Mayo v Dublin NFL Div 1 2016

Started by Farrandeelin, February 02, 2016, 08:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: heffo on February 14, 2016, 05:03:22 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on February 14, 2016, 04:44:29 PM
Quote from: heffo on February 14, 2016, 04:17:08 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on February 14, 2016, 04:03:37 PM
Quick fire question ,on what day did the Dublin team travel to Mayo for this game ?

Saturday, why?

Ahh no biggy really .

They travelled the same day as the game ?

Game was at 7pm.

For Sunday afternoon games away in Kerry/Mayo etc they'll travel the night before.

As Dinny et all keep telling us, staying in your own bed the night before the game is a massive advantage.

Now now Heffo, if you are going to paraphrase me at least don't exaggerate my words, sleeping in your own bed would be referred to as a marginal gain. Routine is very important to any athlete, mentally they don't need change as it is a distraction.
#newbridgeornowhere

Main Street

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 15, 2016, 02:01:26 PM
Quick fire question ,on what day did the Dublin team travel to Mayo for this game ?

Saturday, why?

Ahh no biggy really .

Game was at 7pm.

For Sunday afternoon games away in Kerry/Mayo etc they'll travel the night before.

As Dinny et all keep telling us, staying in your own bed the night before the game is a massive advantage.

Now now Heffo, if you are going to paraphrase me at least don't exaggerate my words, sleeping in your own bed would be referred to as a marginal gain. Routine is very important to any athlete, mentally they don't need change as it is a distraction.
Wouldn't a superbly conditioned (but very fragile) Dub player be encouraged to bring his own pillow/s in the event of an overnight stay, to at last salvage a part of that marginal own bed gain?

heffo

Quote from: Main Street on February 15, 2016, 03:26:15 PM

Saturday, why?

Ahh no biggy really .

Game was at 7pm.

Wouldn't a superbly conditioned (but very fragile) Dub player be encouraged to bring his own pillow/s in the event of an overnight stay, to at last salvage a part of that marginal own bed gain?

They could well be. If they're fragile though, what would you call the Monaghan players who were beat out the gate by them?

Main Street

Quote from: heffo on February 15, 2016, 03:31:48 PM

Saturday, why?

Ahh no biggy really .

Game was at 7pm.

They could well be. If they're fragile though, what would you call the Monaghan players who were beat out the gate by them?
Why would you want to know that? Surely you know that whataboutery is a nordie thing heffo, not for dimwitted corny dubs who have a total absence of humour and irony?
This topic is way over your head heffo. I want to know more about the science of the marginal gain factor and  heffo, your idea of the  marginal gain factor based on your life experience, would probably be more akin to getting an extra butter voucher.

heffo

Quote from: Main Street on February 15, 2016, 05:08:23 PM
Quote from: heffo on February 15, 2016, 03:31:48 PM

Saturday, why?

Ahh no biggy really .

Game was at 7pm.

Why would you want to know that? Surely you know that whataboutery is a nordie thing heffo, not for dimwitted corny dubs who have a total absence of humour and irony?
This topic is way over your head heffo. I want to know more about the science of the marginal gain factor and  heffo, your idea of the  marginal gain factor based on your life experience, would probably be more akin to getting an extra butter voucher.

I wish I were as smart as you. You bitter nordie.