Feb 6th  Mayo v Down
Feb 20th  Down v Galway
Feb 26th  Down v Armagh
Mar 13th  Cork v Down
Mar 19th  Down v Monaghan
Apr 2nd Dublin v Down
Apr 10th  Kerry v Down

From the thread in the main board.

Does anyone know are these dates confirmed?
not final.  e.g. the Mayo game is on the Saturday night (5th) under lights in Castlebar

Midlands Man

Lads after looking at the mckenna cup, what do u reckon your team will be for the league.. What changes do u expect from last year..Rodgers prob wont be back , wiill carr get a starting position and why was he dropped last year or what was the story.. I think ye could be a decent bet to win the league..

western exile

Quote from: Midlands Man on January 25, 2011, 08:00:48 PM
Lads after looking at the mckenna cup, what do u reckon your team will be for the league.. What changes do u expect from last year..Rodgers prob wont be back , wiill carr get a starting position and why was he dropped last year or what was the story.. I think ye could be a decent bet to win the league..
Trying to pick your fantasy football team again Midlands Man?  ;)  ;D

whitegoodman

Our team for National league all depends on injuries as currently 3 of the back 6 from last year are out injured.  If they are not fit our options are very limited.  Could be something like this assuming the injured boys are not back and James Colgen is suspended.

Brendan McVeigh

Dan McCartan
Dan Gordon
AN Other

Aidan Brannigan
Kevin Mckernan
Kevin Duffin

Kalum King
Peter Fitzpatrick

Danny Hughes
Mark Poland / Aidan Carr
Conor McGinn / Mark Poland

Benny Coulter
Ronan Murtagh / John Clarke
Martin Clarke

Not sure on the other corner back, could be Luke Howard, Colm Murney, darren ohagen or he could bring aidan carr back into the half back line given his embaressment of riches up front where james has some big decisions to make.

On the league itself it all depends on the start we make and injuries.  I expect us to win all our home games but it may be a bit much to expect them to be in the top 2 3 years in a row in 3 different leagues.

Midlands Man

Whitepoorman has Carr been poor on the half forward line , he has been scoring in theses mckenna cup games has he not?

whitegoodman

Carr was very good against armagh, poor against antrim (as was everyone) and only came on very late against st marys

I would start him but dont think he will get in ahead of mark poland and conor mcginn is a favourite of wee james and dont think he sees him as a half back either.  I could be wrong and have been known to be before!!!!

PAULD123

Does anyone know which turnstile to use for the Mayo vs Down game for season ticket holders?

PAULD123

Mayo team to play Down on Saturday night:

1)                    Kenneth O'Malley       Ballinrobe

2)                    Tom Cunniffe             Castlebar Mitchels

3)                    Cathal Hallinan           Ballintubber

4)                    Keith Higgins               Ballyhaunis

5)                    Richie Feeney              Castlebar Mitchels

6)                    Ger Cafferkey             Ballina Stephenites

7)                    Kevin McLoughlin      Knockmore

8)                    Ronan McGarrity       Ballina Stephenites

9)                    Jason Gibbons             Ballintubber

10)                Andy Moran (Vice C) Ballaghaderreen