Thousands of Australian kids and their parents at fault...

Started by laoislad, February 06, 2017, 12:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: No wides on February 07, 2017, 02:20:00 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 07, 2017, 01:59:31 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on February 06, 2017, 10:09:37 PM
>:(
Quote from: armaghniac on February 06, 2017, 04:48:23 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on February 06, 2017, 04:04:59 PM
Something the said same resident defender is also partial to.

No doubt, but that doesn't make it right,
Child Abuse is a serious issue, not one to score points on GAABoard.

There are frightening proportions of people involved in some places in that report.

In total agreement
It's an idiotic thread title which has absolutely no rational justification.

Pathetic title the originator shows no remorse in his point scoring.  Thread should be pulled for the title alone.
The title is straight outta Fearon and on the ball
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

armaghniac

Quote from: laoislad on February 07, 2017, 07:46:11 AM
The scale of this makes you think the church there was just one big padeophile ring.

it seems likely that certain religious orders were this way, and the rest of the members can hardly have been ignorant and presumably the leadership was drawn from the same pool.  Whereas in the general diocesan structure you have a smaller proportion and most people would never have served directly with such a person. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 06, 2017, 09:18:01 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 06, 2017, 07:44:16 PM
you'd have to wonder about how those men were recruited into the religious orders and how they became sexual predators
were they attracted by the availability of vunerable children?
or was it something in their training and culture in the orders and often isolation that led them to commit such horrible acts?

the same happened in Ireland, don't forget

You'll find that they will enter a job that places them in a position to take advantage of vulnerable children... Something either already in them or they have been abused themselves long before landing a job which will suit their needs
In many instances, totally unsuitable individuals wound up in religious orders, brothers and nuns, out of economic necessity. This was what an ex-CB told me and I have no reason to doubt his word.
His mother told him when he was a teenager that she was "putting him in" to the Christian Brothers. She had three sons; one would get the farm, another would get third level education and the third who was my informant, was destined for the religious life. She reckoned that he'd get three square meals a day and have a roof over his head as well as the other necessities of life as she put it.
He also told me that very many of his contemporaries wound up wearing collars of some sort because   the only alternative was to take the boat and look for work in England.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 07, 2017, 03:14:58 PM
you'd have to wonder about how those men were recruited into the religious orders and how they became sexual predators
or was it something in their training and culture in the orders and often isolation that led them to commit such horrible acts?

You'll find that they will enter a job that places them in a position to take advantage of vulnerable children... Something either already in them or they have been abused themselves long before landing a job which will suit their needs
In many instances, totally unsuitable individuals wound up in religious orders, brothers and nuns, out of economic necessity. This was what an ex-CB told me and I have no reason to doubt his word.
His mother told him when he was a teenager that she was "putting him in" to the Christian Brothers. She had three sons; one would get the farm, another would get third level education and the third who was my informant, was destined for the religious life. She reckoned that he'd get three square meals a day and have a roof over his head as well as the other necessities of life as she put it.
He also told me that very many of his contemporaries wound up wearing collars of some sort because   the only alternative was to take the boat and look for work in England.

Surely you'd need some sort of education to become a clergyman of sorts? Mayby not the Nuns who have a vow of silence but a lot of the CB where in education and teaching... as where some Nuns within schools!

It wouldnt have to be just with clergy, people in various jobs that had the abilty to use vunerable children for their own needs would (IMO) seek employment in those areas, teaching, social workers, youth workers to name a few
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

No wides

Quote from: seafoid on February 07, 2017, 02:54:14 PM

There are frightening proportions of people involved in some places in that report.

In total agreement

Pathetic title the originator shows no remorse in his point scoring.  Thread should be pulled for the title alone.

Tony Fearon had nothing to do with this abuse or the shameful title of this thread.  The originator a member of the watsup group on here can obviously say what he wants without fear of being pulled.  If TF had of posted that the witches would be gathering.

seafoid

Quote from: No wides on February 07, 2017, 07:59:12 PM

In total agreement

Tony Fearon had nothing to do with this abuse or the shameful title of this thread.  The originator a member of the watsup group on here can obviously say what he wants without fear of being pulled.  If TF had of posted that the witches would be gathering.
TF has defended the church response to abuse on the board for years and consistently blamed the parents
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

No wides

Quote from: seafoid on February 07, 2017, 08:28:06 PM

In total agreement

TF has defended the church response to abuse on the board for years and consistently blamed the parents

He hasn't start this thread with it's shameful title, though you seem happy enough with it.  One poster trying to score points and the watsup group backing him.

Farrandeelin

In total agreement

Agree with you no wides but what's the watsup group?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

No wides

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 08, 2017, 09:20:26 AM

Agree with you no wides but what's the watsup group?

It's the regulars on here who seem to think this is their board and can post what they want with the full backing and back slapping of their peers, I believe if they just want to complement themselves for what they believe to be highly articulate, intellectual and liberal posts they should just start a watsup group, save the likes of Hardy blocking anyone who isn't of the same intellectual capability of himself and his amazing wit.  You just have to read the odd thread and they are easily identifiable, they round on anyone who doesn't agree but when one posts something which needs brought to task, the watsup group remain silent. I think benny is the admin, and is advancing many issues with his contributions. Oh and if you disagree you are given a warning by admin, but not  a reason why and you have a thing under your name that admin is watching you.   ;D 8)

fearsiuil

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 07, 2017, 04:30:19 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 07, 2017, 03:14:58 PM

Surely you'd need some sort of education to become a clergyman of sorts? Mayby not the Nuns who have a vow of silence but a lot of the CB where in education and teaching... as where some Nuns within schools!

It wouldnt have to be just with clergy, people in various jobs that had the abilty to use vunerable children for their own needs would (IMO) seek employment in those areas, teaching, social workers, youth workers to name a few
Back in the day diocesan secondary schools were a big thing, almost like a pre-school for the priesthood. Parents would send their chosen child to somewhere like St. Jarlaths college in Tuam around here. Other kids might of got scholarships etc.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: No wides on February 08, 2017, 09:32:11 AMIt's the regulars on here who seem to think this is their board and can post what they want with the full backing and back slapping of their peers, I believe if they just want to complement themselves for what they believe to be highly articulate, intellectual and liberal posts they should just start a watsup group, save the likes of Hardy blocking anyone who isn't of the same intellectual capability of himself and his amazing wit.  You just have to read the odd thread and they are easily identifiable, they round on anyone who doesn't agree but when one posts something which needs brought to task, the watsup group remain silent. I think benny is the admin, and is advancing many issues with his contributions. Oh and if you disagree you are given a warning by admin, but not  a reason why and you have a thing under your name that admin is watching you.   ;D 8)

You need to lay off the crack pipe

Shamrock Shore

I would consider myself an elder lemon on here and this is the first I have ever heard of a WhatsApp group.

laoislad

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 08, 2017, 02:55:57 PM
I would consider myself an elder lemon on here and this is the first I have ever heard of a WhatsApp group.
Just added you there now.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

No wides

Quote from: laoislad on February 08, 2017, 03:04:59 PM

Pity you wouldn't take down your shameful point scoring title.

gallsman

Quote from: laoislad on February 08, 2017, 03:04:59 PM

:D :D :D :D