Sigerson Cup

Started by Cuchullainns Bhoy, November 14, 2006, 11:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuchullainns Bhoy

As far as I am aware this years Sigerson Cup is to be played in 'The Dub'.

Can anyone post any information as regards fixtures/dates/times.

Many Thanks.
Theres shite, and theres the above.^^^^^

Craigyhill Terror

Not yet.
The draw is usually around the start of December

chuck hughes

UUJ play DCU in final group game of Ryan cup tomorrow. UUJ and QUB have already qualified for 1/4 finals so I think this game will decide who will play in Sigerson pleminary round. If UUJ win, DCU will be in pleminary, if not it will be decided between them and St Marys on score difference.

youbetterbelieveit

another word on the draw for this? it is usually out about now.

Northside Dub

Heard DCU are off to portugal next week for a training camp. Some serious preparation being put in by the holders to retain their title!
"Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect."

jeremiah

Think the draws are on this Tuesday

Tyler Dearden

Who cares bout the football!! That will be a wile weekends craic up round the bot!! Hope both qub and uuj both get through. The success of weekend depends on it!!!

Spiritof98

I'll go back if Marsdens back

youbetterbelieveit

Higher Education draws made
13 December 2006

The Higher Education Authority (HEA) draws were made at Croke Park on Tuesday, December 12.

Queen's University in Belfast will host the 2007 Sigerson Cup, while Carlow IT will stage the Fitzgibbon Cup finals. Sigerson Cup holders DCU will begin their defence against University of Limerick on February 7.

Sigerson Cup draw

Round 1 (Feb 7): (a) UL v DCU; (b) NUI Maynooth v IT Tallaght; (c) Dundalk IT v GMIT; (d) Sligo IT v IT Tralee; (e) Waterford IT – bye; (f) NUI Galway – bye; (g) St. Mary's – bye.
Round 2 (February 14): (h) UCD v St. Mary's; (i) UL/DCU v UUJ; (j) Sligo IT.IT Tralee v DIT; (k) Dundalk IT/GMIT v NUI Maynooth/IT Tallaght; (l) Cork IT v Waterford IT; (m) Athlone IT v NUI Galway; (n) Garda College v UCC.
Quarter-finals (February 21): (w) H v QUB; (x) K v L; (u) N v J; (z) M v I. Semi-finals (March 2): W v X; Y v Z. Final: March 3.

youbetterbelieveit

I would expect the DCU v UUJ to be a big game. UCD v St Mary's and the Garda v UCC. the other notable fixtures.

The Claw

DCU must be favourites again.

Lone Shark

Going up on Ladbrokes now - should be there within the hour.

2007 Sigerson Cup      

3/1       DCU   
    3/1       Queen's University   
    4/1       UCD   
    9/1       UCC   
   10/1       UUJ   
   10/1       Athlone IT   
   12/1       DIT   
   12/1       Cork IT   
   16/1       NUI Galway   
   16/1       IT Sligo   
   16/1       St. Mary's   
   20/1       Garda College   
   20/1       NUI Maynooth   
   25/1       IT Tralee   
   40/1       UL   
   40/1       GMIT   
   50/1       Waterford IT   
   80/1       Dundalk IT   
   100/1       IT Tallaght   

Each Way 1/2 the odds 1-2   
         All Quoted   
         Suspend February 7th 14:00   

paddypastit

QuoteDCU must be favourites again

Far be it for me to quibble with the bookie but if I read this draw correctly, DCU would have to overcome a preliminary round away to UL, UUJ and QUB to get to the semi?

Granted the likley opposition in said semi would not seem the strongest on past history and the UUJ and QUB games seem to be at home, but on the basis of potentail hurdles alone, plus none too distinguished form in the League to date, favouritism seems a bit short to me. 

Interesting also, again if I'm reading the draw right, that at least one of Queens or the Ploy will defintely not be there for the weekend and that if DCU make it, neither will be - am I reading that right?
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

Lone Shark

Paddypastit wants to back DCU then .....  ;)

UL yes, UUJ yes but not QUB. If they get to a quarter final they play the winners of AIT and NUIG. Not a penalty kick, but they'd be strong favourites. Queens have to beat the winners of UCD and Mary's to get there, but they're in opposite sides of the draw, QUB and DCU.

Initially I agree with you, but when you multiply out the match prices and allow for some upsets along the way, 3/1 is the biggest I could go. 

Jack Dempsey

Would you take a 1500 euro bet on Cork IT ?