IMO.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

joemamas

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 24, 2018, 12:57:28 PM
Quote from: Mac2 on July 24, 2018, 09:29:49 AM
If Buckley leaves it should be interesting to see if a like for like replacement is brought in as he's the most important member on the Mayo management team IMO.

Totally agree with this, hope to God he stays on.

Tubberman

You're putting the cart before the sheep there lad!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Rossfan

Will our benefactor pay for Buckley as well as McStay/McHale?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Rossfan on July 24, 2018, 01:53:48 PM
Will our benefactor pay for Buckley as well as McStay/McHale?
I doubt Roscommon could afford him. Didn't the Roscommon county board cut a big slice off what team McStay could spend in 2018?